I pulled Cleaver today

I had 3 free pulls saved. 2nd one pops up Cleaver! Wow! Excited! I’m sitting on tons of red mats and aethers, have over 1500 emblems, great! What luck!

Start reading through his stats… ok this seems a little underwhelming, kind of mediocre, but idk maybe this guy is situationally good?

Head to forums… wow this guy has a massive nerf incoming and he didn’t look very good to begin with. This game makes no sense. Why would anyone pay the huge price to pull from this portal?

3 Likes

Congrats on your second pull, hopefully he won’t be nerf’d, keep the faith

3 Likes

A lot depends on your own roster, some may view him as a solid hero but I find very little use for mine. I recently stripped his emblems as I couldnt find a good fit for him and feel for those that use him regularly with this incoming unjust nerf.

Congratulations!
Got mine from his debut, he is @3/70 and I use do use him during MI and occasionally in other events. Those fast fiends are a menace in bloody battles.
I suggest you take him to 3/70 and play for a bit… then decide. After all one mans trash is another’s treasure.

3 Likes

He’s a good support hero. Dmg is really a secondary effect, but the fiends cripple healing, and most importantly, his huge attack ailment can save your a$$ from the brutal hitters.

As Atch said, if you’re a whaleish Type of guy, you won’t get much use of him, because he doesn’t deal 1000% dmg on VF Mana. But if you’re an ‘ordinary’ player, he could be really helpful.

2 Likes

Hopefully he doesn’t end up on the nerph chopping block.

1 Like

So i think my point here is i pulled a hero that was released 8 months ago in an expensive portal and i was thrilled because i assumed he’d be good, but he is mediocre and his fiends are slated to be nerfed in half without any sort of other changes to make him good. Like if people arent using him to begin with and Zygna is hitting him with a nerf why not simultaneously buff him in some way to make him at least somewhat attractive, like up his damage or make him very fast or both.

This means I’ll just continue saving mats and hope i pull a 2x costume red classic hero from the costume chamber pulls or something else that i wont regret ascending.

1 Like

I understand your point and frustration! I also pulled him this morning and while I’m a “regular” player I was disappointed because of the potential impending nerf and his potential limited use. At first glance I’m not sure I have the ideal heroes to pair him with. So…totally get it. That being said, hopefully it will eventually shake out in our favor and we will be singing a different tune! :slightly_smiling_face: For now I am not going to worry about leveling him until well after any future balance changes go live.

2 Likes

Would love to have him, his is great offensive support, able to stiffle enemy dmg a bunch!

Congrats!

2 Likes

I pulled Exeera way back when she was featured the first time along with Xnolphold and she is the worst 5* in a game.
So, what’s your point again?

He doesn’t have aa massive nerf coming, in fact hiis direct damage goes up to 130. Only his miinions are being slightly nerfed. Also, every time a new hero is released, mmany react negatively cause it’s not what they wanted. Test hiim and come to your own conclusion. Ive pulled him recently and he fits well in my roster - as far as i can see. Good luck!

Try him on massive minions enemies and minions war, then tell me your finding

1 Like