I paid all that money and couldn't win the game!

Fine, we can all judge. I agree with you on some things, but in this case I judge you for judging.

A lot of people would probably disagree with and judge you for the way you spend your money. That is one of the things about being human - we all get our enjoyment in different ways, and we all value things differently. Assuming spending 10K over 3 years on some sort of entertainment brought the person happiness then I would say it is money well spent, regardless of the medium that took. However the fact that it has not brought him happiness is a problem. But that could be said of any way that you spent money, be it a game or holidays or restoring a classic car

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. The moment I thought that the way I play and the skils I grow had less of an impact than the board configuration I would leave the game. I guess a game to me has to include a core of developing and progressing, both in terms of chosen hero(es) as well as my own skills in utilsing those hero(es). That is why I don’t like those idle tap games where you basically just watch stuff happen without any influence on the game.

I do know that some games end up unwinnable. However, the vast majority don’t fall into that category, provided you match up your own hereos and the opposing heroes well. I won 24 raids in a row yesterday. I then dropped back to something like a 75% win rate. I know for a fact that I didn’t have 24 uber-boards that carried me through. And I also know for a fact that all of the my losses bar one didn’t come down to boards but could be traced directly to errors in judgment or poor board moves on my part.

I won’t try to convince you otherwise as you seem pretty set in your belief in this. I know that I have improved in this game, and continue to improve, beyond just the growth of my roster

4 Likes

I wish I could believe you. Really. But I think the truth is that we blind ourselves repeatedly about what this game is and what it was designed for. Recently I saw an quite old post. The user (CRX1701) linked 2 videos from a gaming conference. I will recapture them for you:

The truth is much more sad I fear. Just look at the first one and then look what you can find in E&P. Not a result of whales gambling huge amounts of money. This game was designed for “whaling” like addressed in the first talk and it was designed like that from the very beginning. I fear there are no romantic devs, which wanted to create a good game for themselves and interested players. No arguments like “they have to feed their families as well, this is why paying is okay”. It all comes together to one single point.

We are manipulated on every corner of this game. They milk us like cows. This is also why I am FTP. I simply cant have positive emotions with such people. And to see that they manage to drain 10k $ from single players with this makes me really sad. In this sense good luck for the OP. Maybe he reads this and maybe he learns…

6 Likes

He’s been doing it all wrong.

I’ve invested my $10,000 down wishing wells and now I have all the luck I’d ever need.

Never get the $10,000 back though it’s usually my number 1 wish. A bit weird.

But such is life huh!

Back to reality though…it did make me laugh reading the OP so thanks for that at least

2 Likes

Sorry, but when a poster boasts about how much they spent and then rants away with no evidence, crying and stamping their feet, sorry they deserve to be roasted. No sympathy, just makes me want to sit back an laugh.

OP has the wrong impression of the game… there is no “winning” at this game. You can finish Seasons, you can complete quests, events and challenges and you can even get victories in Raids and wars… Defeat some titans and if you’re really good, lucky and have a good roster you may even get to #1 in the world with cups for a few minutes… but there is no Winning… Winning implies there is a finish/end of the game, which this game does not have. You invested $10,000 in a game for entertainment, fun and for a variety of heroes to do what “play” a game.

1 Like

People still do not understand that we will not recuperate anything that we put in this game. All the money that we spend here stays with SG, we cannot take our heroes with us when we decide to leave, we cannot recuperate all the time invested, it is just a game and if you enjoy it and it is a way to pass your time it is cool. If someone spend thousands of dollars to RENT a HERO it will be their decision but this not guarantee a win, it all depends on the boards and yes as it has been said luck. I have taken down full level teams with emblems and strong troops with partially level teams and barely level troops just because I got a good board.

I think it is safe to say, without a doubt, 95% of the planet’s population, more perhaps, would consider 10.000 k USD as being a large amount of money. Also, just about the same world wide percentage would consider spending this money on one video game as plain stupid. So, yeah, let those who don’t agree on the matter judge me, no problem.

Don’t fool yourself, skill has nothing to do with that. In a random generated envoirment, skills are the least important part. You just brought the right heroes for the right tiles, nothing more. That takes KNOWLEDGE and LUCK. As long as you call these skills, yeah, you’re a “skilled” player. I’ve been playing this game for three years, every day, now and I do think of my self as being experienced and usually knowing what the best course of action is in a given situation. But I see no skills what so ever involved in a match three game.

2 Likes

Well the application of knowledge require skill.

So yes, the game has luck but as they say “luck favours the prepared”

What skill, exactly? Dragging a tile one step to the right? It’s not like you’re fixing an engine… unlike E&P, that takes knowledge and skill…

1 Like

Building a team requires knowledge of the heroes and what they do. So building the right teams that synergise well requires the application of that knowledge.

Applying knowledge in the correct way is a skill.

The game starts before we’ve even seen a board after all

4 Likes

Well this is it he wants us to know 10k was spent and then has a BF about it .

what kind of response was he expecting from everyone lol.

