I strongly dislike merged topics

I’m okay with merging for the most part, but my biggest issue is merging different heroes together. I really don’t want wonderland or any other calendar event heroes grouped together. For example, Hatter having his own thread compared to Alice is very appropriate. Anyone that pulled Alice probably could care less about QoH or hatter or cat discussions.

1 Like

I think its a learning experience for the moderators. I like having things neat and tidy and multiple threads about some topics - like a known topic about an obvious bug, etc., are tedious and drown out other topics.

I agree that topics about individual heroes are more helpful. I rarely get fancy five stars so I read a lot about vanilla heroes and their comparisons.

I’m sure it’s not an easy task for the moderators. I’m a speed reader and even I have a hard time slogging through some of those extra-long posts, not to mention threads with 400+ responses.

I try to find threads that match my question and I find I’m often reviving very outdated, long threads.

A clean up of some them would be helpful … maintaining any players guides within them, please.

1 Like

When you find outdated threads, you can tag moderators so we can close them and add a note that they’re outdated. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It wouldn’t be a terrible idea to have a discussion category specifically for events.

It would also be great to install a neural implant in every user that prevents them from ever typing the sentiment about how “they don’t get enough value for their dollar” maybe a little electrical zap now and then as they think about it.

these ideas (one plausible, the other never going to happen) could help clean up the threads.

But, in all seriousness, it feels like most of the new threads express some form of discontent over their draws, gems-to-hero conversion or some such thing. Those, I feel, are far more dangerously annoying than the merged threads for wonderland hero discussion.

Idea: Create a topic called “Black Hole: The Place for Gatcha understanding” and merge ALL of those complaints into it. barring that…

shrugs
walks away, whistling
No idea what I’m doing here

1 Like

Cross posting for future reference:

Absolutely agree. It’s ridiculous what moderators doing here.

Please merge :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I strongly like merged topics. It’s already hard enough to find the threads I’m looking for without having a separate one for each rant, vent, or unoriginal idea!

3 Likes

Not that many do get merged more obvious ones do, but on said hero that I’ll look at if I pull there alot of topics on them good bad should I give mats to etc
The search engine isn’t always as you think aswell as certain words aren’t used when you look sometimes have to think in e&p language which some people included me still getting to tasks with. The fourm is another language all on its own.

2 Likes

I think it would be much easier to track large threads if those could be seen in a nested view.

Currently a given comment allows opening its associated responses, but responses to responses are not easily visible and you are forced to scroll to the “main instance” of the response.

Two more related issues:

1. The same comment often appears twice: Once as response and once as a “main instance”. This clutters the thread. I would prefer a comment to appear only once, typically only as a response.
  2. Sometimes a comment appears only as a “main instance” and not as a response. I think it happens for example if the response came immediately after the comment it responds to. Anyway this feature further makes following the thread cumbersome. I would prefer a response to always appear as a response.

@CarryAll your feedback would be useful for the makers of the Forum software, which is called Discourse.

Feel free to share it on their feedback Forum:

Neither the moderators nor Small Giant have any control over implementing new Forum software features, unless there’s an existing plugin that can be utilized.

3 Likes

Whether I strongly like or dislike merged topics is directly related to:

a. whether the merged topic is mine :laughing: :crazy_face:

b. the definition of ‘similar’ threads (probably this point is the bane of all mods’ existence - how to tell if a thread is sufficiently different)

1 Like