I used to love you

Yes they did. 14 days. A new entry in the EP Book of Records. It was Azmia previously at around 20 days.

funny eh, how many people even had Kalo or Azmia at the time of respective nerf… :sweat_smile: I had neither!

May I ask in all seriousness, if you quit the game, why do you still post here? Is it a nostalgia thing? I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t be here, I guess I’m just curious why since you’re no longer playing, cheers!

2 Likes

Azmia came early to me. I was so thrilled to get her.

I had to try harder for Kalo.

I dare Zynga/SGG to be transparent in their metrics :

1. How many Azmia tanks ?
  2. Where : Raid attack & defence ; War attack & defence
  3. What was the the exact win/loss ratio?
  4. How long was the period observed given that she was nerfed about 20 days post release?

As for Kalo :

1. How many Kalo in wing position ?
  2. Where ? Similar to Azmia
  3. Similar to Azmia
  4. Similar to Azmia except that he was nerfed 14 days post release.

They will of course hide behind their TOS and snicker at us players. Still no compensation for Kalo.

Yeah I also want to know this. How can they make judgments in metrics when these heroes were out for such a short time? How many people had them, much less levelled and emblemed and actually used them on defense?

I’ve been seeing this “he had been only around for a millisecond, they’re lying” argument flying about but consider the massive size of the playerbase + just how much certain people spend on this game.

It’s very probable that around a couple hundred big spenders (at the VERY least; my estimate would be closer to at least a thousand) near-instantly powerleveled at least one copy of Kalo and stuck him on their def team, took him for a whirl on attacks, etc. Because most such spenders are high-ranked, this would produce thousands of battles at a respectable level of play just in a few days. That gives SGG more than enough data to draw valid statistical conclusions.

I am only asking for transparency.

Zynga/SGG are opaque in their dealings. They hide behind a veil of secrecy at all times.

If they want or need to do a fast nerf, being transparent and forthcoming with their findings will only win them trust and support.

1 Like

like with @BlackZed , I am just curious and willing to listen. I am skeptical, but if numbers and evidence are shared I will consider it.

your assumptions do make sense @nemui2580 , I am just curious how many data points they have

1 Like

“Veil of secrecy” is a stretch because SGG has been writing huge blog posts for each nerf recently.

Many people here think SGG communicating more would foster goodwill. This is mixing up cause and effect. In reality, people have recently been rejecting SGG’s increased attempts at communication because SGG has lost goodwill.

This goodwill can’t be restored by adding a few more pieces of data to nerf explainers. Goodwill will only be restored if/when this pattern of hasty releases and harsh nerfs stop.

Sure, if we were granted access to some magical spreadsheet for literally everything in the game, that would be really cool. I’d love that. I’d pore through it. But we’re never going to get that. No big-game studio ANYWHERE does that. It would be incredibly stupid if they did. The average player is neither rational nor data literate. A few crumbs are what the average player deserves, so that’s what everyone gets.

Let’s look at their most recent nerf announcement: “Okay so we released this 4-star but he turned out to be so broken it wasn’t even funny. Here’s a few crumbs of data that show that. Anyway, we went to beta and tested axing him hard but even that wasn’t enough. So we’re gonna have to axe him REALLY hard.” This is a solid, logical post. The problem is that after the fifth time this year, we’re not inclined to buy it.

SGG is being about as transparent and forthcoming as a dev realistically can be. Many, if not most, companies barely explain anything when touching live balance. The problem is that after so many “emergency” nerfs this year, players no longer care at all what SGG has to say (and most people don’t read long things anyway). Words don’t help much when they’re guaranteed be read in bad faith.

Whether SGG will step up in terms of balancing and manage to win back goodwill… I guess time will tell.

1 Like

@sleepyhead

6h4xz3

Let me know if you don’t get it

It would be more believable if SGG’s nerf announcement didn’t contain lies or if they clarified how they derive their timeline.

I don’t just play this game. I play other similar games.

When a nerf or a buff is done, those Dev do explain why, and add compensation for each nerf. They also do not buff heroes before their summon portal opens. They also do not do monthly hero balancing.

You are spot on on the loss of goodwill. They could have done more to restore trust and goodwill since the TV nerf.

1 Like

Interesting theory, I’ve suspected for a long time that is actually a social experiment to see how much crap people are willing to take. It is the only way for me to comprehend some of the decisions being made.

2 Likes

Wasn’t here before except to oppose nerphings. Stopped in to see if they began allowing trades. It is sad to see the money grabbing and poor development has gotten worse.