Just plz don’t say it was in the last year or 2 lol.

Absolutely right! And there´s no defense against a mono team lucky board

…requires owning the needed heroes in the first place. 99.5% of the experienced players would be able to build a right team, given access to all available heroes and troops. No big deal. So please, stop telling me about building a team. Makes me laugh every time and I’ve just had a maxilo-facial intervention, it hurts…

By the way, these last month, I’ve been far too lazy to switch my raiding team, so I use the same team in all situations.Well, guess what? I still win and lose just as much as before, when I used different teams in different situations. Nothing changed.

1 Like

Dude, if you don’t understand picking the right heroes and using skill to raid help you win raids, much like the OP you will never “win the game”. Amazing, everyone can hold a baseball bat…it takes no skill to be a professional baseball player.

1 Like

“Dude”, I understand picking the right heroes is vital in E&P, I just don’t see that as a skill. And I really hope you’re not comparing the skill required to swing at a curved ball with that required to push tiles… Know any professional E&P players, by the way? Except for those playing for the home (to be read SG) team? Cause, usually professionals make money from their skills, not pay to use them. I say again, in case you missed it. Moving tiles on a board is not a skill. It’s a ■■■■■■■■■ cell game, don’t make it sound more important than it is… It takes about the same amount of skill as playing candy crush… if you think different, you’re getting drunk on cold wather. Every functional brain owner playing E&P will eventually figure it out and get the hang of it. I wouldn’t go as far as calling that a “skill”.

• What are your skills?
  • I move tiles around.
  • Are you a in interior design?
  • No, I play E&P…
  • … Come again please?!
5 Likes

People who spend big on a mobile app are generally rich.
And rich people expect to get what they want as long as they can pay.

It comes from a long, long time ago.

Ian… while I generally like your point of view and mostly agree with it I would like to ask you to tone it down a little bit: you know, just to keep reading you :wink:

Unless there is an underlying problem, one of those the lockdowns might have harshened.
Not everybody is just a temperamental kid, some people did, at some point if their life, lose their temper. Plus an a.
Mental health is an issue and, although I’m not saying it’s the OP’s case, assuming it’s not is unacceptable.

I generally like having discussons, but when they become more abrasive I back off, it’s not worth the frustration. We are leasing heroes with no possibility to own them. I’m glad the OP realized he went overboard in his spending and is deleting the app.

3 Likes

I find this topic interesting as I’ve spent a few bucks on here. I’ve got a decent roster of heroes that I’ve accumulated over the 2+ years I’ve been playing. Here’s a link.

But I’ve learnt how to play better over the years. Very rarely I lose a fight in RAIDS as I’ve got a nice roster to choose from. OK. The next morning I’m back down by a few trophies, I just start over and keep winning. Now, there is the odd time that I will get a really bad board, but I can’t win them all.

Now, on to what I wanted to say, I keep track of my spending in real life, less on this game as I only use points from my credit card or from other royalty cards that I use a lot. I get Google gift cards with them. Usually around $50 a month. Sometimes more if I buy movies too. The one thing I did notice in my spending was in alcohol. I keep track of alcohol spending from the grocery stores and Liquor commissions. In 2019, I spent over $6000.00, and this is not including all the alcohol I had when I went to eat in restaurants. 2020 was a milestone at over $10k but I have to say, I went a lot less to the restaurants due to Covid restraints. This year seems to be going up there also as I’m at 4k+ already.

What I’m getting at, is that I didn’t get anything out of spending that money except for a fatty liver, a beer belly and the most important, relaxation. Alcohol gives you nothing for substance, it’s only an indulgence. Same a E&P, an indulgence. But playing the game is relaxing. What I’ve learnt to do is just relax while playing it and don’t expect to win all of the time. If you do, then you won’t enjoy the game at all.

I think I went a bit off subject here. People should do what they want to do, if they think spending thousands of dollars do go see Celine Dion (they do here in Quebec, Canada) will give them happiness, kudos to them. To me it’s just throwing your money down the drain for 2 hours of entertainment. But spending thousands on E&P and playing for about 1 to 2 hours a day for over 800+ days, hummmm… I know which one I would chose… Think of it as a portable arcade…

8 Likes

I use to spend some money and all together was around 2500€ and I have crappie hero’s and in last month or so I take off my credit card from Google play and I wouldn’t spend any cent from now on. Every time when I have chance I will summon but that’s it, not worth it. The game make me pretty much nervous and stressed and now I better pay Google music to de-stress myself and is well worth it

2 Likes

People are fooling themselves if they think they have some special skills that make them better. I can watch a few hours of YouTube videos And become pretty darn good at this game. Plus anyone who has played other match 3 games can pick up the concept of moving tiles.

You never win this game. In reality, the longer that you play, the more money you need to invest just to stay competitive as a top tier player. And if your goal is to casually play, then what is the argument of spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on the game?

2 Likes