I tried, friends

Haven’t been here for long at all, but as an associate social worker, this pings red flags for me.

Please, please take care of yourself, and call your local suicide hotline if you need to. There are people in the world who will listen to you, and care for you, if you give an opening.

Take care of yourself, and come back when things are better, even if it’s just to say ‘Hi, I’m better, and going to stay away to keep it better.’

19 Likes

Was a pleasure.
Take care dude.

9 Likes

Erm @TGW you will never see me cringing or rolling my eyes at your posts.
You always say it as it is … and for me that’s all good. So you stay put lol

13 Likes

From my point of view, I always considered you as being “part of the inner circle”, someone you are happy about when he likes your comment :slight_smile:

Of course, I have no clue about your problems in real life. All I can say is, I wish you all the best to get them fixed. If you feel depressed or anything, I hope brighter days are waiting for you in future… and you’re not alone. Tbh, being active here in the forum is also sometimes a distraction for me not to think of things that are a burden to me from time to time.

Again, all the best for you! And I, as well as many others here I’m sure, will always be happy to see you around here again. :green_heart:

Edit: Just saw your tags, which confirmed the way I read your post, but wasn’t too sure before. Seriously, consider TGWs offer or CyInthias advise, find someone you can talk to… either in your personal life or online. Sometimes it might be even easier to open your heart to someone you don’t know in person, who is not connected to your social network. I am a complete stranger to you, but I’d also offer to just listen to you if you feel like… just let me know. Take care!

19 Likes

Thank you for that :grin:
But that is the reality, not everyone appreciates me around here, and that’s okay.

My point was to @Mothra
That he is more welcome here than I am. I don’t know why he would think otherwise.

I’m sticking around out of stubbornness, even if some people aren’t exactly fond of me.

Truth be told? I didn’t even think @Mothra liked me. But I like him. And I realized that he feels the same way I do sometimes. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the forum likes @Mothra more than they like @TGW . And that’s okay.

DON’T ARGUE WITH ME, DAMMIT. Y’all can stop pretending to like me, because this isn’t about me. @Mothra is a good guy and he belongs here. Don’t worry about me, I’ll probably still come around and bug you guys regardless of whether you want me here or not. :laughing: Just everybody show some love to @Mothra please, let him know that he is always welcome here.

And he’s always welcome to talk to me in the other private thread as well, if he so chooses

12 Likes

@Mothra if I or any of the moderators or Small Giant Staff can do anything, please PM us by flagging your own post with the “Something Else” option, or reply to one of the earlier PMs we had with you.

I hope you’re taking care of yourself, and have support. And I respect you taking a temporary or permanent break from the Forum if that’s what you need.

Given the tags you used on this post, I also want to remind all Forum members of these threads:

28 Likes

Honestly, there are threads around here I try to never visit, because when I do I end up getting flagged or starting a fight. Or both. Not worth it. Some people don’t want a real discussion, just wanna spew poison… eff 'em. Hang out where you enjoy it and ignore the rest.

Listen to the fans, not the critics :wink:

17 Likes

Hate to see you go if you must. There is a lot of negativity around here sometimes, but the positives still outweigh it for the most part. I appreciate your contributions to this forum and your willingness to try and help folks as best you can. Its unfortunate what some of the conversations degenerate into, no matter what anyone tries to do. Best wishes. If you need to talk, there are plenty of good folks around here that be happy to help. Best wishes whatever you decide.

12 Likes

@Mothra

Available via Line for any private communication. Line ID: cja099
I was just sharing with someone that I’m going through a dark time right now as well and I’ve been quieter on the forums due to the same thing.

I hope you get rest from the forum if that’s what you feel is best for your mental health and sanity in the current global climate. But if you need an ear to just listen there are quite a few forum goers who are willing.

I also would encourage professional help if it is feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders and it feels like you can’t get it off no matter what you do.

I do therapy and counseling intermittently because I need that for my personal mental health. So from one person to another I want to encourage any conversations you want to have with those resources that it will be beneficial and they are present for you. Do not feel you’re eating up the time or resources from someone who needs help more than you, that’s a lie our minds some times tells ourselves to keep from getting the help we need.

Praying.

Edit: Liking posts not because I approve or enjoy the content but rather to show support for your need.

19 Likes

What did I miss? :frowning_face:.
I’ve come to think of you @Mothra as a forum buddy. Typically in the AtoZ or counting threads, it’s always fun, beating the mods. But I’m lost for words at your post :cry:.

These are strange times, and im hoping some semblance of normality kicks in soon. In whatever endeavour you pursue i wish you tons of success. :hugs:.

@TGW - Never! There’s only 109 regulars :wink:

17 Likes

One of my favourite forum buddies. Please take care, take a break and reach out when you’re ready.

10 Likes

Yep, they’ve tried to do that to me too. Little bullies.

2 Likes

I know you’re probably not exactly a big fan of mine, but I’ve been through a lot of dark times myself, and I’m always willing to chat with anyone who just wants to get stuff off their chest.

I don’t have Line, but the mods here are awesome, they have the ability to open up private channels.

A thousand apologies @Guvnor @JonahTheBard @zephyr1 @Rook @littleKAF etc.
but I happen to believe that real life issues take precedence over anything in-game. My intention is not to break any forum rules here.

And also full disclosure: I’m not a licensed therapist / counselor / psychiatrist / etc. (though I’ve seriously considered going into one of those fields because of my own experiences). Typically I’m on the client side of those situations. Just that I’ve been there, done that, several times, came out alive on the other side. If there’s anything I can say that can possibly help anyone, I’m more than happy to.

And no, that’s not a troll offer. Not asking for or expecting anything at all in return, and contrary to popular opinion, I actually am a generally nice guy. Why would I want to try to help total strangers who are going through depression? Um… maybe because I’ve gone through it myself? And part of the reason I’m still here annoying you all today is because other strangers reached out to me during my dark times, and maybe I want to pay that forward.

10 Likes

Shame! Your cool!
■■■■ the haters hopefully see you back here one day :beer::+1:

9 Likes

Yeah, and I’m technically not one of them.

By regulars, I meant people who regularly lurk and occasionally post. There’s a lot more than 109 of them. :wink:

6 Likes

I enjoy your posts (we don’t have to agree for someone to enjoy posts) and enjoy your presence on the forum. Sorry if you’ve misconstrued anything I’ve said to make you feel otherwise. Thanks for offer I appreciate your availability.

8 Likes

Wth…you gotta be :poop: in me

What did i miss???

@Mothra ???

6 Likes

Oh man you were one of my forum friends. And I don’t have many. Seriously hope you get through it. Sometimes you gotta be Andy Dufresne and crawl through a mile of s@&$. Do what you feel is best and be safe

10 Likes

I know that I don’t know you [personally], but I can relate to those sort of feelings, as well. So even though I can’t say anything to make it seem any better, I just want you to know that you’re not alone. Although this forum can have it’s flaws, and it can seem like there’s negativity in a lot of places, there are some amazing people here too - some of the very best - that make up for a lot of that. So I don’t doubt that if you were to reach out, someone would answer (including even myself - and I’m a total loner-introverted recluse, so this is totally out of character for me lol, but I get it, and can relate to that feeling, so I would definitely answer)

Regardless, I just hope you know that you’ve got people here to turn to, and that clearly care. So if nothing else, we’re [all] here if you need anything :purple_heart::blue_heart:

16 Likes

Don’t let Godzilla get the best of you. That big ol’ lizard ain’t got nothing on you! :slight_smile:

7 Likes