I play a game that does do monthly balancing, like clockwork. Something is nerfed and/or buffed every patch. Some explanation is usually but not always given, and never any compensation. No one cries foul over it, in fact when something that was clearly OP is nerfed, sometimes in a emergency patch (which just happened a couple of months ago), often a great cry of joy and relief is heard. why no hurt feelings? because while you can pay for things in that game, you don’t have to, and nothing is locked behind a paywall - you can always get exactly what you want, whether with money or the free currency. so if you grind enough, you can get everything in the game. i know, because i have every card in that game.

I could go on and on about it, but i won’t. let’s just say that their player’s good faith in the game and the devs is extremely high. quite the contrast, i must say.

2 Likes

That’s funny yet, true at the time. SG has been making some questionable moves.

It’s speculative, however…
With Legendary’s the max’d and blemmed defense appearances…2 hours after release are confined to the… extremely skilled players :money_mouth_face:
Less than 1%…?

3 weeks later, the moderately $killed players start catching up.
After a couple months there are those who were waiting for mats, hopping on the band wagon.

So even though it is speculation…
us old-timers still have history,
with Telly, saturations formed towards the end of the first month. You can see this graph with your eyes closed! It looks like a bell curve. Where you …should… prefer something not so steep. Should goes right out the window, here in the forum, with imbalance defenders galore…

Now replace that legendary with a 4*
No need for mats…
Nearly half the feeders
Less emblems
Less everything!
And availability on a massive scale. More so than a hotm.

Now close your eyes and picture that graph…!
A huge spike right out of the gate.
Within hours…
Now overlay that graph with Jabbar or Griffin.
I doubt they were lying.

So then blast beta next, right…? Except they had folks saying it was fine. Disagreements there are no different than here. Same with the quiet :zipper_mouth_face: beta players who are using it for gain and care nothing for balance.

So now blast SG, For ignoring the 6 people who were throwing flags.
:point_up_2:play that one out…!
If they cater to this argument, then the next portal will have junk. So will the one after.
Not only do investors start pulling out
So do players, and the nerf threads get replaced with buff complaints.
And the new players can not… “catch up” so the population nose dives.

The solution is a time machine.
Go back and slow the creep
Go back and rethink:

Go back and keep costumes inside the chamber…

Or… a complete reboot…

These topics are just getting warmed-up…
And it’s pretty fun watching it from the bleachers
:partying_face:

2 Likes

How does this compare to this game then ?

Does your other game buff the “next summon portal” heroes like they do here ? Some even received two buffs before they had to be nerfed. What about nerfing heroes to oblivion like Tell n Vela ?

Are we talking apples with apples then ?

I play other games where I can grind for game currency. In one game I even hoarded enough game tokens to do a 100x summon if I wanted to. In another game, I comfortably save enough for a 20x gem summon without much effort.

So those games are more player friendly. This game is not as player friendly. What’s your point ?

That this game Dev is playing fair by us? That they did good by us ? That we should accept what they shovel out to us ?

We are talking about this game.

Um… that was my point? :man_shrugging:

I didn’t suggest any of those things, almost the opposite. I was drawing a contrast between regular balancing in that other game and player ‘good faith’ in the game (good, everyone happy) and how it goes in this game (poorly, everyone seems to be mad, poor faith in devs). definitely a big part of that is the ‘non-gacha’ aspect of that game’s ‘game economy’. i guarantee you that nobody in that other game has ever once felt like their money was stolen or some kind of bait and switch occurred.

In some way, though, these recent ‘adjustments’ makes me wonder if SG is trying to get people used to the idea of monthly balance patches. there are many games that do actually do that.

at any rate, none of it in this game really affects me much since i don’t have any of the heroes that have been nerfed recently, and i have spent what i feel is an extremely reasonable amount on this game and i am still able to enjoy it for what it is and what i do have in the game. i get that other people’s feelings on this matter may be quite different from my own. it’s pretty clear from the forum activity in the last couple of days.

2 Likes

Yes. I get that. Even my fluffy games get monthly updates. Fix this incentive reward. Remove that incentive reward. Replace with another incentive quest. No one complains cos it more or less comes back to the same “balance”, just in a different way.

This game already has monthly updates. Version this and that. And every version comes with bug fixes.

There were balance updates in the past. Tweaks here and there. Major enough. But they weren’t monthly.

Right now the monthly balance updates deal more with buffing the newer heroes in an upcoming summon portal, rather than tweaks here and there.

If this is SGG’s way of getting us used to monthly balance updates, they started off on the wrong foot.

Play your other game more. You definitely enjoy it more.

They should just go ahead and put “Hero Balance” on the monthly calendar.

1 Like