Idea: Ability to watch war fights in progress [MASTER]

Totally agree, AW’s would be cool to watch live matches as they happen or even if live is to difficult as I know as a server owner myself it is very demanding on resources to implement then a reply button once the match is over would also be acceptable to most I think.

As stated above, the idea of seeing your own team in action against others woukd certainly increase strategy awareness in the game.

Nice idea

1 Like

As I wrote above, E&P battle can be broadcasted with much smaller bandwidth than a video stream, because it can be rendered at a client and only needs a log of tiles and damages.

1 Like

Agreed but your still talking in the millions within a 24hr period all rendered (streaming) from a multitude of servers.

Correct, but it’s already happening in the game, when alliance is chatting for example. And amount of data to be transmitted is about the same. Moreover, you don’t need to stream a fight to everybody, only to those subscribed to it. Not necessarily everybody will watch all the fights att the same time.

1 Like

I like this idea. Watching the war fight doesn’t have to be live either. It could just be a replay of the fight :slight_smile: That’s something that could be done if having multiple spectators causing server lag is a concern

2 Likes

all your alliance members can record their fights and let you watch them so this is already possible. and plenty of high allainces post vids of how they fight. wars are a team effort you should already be watching each other fights and helping one another maximize your rosters. if you understand the character skills and levels then you should be learning how to use the field aides to your advantage with the heroes you currently have. all of this things change on a day to day basis because everyone’s roster changes a little bit every day. there are a thousand ways to attack watching vids means nothing because we are all at the mercy of the boards. board management is most important factor for war especially as rosters deplete.

Quite a few people in my alliance enjoy watching war as it happens. It would be great if there was some way to see what’s going on during battles.
If we clicked on an ongoing battle being able to watch the health of heros in real time. It’s a lot of info to expect much more considering the sheer volume of players, and potential activity at any given time.
I had considered being able to see the status of battles/heros displayed passively, but I think having to select one to watch it makes the idea more plausible: again due to the potential volume of data that exists.
It’s fun to see players attacking and what the end result is but being able to see what is actually happening would be really cool.

I would love to see that too! :heart_eyes:

Hi, in my ally, we use the Line app. We record the fight and publish it on our line chanel. But i really appreciate to do this on the game, because not all the players have Line.

I think this is not so simple but will be a fantastic feature. During wars the guild members should be able to be watching the on going battles, this will be very nice.

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes yes yes… Good

It would be totally awesome, but eat up lots of computing space. I would settle for a battle report with the stats explaining what had happened. Same with raids. See who attacked you with what, and how close it was.

4 Likes

agree on this one… it will be good if we can watch the ongoing battle then we can evaluate for the next strategy …

1 Like

It would be good to implement the option to see the attacks of alliance wars, there are games that allow it and empires and puzzles should not be left behind

Totally agreed that it uses extra server resources although there are ways of implementing/clustering new servers just for those purposes which would releave the current server loads.

The other side of that is by making this available it would encourage users to be on for longer periods of time and see strategies they may not have known of before. This brings on new interest in the game thus increase spending thus servers pay for them selves 10 fold, It’s a win win.

As for space well once the wars are over they get deleted.

1 Like

Great idea have been saying to everyone in my alliance that it would be really good if you could view ongoing battles in wars hope this is something they are considering

1 Like

Think that this is one of most supported idea by the communitty so far ,every player that enjoy the game think bout it and everytime during wars everyone mention it…just wondering if they can do smthng bout this would have give us more fun definetely…so devs pls do smthng bout this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be very pleased to see how my defense works. I want to watch my defendings…

In other games it is possible

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: See Actual Offense Team in Raid

Some ideas are big step it would be better to start slowly. A closed war chat for 2 fight team would be a good start. 2nd maybe no direct see the fight just as you click on the attacked team an see how the heroes lose hp with a round counter. 3rd on same panel bring in the attacking heroes with hp lost. 4th Make war list where you can filter on any war and watch as a spectator. 5th Make an open war chat, to chat with the fighting team players. Data use is an important factor an also a stable game. That why a prefer just the round counter & hp lost at the beginning.