I really think this should be changed - Atlantis portal description

Afternoon all,

Just a reminder of a snippet of the forum rules:

“Remember that you are responsible for how you express yourself. We ask that everybody keeps the conversation constructive and civilised.”

@rigs I have PM’d you to discuss the flagging process.

1 Like

Have they? To my knowledge, the odds of getting 3* and 4* heroes have not changed since the game began. I could be wrong, but I certainly don’t recall seeing any announcements to that effect.

Agreed.

You might be right about this. I suspect SG are addressing this possibility by introducing a steady stream of new heroes - Atlantis, event and HOTM. If they ever do see revenue drop off, adding a couple of new heroes to the mix might well solve the problem.

I’m not particularly into flagging, myself (except in exceptional circumstances), but as someone who has been flagged from time to time perhaps I can offer you some advice.

Don’t impugn people’s motives. If you announce that someone is acting out of greed or jealousy or mendacity then you are ascribing malign motives to them. It doesn’t really matter if it’s the devs you are discussing, or a random player - you have turned into Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, and you will probably be flagged. Deservedly.

1 Like

You just gotta praise Sg in every post

As soon as brobb called them sexist (lol) on that SJW post he was getting flagged left and right

I think the only change is an increase in the odds of getting s.2 Heroes in the Atlantis summons, as opposed to s.1

There was a significant amount of forum traffic in the matter, so there may be a correlation.

2 Likes

Good ways to avoid flagging are:

• not discussing flagging, because it’s off topic and SG don’t discuss disciplinary decisions on the forum.

• adding constructive comments to the discussion. There is no ban on dissent, but try to add a positive solution to the problem you raise :+1:

And I’m well aware that my post is in danger of violating my own advice!

The OP is a discussion of whether the Atlantis odds as shown justify the claim of an ‘increased chance’, I believe :relaxed:

1 Like

Two (blindingly obvious) points of order.

1. I certainly have never suggested SG is sexist, and so
  2. I have not been “flagged left and right” as a consequence.

I have been flagged many, many times in the past, usually for doing things like pointing out how obvious it is that boards are random, suggesting ascension item drop rates are perfectly adequate, and noting that the game is certainly not P2W.

Should we take as a lesson than a good way to get flagged is to argue that boards are random, ascension item drop rates are adequate and the game is not P2W? Perhaps. I can think of better lessons.

From what I’ve read the post bellow you should get flagged

Yes, they increase odds for season two 3* heroes versus season 1 because of a request of many players. It was something in the middle of “getting rid of them totally” and do anything, so i’m happy that people ask and they listen, same as i hope we ask here and they listen again.

The “increased chance of having season 2 heroes” was up even before they show the odds about summoning, so now we have real numbers to judge and what i was fear shows up.
“Increased” it may means for them anything between double the chance or 0,1% more.

And sorry but i can’t consider 0,1% more as an increased chance, at least not a tangible ones.

And this coming from someone that has NOT spent anything on that portal yet.

Of course if Small Giant could not change anything it would be happier, there’s more to earn like this and if people keep spending no matter what… Why change?

It is us who should ask for this change to make to our own a favor.

1 Like

I think your comments are broadly fair, but don’t undersell the difference between 1.2% and 1.3%. That’s an absolute difference of 0.1%, but in relative terms it means that a player is 8% more likely to get a 5* hero from season 2 than a 5* hero from season 1. Not to be sniffed at.

1 Like

I like long titles, let’s people skip my more technical posts but still find my Primer posts.

You would be surprised how long a forum title can be Example :

1 Like

I guess i lost myself trying to figure out where it coming that 8%.

Not sarcastic, explain to me for real =c=

1.3/1.2=1.08, which is to say that a 1.3% chance is 8% better than a 1.2% chance.

Another way to think about it: on the great/terrible/imaginary day when 6* heroes proliferate, let’s say the chance of a 6* hero from season 1 is 0.1% and the chance of. 6* hero from season 2 is 0.2%. The absolute difference is still only 0.1%, but you would be twice as likely to pull a 6* hero from season 2 as from season 1.

2 Likes

Ok, now i get it.
While it may be mathematically correct, it seems a very optimistic way to see this thing :joy:

1 Like

I can’t fight my nature. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Agreed, but this is all hypothetical because the increased chance at S2 heroes only affected 3* and 4* heroes. The chance of a S2 5* hero did not increase.

I haven’t seen the screenshot concerned (and it probably wouldn’t help me much - my Italian is rudimentary at best), but I think the original complaint was that the Atlantis Portal wording described season 2 heroes as having “an increased chance to appear”, compared to season 1 heroes.

So I don’t think the complaint is about the update notes saying that the odds have changed, but rather about the portal notes saying that season 2 heroes have a better chance of being summoned than season 1 heroes.

(I might be wrong about this, as always.)

Nope, it is exactly the reason of this topic.
Many good posts pop up about this, especially the 2,5% totally chance of catching a legendary hero (1,2% plus 1,3%) that i admit not notice at first.
It seems for them that’s an appropriate chance for “the best price” and it seems a kind of limit to not exceed.

I’m fine with it, but i hope the difference between regular and features legendary could be more wide, even “sacrificing” odds for regular and make them worse of the other portals.

I guess all of us would be glad to see that.

I’m sorry: I don’t think you have clarified things. Was your original complaint either that:

1. The portal text said that season 2 heroes have an “increased chance to appear” compared to season 2 heroes, or

2. That update text said that the season 2 heroes had an “increased chance to appear” since the update?

Why not post a screenshot? I’ll try to polish up my awful Italian.

Actually the first, as the second (the update) touch only 3* heroes, which is a good thing because decreased the chance to get your 27th Dawa for an increased price, but don’t change at all odds for legendary heroes (which is my complain).

The “increased chance of season 2 heroes” was always been there since beta, the only thing changed is that before we don’t have the odds so we don’t know how much was that “increased chance”

Now that i know, that “increased chance” is true but holds a very poor meaning (talking only about legendary)

1 Like

If you want to get very legalistic about it, every other Summons has a zero percent chance of pulling an Atlantis hero, so the odds of pulling one in the Atlantis portal are infinitely higher.:face_with_monocle:

But like you, I’d prefer to see a stronger tilt at every rarity level towards S2. I’m making Atlantis pulls to get Atlantis heroes, thank you very much.

3 Likes