Ice, Ice Baby 4* finally

You will outgrow boril faster than you will Kiril. But if it fits your play style, do it. Too many dispellers out there… keep that in mind.

3 Likes

Not that this is proof of anything, but my defense team was nearly identical to one of my alliance’s co-leaders. Main difference: I have Cyprian at tank, he had Boril. He was constantly losing cups, I wasn’t.

He has since moved Boril out of tank position.

1 Like

That make sense to me.
The strong counter for Boril: Melendor, Caedmon, Mnneseus
The strong counter for Cyprian: -

3 Likes

We’re drifting away from the main subject, but Melendor and Cademon, as effective as they are against Boril, the are water pistols against Elena and Azlar… so Boril’s riposte isn’t as important as his tanky stats and the trap of stacking green dispellers against him, while they are powerless against the flanks. This way, at least for me, Boril is very successful where all other 4* will fail miserably: tanking in diamond arena.

3 Likes

I was trying to sort of stay on topic by making a case against Boril and pro Kiril. I believe that Kiril is more effective than Boril overall. But that is just my opinion, and I don’t raid in diamond tier. I was just trying to offer supporting “evidence” for my completely biased opinion. :grin:

5 Likes

I agree, overall Kiril is far more useful than Boril. I’ve already adviced the OP to opt for Kiril unless what she needs is a blue tank.

4 Likes

I actually wouldn’t underestimate Kiril as a tank, if you’re going up against sub-4k teams anyway. Had a Russian AW opponent whose team went full R-B-R for their middle teams, several of them put Kirils in tank position. They held up surprisingly well against our attacks. Now, granted, my alliance doesn’t have any diamond-tier members. Kiril at tank would probably get destroyed by a 5* team. But he’s pretty solid against mid levels.

2 Likes

I’d choose either Kiril or Triton.

Kiril will be useful for a good long time. Triton with play nicely with Boldtusk, though. :slight_smile:

Depends if you feel like you need a little more killing power, or a little more healing & defense. :slight_smile: But either way you go, I think you will not be disappointed… and you will most likely ascend the other one eventually. (I did.)

Good gaming!

3 Likes

Triton if you want a hitter
Kiril if you want a healer

BT can tank so Boril is pretty low priority imo

2 Likes

Kiril without question. He has a very long shelf life. You will find him in your 5* lineup quite often. Plus he’s a healing tank that boosts attack and defense…using BEER!! FFS, how could you even think of picking not BEER??? :joy:

1 Like

I have Grimm, Triton, Kiril, and Sonya maxed. I use Kiril and Triton most followed by Grimm. I’d go Kiril, as many have pointed out you’ll end up using him the most.

2 Likes

Hi doc, is ur kiril emblemed?

I find that mine dies rapidly when facing 5* in def

2 Likes

Sorry Boril, no more love for you… this morning I got a feeling that maybe an elemental red pull might be good idea… did single one and ended with Elena.

Capes goes to Kiril.

3 Likes

Kiril as he has most utility and versatility.

3 Likes

No, too much competition for those wizard emblems.