Idea for beta testing

… can it be done a little bit better?

The reason I’m asking this is because of the latest “readjustment” of Vela.

And since this comes on the back of the latest
Telluria “readjustment”, i’d like to be able to know that I’m really getting what I paid for, ascension mat-wise.

I leveled up Telluria knowing what I was getting. A little while later, I was basically told, “sorry about your luck…” and <poof!> it was taken from me and changed.

Likewise with Vela… I had just given her final mats and literally a day or two later, <poof!>, it was taken from me and changed, “sorry about your luck (again)”.

So, and I say this with a real sense of sincere inquiry: can something be done to make the beta testing more… I don’t know… Complete and accurate, maybe? Maybe it has to go on longer, maybe it needs more people to be a part of it, I don’t know…

As it stands right now, it feels like sort of a “bait and switch”… You buy this, you get that (eventually). I think if beta testing was a bit more extensive, a bit more thorough, there might not arise a need to have so many “readjustments” to heroes that people have put a lot of time and effort into.

I also say this as a person that worked in IT for 20+ years as a programmer analyst. When I was beta testing my programs, my boss would’ve shown me the door if I would’ve let something go into production that was not as close to 100% accurate as possible.

Thanks, I’m just trying to get a better sense of why this has to happen this way and can it be better.

Beta testers here don’t have quite as much influence as you think they do, sadly.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings