I would like to know more about you forum folk

Ok @Natural-Lite. I’ll play.
I am a 61 year old chap living near Cambridge in the U.K.
I retired 3 years ago after a long career in a scientific research company. I am an organic chemist by training, but my latter years were in an information science/IT role.

After retirement I resolved to do some useful things - one of which was learning French, for which I used a 'phone app called Duolingo. Of course Duolingo has ads, and E&P used to regularly pop up, and I ignored it like all the others. I have never been a gamer apart from a few simple puzzle games on my phone. The E&P ad was very persistent, and of course it was one of those very clever playable ads … and one day, I don’t know why, I interacted with it. I did this a few times and one day in August 2018, while my wife was away, I downloaded it and started playing. 18 months later here I am! I dont think I have missed a single day. I do still learn French on Duolingo where I have an 949 day streak!

I am now level 57 and been in my current alliance for 464 days now!

My other hobbies are birdwatching and photography, but as I have an annoying chronic pain condition in my neck I have really had to slow things down, and sadly have to spend more time at home. The very minor upside of this is that I have more time for E&P!

My favourite hero is probably Alberich, but he does not even make my defence team. Kingston has to take the nature role on my defence, and Alby doesn’t even get the Druid emblems because Zim holds those on my defence team. I also love Seshat!

Mentioning people is tricky, as you always miss some out, but those that have helped me most here are probably @zephyr1 (obviously!) @Mariamne for the amazing infographics, @BarryWuzHere for his amazing farming spreadsheet, @RandaPanduh in the earlier days, @IvyTheTerrible more recently and also @AirHawk and @FraVit93. Thank-you to everyone.

Have a great year everyone.

14 Likes