I want to hear from ALL mono players

I don’t think it has to do with an update, but I feel raids are tougher than 6 months ago. I feel that with the troops getting maxed, emblems and team bonuses, defensive teams are growing stronger each day. I just had a 4600+ team in a raid! Holy Hanna! 6 months ago a 4300+ was a strong team.

I find that I am spending most of my emblems and troop upgrades to strengthen my 5 mono teams in order to compete, instead on investing in my defense only. I have been focusing on level the best offensive units and largely ignoring defense for now. I have almost all my 5 mono teams at 4000 right now and I am probably at about 60-70% win rate. I think this strategy will pay off in the next few months as folks will continue to pour emblems into there main defense…but as long as I can get 3 tiles to destroy any tank I will have the advantage.

2 Likes

I have been trying to go for some 2-1-1-1 recently, for variety. But it restricts me to +4 opponents to have a realistic chance of cracking the tank.

When I need to know I’ve got a chance at a 4250+ war enemy I have to go mono. Same for Wednesdays onward in Tournaments.

1 Like

Usually run 3-2 and almost totally abandoned mono.
When i facing a stronger opponent in tournament without the chance to go opposite color of the tank, i usually resolve for a 4-1 where the lone hero is a support one (healer, Hel, Black Knight or yes, Neith)

Mono is really too much linked on the mercy of the boards.

At least a support can give you the time to turn the table, if things goes for the worst.

3 Likes

Still running 2 2 1 and rainbow, very rarely but sometimes 3 2 if there are heavy emblems on a troublesome tank. Them high troops and emblems definitely punishing some mono only players as if the board is bad everyones damage is much higher so much faster wins and losses. I salute you guys as I could never do it. From what I’m seeing from mono players they havent noticed much of a change even though I feel some of the stats are a bit off. It’s easy to go 6 for 6 in a war cherry picking, I cant say it’s always that easy when you are expected to take on all the high teams. 4-2 is my norm 5-1 most other times. If i cherry pick then its 6 for 6 but I want the win so doing what’s necessary to make that happen will always be top priority.

I rarely hit anything under 4350 in our wars. It’s expected for me to hit the strongest teams. Some of us are reaching 4500+ so we are starting to face that as well.

I still find it so interesting players viewpoints are. I look at at 3-2 (or any non-mono) and think, “You guys are amazing. How is it possible you can pull it off?” Then those players look at mono players and think the same thing.

7 Likes

I’m expected to hit the strongest teams as well, so seldom do I get to cherry pick. I’d at least like to try 3–2 one day to have a better perspective, but I simply don’t have the right heroes for that maxed yet, nor the mindset on how to put together a team that doesn’t completely blow. 4* and 3* tournaments force me to run 3–2 since I don’t have the heroes to run mono there, and trying to make that work is infuriating. The damage output of either color just doesn’t seem to cut it and I can’t really plan combos that utilize heroes from both colors since the two are virtually never in sync. Every move I make in those tournaments it feels like I’m wasting my time and accomplishing nothing.

All that being said, I’ve accidentally started a raid with my rainbow farming team a few times and somehow won each time. Makes me wonder if rainbow is actually viable, if I just got incredibly lucky, or if I’m just that good. Need to try that for fun as well at some point.

3 Likes

It’s all luck. Sometimes you have it and sometimes you don’t. You can only manipulate the board for so long before you die

@Rohn I understand why you think this about mono. I have noticed that some emblem tanks are very hard to kill with just 3 or 4 tiles playing mono. If it’s a high def tank I can’t kill them with 4 tiles from 4 5* maxed heros and one 4* hero with 675 attack. Like Black Knight or Yukan? (the green sand hero I forget name) or even Boss Wolf kill me. But then that’s board play some can argue… but how often do you really get a six tile match in the center where the tank is before they use a special?? Maybe all my boards are bad compared to others IF you 90% mono Winners are getting enough tiles? Or you haven’t come across 1050 defensive tanks often enough to know it takes 4 to 5 tiles now to kill them. Or you never fight these hero’s much…?

This is common wisdom, yet people playing any form suffer “bad boards”. I only get about 1 bad board (a board I can’t win on pretty much no matter what) in 12-15 raids.

In raids I’ll go 6/6, 5/6, 6/6, 6/6, 5/6, 6/6, 6/6, 3/6, 5/6 or something similar where one really bad streak sees me lose 3 of 6. Seems to happen once or twice month or so. “Bad RNG days”.

I’m not sure that’s a much worse record than most people running 4/1 or 3/2

If mono was really at the mercy of the board; AND had an 80 percent chance to NOT have tiles, records using mono would be worse.

They’re not.

The above ‘common wisdom detriments’ are offset by the fact that I only need 3 tiles to kill most tanks. 4 at most.

