I stopped spending gems and today I realized why and it's kinda silly

When I started playing the game I could not wait till I reached my 300 gems to roll a hero. Bought a few of those sweet special deals too. Now I realized I’m sitting on over 500 gems and 5 hero tokens and I… don’t wanna use them.

I mean I DO, but I also don’t. And that’s because as they lay around the way they do, they hold a promise and a mystery. They can give me a cool 5* hero, or some garbage I don’t need. They’re Shroedinger’s heroes, both great and horrible for now.

The moment I roll them and get a 3*/4* I’m gonna sigh and be like “meh, okay, next, enough garbage rolls gotta warrant me a 5*”.

And then the moment I roll them and get Leonidas I’m gonna bemoan: “WHY OH WHY THIS COULD’VE BEEN JOON LIANNA VIVICA WHY DID YOU USE MY 5* LUCK ON THIS…THIS… THISSS?”

And then I’m gonna be salty.

And come here and make a thread (or find existing one and necro it like a boss) crying about how Leonidas (or any other 5* hero that’s bad, sorry Leo for picking you as the poster boy of heroes I find bad) sucks.

And I just… I prefer the sight of my shiny tokens glittering with promise and limitless potential. This way I need nothing, I want for nothing. I face no disappointment, I don’t have to look into the mocking eyes of the one who took the place of the one who could’ve been here in my roster instead.

I guess my Elkanen-born bitterness has turned me into a Token Hamster with a side of Gollum.

Just stuff 'em in my cheeks and go MWY PWESHHIOUSH…

#cough#andwriteapointlesspostanywaycauseishouldbeworkingandidontwanna#cough#

19 Likes

There is no incentive to buy gems i have bought many with my other account and the odd of getting anything good is the same as someone who doesnt spend money. There is no value for money

4 Likes

Of course you get the same odds. Paying for gems just gives you more opportunities to roll the dice.

To the OP, I get what you are saying. I’m currently sitting on almost 1200 gems that I partially purchased. No idea when I will use them but I enjoy thinking of all the possibilities. Ooo yes I’ll most definitely get that Joon and HOTM. XD

2 Likes

I lost all hope of summons where i have gems ready or not i am over the
disappointment of 3* characters

2 Likes

As i said im not the only one the only difference with me is this is just a
game and if theres no enjoyment in playing it. There is no incentive for me
to continue playing.

3 Likes

I have spoke to you about this prior and it hasn’t made any difference to
the enjoyment of this game and i only mention it again because people in my
alliance have made another mention of this issue and are disappointed too.

1 Like

i often feel the same way. i’m sitting on about 20 of the basic tokens. i usually get crappy 1* troops anyway, so i don’t try. maybe once i hit 30 i’ll just use them all, knowing that they’ll be worthless anyway.

They were fun when I used to think they have a chance of giving any hero :smiley: Then I learned they don’t so I just click them when I get them not really checking what I got, it’s all just food anyway.

You do get a chance at any hero minus event heros and heros of the month.

I think she means she thought basic tokens gave chances for 4* or 5*. Which we know they don’t.

I agree, they would definitely be more exciting if it even had the tiniest chance for more than 3*

3 Likes

Aye, that’s what I meant :slight_smile: Sorry for being non-specific.

And ye that’s what I thought they did. A tiny chance to spawn a 4* troop or 4*/5* hero :slight_smile:

Took me I think two months to realize I’d been duped :smiley: Not the sharpest tool in the shed…

I loved your Schrödinger’s riff :smile:

1 Like

I also frustrated with gems…when started would get a great hero…now just get repeats…both w gems and daily summons and cannot get anything better than 2*… then go on raids and everyon5 has 4 or 5 * heros levelles to max and player has lower level score…losing enjoyment

1 Like

Uhhh? What do you spend your gems on? You only get 2* with daily summon, if you save up your gems to 300 and do an elemental or epic summon, you get 3* or better.

Daily summon can give a 3*

For me, I save my gems for 10 troop pulls. Guaranteed I need all of them as troops take a lot of feeding. Not as high as a reward if I were to pull a 5* hero but a much higher low end reward imo

I use my gems to speed up wanted chests. My comment was a reply to @Kerric (it doesn’t show sometimes that I replied to someone), who said he gets 2* from his saved gems. And I think he must be doing daily summons with his gems, because epic or elemental only gives 3* or better.

I use gems now to speed up building to get to SH & TC 20.

I prefer saving gems to 1500 and spending them on special elemental features. They give you 3 epic tokens, few 3* heroes, 3* troops and trainer heroes. Everything of the same element.

1 Like

I think those are a good value and a good way to split the difference between elemntal draws and hero draws, especially as you can choose your color