Idea: Ability to watch war fights in progress - Please add your comments and ideas here!

Tidying things up and combining threads. This thread is for the discussion of being able to view a teammate’s battle either in progress, or after it happens. Please contintinue to add your thoughts to the discussion!

Also, a quick reminder to do a brief search to see if your idea is already posted. It is more effective to have a single discussion about a topic, and to vote on a single thread instead of many. (There were 20 votes for this idea that got split over multiple threads)

Below are previous threads on this topic, and a few of the posts that stand out in those conversations.

Ability to watch War fights
Alliance wars tweak
Viewing a war attack
AW Spectator Mode
Spectator mode for AW
Raid Playback (and Alliance War spectating)
Spectator mode in AW
A real spectator mode
War chat / war spectator
War watching system
Want to be able to Watch the fight when my teammates fight in a war

Spectator mode in AW
Ability to watch War fights
Alliance wars tweak
Viewing a war attack
AW Spectator Mode
Spectator mode for AW
Raid Playback (and Alliance War spectating)
Want to be able to Watch the fight when my teammates fight in a war
War watching system
War chat / war spectator
A real spectator mode

Yes, this idea was mentioned multiple times. I did that also.

It can be a recording or a live streaming. Perhaps a recording that can be viewed later is easier and more helpful. Team can review battles and do some analyzes. On the other hand, life streaming doesn’t require large server side storage.

I was pondering on this. Some technical thoughts.

A battle is a step-by-step process. A log of a battle should be not more than a chess game script: Initial information includes Heroes and troops stats for both parties (10 heroes and 10 troops) and initial board (35 integers). For a full log of a step we need a list of matched and generated tiles and damage they inflicted. Overall it shouldn’t exceed 50K Byte of information per turn.

Raid is not very fast running process, so sending this amount of data asynchronously after each turn should not be a big deal. Transfer can be synchronized at the end of a raid, when the raid results are sent to server.

Higher volume of data can be for sending combos, but for the sake of saving bandwidth all combos could be reduced to sending just a final state of a board. I’m not sure this will save a lot of traffic, though.

From a server it can be broadcast to subscribers, if any of them connected to view the battle.