It’s offset by the fact that when my first hero is charged, so are at least two others.

It’s offset by the fact that my tile damage is akin to a special - often mid game a single dragon will kill an enemy w significant health left.

Mono is, in my opinion, the most unfair strategy to my opponent. And I don’t ever want fair fights.

I don’t really avoid anyone in raids except occasionally Ursena as she really is the most punishing (if not also best) tank now when a board isn’t at least halfway good to start. Even still, if someone has 16k iron available or more, I’ll hit any team.

I play mono bc it’s the most direct path for the most wins for me.

5 Likes

I guess mono is really linked even of the kind of heroes a player have.
If you go mono green with Elkanen, Kadilen and Horghall is really different that going with Mother North, Kingston and Evelyn.
Troops too totally change your winning rate.

How your mono team looks like?

2 Likes

seshat+6, kage+5, Kunchin 3/70, sartana+7, seshat 3/70 been in top 100 many times with this team. have beat 4500+ also.
jackal+13, drake+6, viv+4, onatel+2, joon 3/70,drake 3/70, leo 3/70, ranvir 3/70
eve+3, kingston 3/70, peters+8, caedmon+3, alby+6
frida+6, richard+6, ariel+4, arthur 3/70, richard 3/70
gravey+6, marjana 3/70, ares 4/64, azlar 3/70, wilbur+5,gravey+1
troops
blue 4/4, 4/4, 4/4 4/11/ 4/7
green 4/7 4/6 4/8 4/4 3/8
purple 4/5 4/8 4/4 4/10 4/4
red 4/8 4/4 4/4 4/4 3/9
yellow 4/4 4/6 4/11 4/4 3/10

Wait… are you saying team composition and specials + charging speed matter in the game… but mostly to mono teams?

I’m gonna go no way out on a limb here and say that team composition matters to every team.

Horghall + Grazul+ Dom + Justice + Thorne… probably not the best team

I think the issue is that people read “mono” and think the whole benefit derives from five same coloured heroes. Early on - day level 20-30; they try it with really ill-fitting heroes, and while on a good board a mono team can brute-force it’s way through to a win, normally it can’t and people then get the impression that mono is board dependant so they stop trying it.

Where as you can’t often build a good and successful mono diamond team until you’re well well we’ll established with leveled 4 and 5 star heroes (though I was running mono with 5star 3-70s for a long time)

3 Likes

Can we go crazy both and say that both color stacking and hero+special matter and there’s not a single solution for every raid/deck?

C’mon sunshine, make me a smile!

1 Like

I think success is still relative to play style as well. I love both 3-2 and mono because I like variety. Some wars and raids Im mono, some 3-2, whatever I think will get the job done best with a bit of strategy to what heroes can pair well. I get bored running mono all the time and same with 3-2 so I like to switch it up. I have about the same success rate running both honestly. Around 80% to 85%, Id say in raids and easily 5/6 in wars, sometimes 6/6. The funny thing is I started running rainbow in raids lately because I dont care about cups and actually have a pretty good win rate. Especially against Ursena. So who knows. I love reading everyones different play styles though. Just goes to show one team composition isnt necessarily better than another.

Mono is love. Mono is life.
Mono is Proteus of team-picking strategies!

Yeah, we sure can, ‘cause that’s what I’ve been saying for a year now, glitter nips.

2 Likes

I have enjoyed my fair share of mono for months! Its a game changer for growing rosters but once you have heroes who charge up faster or specials which kill reliably. That mono becomes mone (4-1) thats where im at the moment.

Still do mono sometimes in war and raids, if i have to punch someone more than my weight.

I’ve been doing mono for about 2 months now in AW with relatively good success. Last ware I was 4-6, one before that was 6-6, I haven;t been below 4-6 since starting mono. It works well for us as we face more and more mono or 2-colour tanks. 3-2 I am more often 3-6 or 4-6 at best. I tend to run out of heroes for last set of flags.

My preference for raiding is still 3-2 and i still have the best success rate with that compared to mono FOR RAIDING ONLY. I can go mono against a 4400+ team and maybe win, or I can reroll and face a 4200+ team 3-2 and likely win. It all depends in how the boards seem to be going at that time. Also how close I am to filling the chest.

Then again, I never mono on titans, i always have Wu and/or Wilbur in there somewhere. Note no Miki/Tarlak/Ranvir available. I use what I have.

As I get more AM and am able to max more 5* (currently 10 maxed) that may change, but for now that is my evaluation.

2 Likes

My lousy mono blues raiders still blazing thorough the opponents as usual. Or getting whacked in no time.
The only different between now and then was it’s way tougher to recover from a bad board.
Maybe just a placebo effect.

1 Like

Monostacking is like speeding in traffic on a motorcycle with no helmet. Especially if your trying your luck against Ursena with mono yellow

2 Likes