I strongly dislike merged topics

What’s Next?

So far, no one has really suggested anything that I personally disagree with.

(Obviously none of this is up to me personally, SG makes decisions on Forum Rules, there are multiple moderators, any forum Regular can help with posts titles/categories, and anyone in this thread who creates a topic can help make it clear in the title and top post what it is.)

That said, my main takeaways (which, again, I agree with all of):

• Merge clear duplicates, leave separate topics alone

• Don’t merge existing conversations into other ones, only single duplicates or a quick response or two

• Everyone prefers shorter threads on narrower topics (me too!)

• Titles that indicate what the thread is about are useful

• When there’s a thread that’s grown large organically, it can be useful to start a new one (e.g. pre-release Wonderland heroes vs. post-release)

• It’d be nice to have at least one thread about each hero

• When a thread is merged, seeing the closed one listed is annoying (this is fixable going forward)

• Real complaints should never be put into the Ridiculous Complaints Thread (they’re not, just reiterating that)

• As a reader, use your Likes, and the summarize button

• SG should perhaps consider more specific topic categories for the forum, so threads can stay separate while still not being a jumbled mess

• Common topics that people are looking for could be well served by clear guide topics that pointed people in the right direction

I read back through the whole thread to synopsize.

Did I miss anything?

9 Likes