I did 60 pull is this normal that i didnt got a single 5* not even the Hotm ( im about to quit)

Certainly! I’ll be happy to offer what advice I can.

Gacha sucks.

I’m fine with SGG overall, or I wouldn’t play this game or be a volunteer moderator, but that doesn’t mean I agree with everything they do.

I often say so on the Forum.

Wait, you got a t-shirt? I didn’t lol.

4 Likes

In theory? I mean, I haven’t actually got one. But they suggested one might be forthcoming.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. I think something similar was mentioned when I came on as a moderator…

1 Like

@Garanwyn as long as we agree gacha sucks i’m fine :stuck_out_tongue: i still do not agree it’s not a gambling game, because even though you don’t get money, the principle and the pleasure loop is the same, otherwise the comparison with lottery wouldn’t stand also.

and you’re right about the advice to players, you and @zephyr1 definitely gave out a lot of valuable information to the players and i love that every thread about current hotm has a detailed warning about the odds and links. credit where credit is due. also, my moderator comment wasn’t meant in mean spirit, i believe biases are a given thing, were human after all. but you’ve proved me somewhat wrong :upside_down_face:

expect me to tag you soon (hopefully).

2 Likes

Not for nothing, but:

[quote=“zephyr1, post:112, topic:97274”]
I promise I’m not in SG’s pocket…
[/quote

That’s a good thing,
I think if all the moderators were just pawns of SG and unable to give us their honest or unbiased opinion it would come through in the posts and replies. Players would be less likely to come here for advice on certain topics. Especially when they have questions or grievances about purchasing items, like this thread we are on.
Or, if I was asking for advice on how to get through a really hard quest and their advice was “Keep trying, and in order to keep going you will need to stock up on World Energy Flasks. You can get the Energy Drink Pack for the next 1D 7H at the special rate of just 1200 Gems! Thanks for asking and keep on playing this excellent game brought to you by SMALL giant!” My next move would be to delete my account with this forum and go elsewhere to get advice.

A little exaggeration, but I think you get my point. Thanks to all the moderators and players, I’m getting some really good tips.:+1:

2 Likes

61 pulls in the last valhalla portal for just one 5*. Hours and hours of farming and collecting coins, buy some offers… all for just one non desired 5*. No spending at all is the best you can do with this game.

1 Like

Perfectly normal. I have gotten 2 five stars in a single 10 pull and nothing in a hundred pulls

What is normal for me is that in every 10 pull you get a 5*. Spending 3000 gems to get nothing is annoying, it’s bad luck, ok, but spending 18.000 gems to get nothing it’s too unfair, it makes you hate the game. In fact I used to buy offers and spend, I won’t do it anymore. If they think that’s the smart strategy to go on with the game, 100 pulls to get nothing, they are completely wrong. My budget goes from 60 euros per month to close to 0 and I’m sure I’m not the only one. When the game will give me the six new 5* that I deserve, maybe I will go back to my monthly budget for gaming. Meanwhile, I’ll just play and share in every forum, group or social network my bad experience to disencourage others to spend. I used to tell my alliance members to buy some offers and do a 10 pull every two or three events. Now what I say is: look at my roster, is it great, isn’t it? Ok, however don’t spend, don’t dare do it, you will regret it!

1 Like

Please don’t email me. The forum is the place for this. Nobody is forcing you to spend money. It is very clearly stated on every pull screen, what the odds are of getting a 5 star. In some cases, it is less than 1%.
I’m not advocating for them, but they are not cheating you in any way.

Yes they are, the more you pull, the more the results should be to what probability says, that’s exactly how probability works. If you toss the coin just 10 times, it could happen that you get 9 heads and 1 tails, but if you keep on tossing you will see how heads and tails get close to 50%. The more cases there are, the more accurate probability is. That’s why I say that it could happen that in a 10 pull you don’t get nothing, but it doesn’t make sense that someone does 130 pulls and doesn’t get a single 5*, not even the hotm when the probabilities of getting any 5* is around 3%.
To be sure that there is no biased probability all the pulls results should be public, that would be the only way to prove that probability is the one announced in the portals, that if you don’t get a single 5* from 500 pulls is because the one pulling after you got fifteen 5* from 20 pulls.

No, that’s not how probability works. Every draw is an independent event. The odds do not change from pull to pull. It is gambler’s fallacy to start thinking you are “due” after a barren run.

The results will closer match the odds after thousands of pulls, not 130.

5 Likes

This is money sucking game. What do you expect? The game was developed by SG who was bought by Zynga by $500M.

If you pull 130 times with a probability of 3% of a 5* (not sure what it is, just taking your number) the chances of 0 5* is 1.9%. Let’s assume out of a million(ish) active players doing pulls (could be over one event, or over a year, depending on how much is spent) then you will get 19,000 pulling 0 5*s. I wonder how many of those would come to the forum to complain about it…

1 Like

I remember when Aegir was the hotm… bought and used all possible resources. No Aegir. Later I did the same for Frida. No Frida as well.

Then once whe s2 was still fresh I’ve used my completion Atlantis coins (around 8 pulls) and got Ariel, Miki and MokArr. Lol

It happens. Dont spend that much though… heroes will come even with one pull if they want to.

Getting 5☆s also doesn’t mean awesome things. I’ve got mokarr and never maxed him. Imagine if I had paid 280$ for a hero I dont even use.

It is a money sucking game only if you let it be a money sucking game. I am quite happily playing it with little to no expense at all.

4 Likes

Exactly this.

20 times exactly this

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what I was saying, the more the cases are, the closer results are to the actual probability, and I’m afraid that’s exactly how probability works. So it’s clear that 130 must be closer to the actual probability than 1, and it’s obvious that thousands of pulls must be the said probability, that’s why I said that the only way to know if they are doing things right or not would be by making public all the pulls and results.

But 130 pulls is an insignificant data set only marginally better than one. You cannot draw any conclusions from it. There have been data studies of pulls in the thousands. That is in fact how we as players determined the odds of a 5* from TC20 is 5% as that has never been officially published.