I can't update the game

I can’t update the game, it tells me there is a new version but when I click, there are no updates

2 Likes

Do you by chance play on both Android and iOS, and you already updated Android, and you’re trying to play on iOS now?

That’s the most common cause I’ve seen for this issue in the past, as the Apple updates are released after Android, and you can’t play on iOS on the old version if you’ve logged into Android on the newer version.

If that’s the cause for you, you unfortunately won’t be able to play on iOS until the update comes out.

That issue can be avoided in the future by waiting to update Android until the iOS update is available.

1 Like

I didn’t do anything i have only samsung phones, I’m not the only player to have the problem, I’ve been playing for almost 3 years, I know very well how it works I have more accounts, the others have updated, this on samsung S9, in the play store the update doesn’t exist is, there is always the image of halloween
Every time you make an update there are bugs, and you find excuses to justify it, there is also the event and I can’t play, buy the offers, you’re hurting me with your inefficiencies, I turn off a lot of money, it would take a little more respect for those who spend on you

1 Like

Well I’m just a fellow player, so if you want help from someone who works for Small Giant, you can contact Support: How to Contact Support (Version 31 Onwards)

The Forum is for player peer discussion and support. The Small Giant Staff don’t normally reply to posts here, particularly about issues that don’t affect everyone like a server outage.

4 Likes

I have the same issue, and I tried clearing the cache, uninstall, do the same thing with google play. It’s stuck with the 21st october update, and the game will not work without the november update. :frowning:

The tablet had no issue updating, but the phone is not going anywhere. I even tried to uninstall both and clear all the caches, but after reinstall, the tablet works, the phone not.

Any other solutions? I’m just tired to reinstall the game and most of the times play the damn stupid tutorial over and over again, because a skip tutorial never crossed any minds. (How about you first ask to connect to an account, if any, and then force the tutorial down a players throat? Just a thought…)

Thank you!

1 Like

I solved the problem by deleting the accounts registered in google and leaving only one, then I updated and registered again the accounts in play games

Didn’t that affected your game progress? I mean i tried to delete the accounts from my phone, uninstall things, and then reentered the account again, but that did not help :frowning: . I also have the account associated to the google play games, but that clearly states that you will lose game progress

1 Like

I had multiple accounts in the same device, I didn’t delete emails, I deleted it from my phone because they were in conflict
Then, run the accounts again
You keep one for device, and do one update at a time, it should fix everything, excuse my English, i’m Italian

I have issue on Android. When opening the app it tells me there is a new update but there is nothing new in PlayStore.
Any tip how to fix it ?

1 Like

I also contacted google support, and after trying the solutions found on the internet like 2-3 times, clearing caches, clearing data, uninstalling, remove updates, from GooglePlay, Empires&Puzzles, Download Manager, and many other services that I uninstalled or deleted data that may have been the problem. Still doesn’t work. The Google guy tried practically the same thing I did, and sent me to the Developer.

So please… Developer… say something, I wanna know how you feel… :slight_smile:

1 Like

How many account do you have in your devices?

1 Google account attached to Google Play, and google Play Games.

1 Like

Clear the cache and data from google play. Uninstall the game and Google play game and install them again, then add the account to play games and eventually try to open the game. If it is installed on multiple devices, delete everything must remain only on a cellphone. Good luck!

I can’t update either. The game doesn’t tell me there’s an update available, and when I go to the play store, there is no update there. I checked, and I’m definitely still on version 24. I’m on Android, and use only one device, never signed in anywhere else.

2 Likes

Ok… at this point I tried anything. Uninstalled everything from everywhere. Cleared all data and caches, removed all accounts from tablet and phone. Added all back just on phone and still have the issue. I can only hope that your next solution won’t be “format your phone or get another one”. If this persists for the next 1-2 days i will ask for a full refund on the last 2 months.

This is unacceptable. Not after paying so much just to get a “thank you for your money, go outside and play now”. I don’t pay that much for an app just to get so many conditions on usability and such loss of data after you take the money. How about an warning sign: “forced to have app only on a phone, or loss of money may imply”

1 Like

I had same issue with update (v25). I downloaded APK from Internet (I know this is not secure) and updateted manualy. Game work again on other devices (same account - multiple devices).

This sucks.

1 Like

Hasn’t rolled out to my ‘region’ (US) either. No update available. I wouldn’t worry about it until you get the in-game message. That’s usually 24 hours before the previous version gets blocked.

2 Likes

I have this same problem - game wants to update, google play says there isn’t an update. Android / Samsung S10e.

1 Like

Does it say “This app may not be optimized for your device” in the play store? It could be that your device will no longer download the latest version.

I play on an older Galaxy tablet and also on my newer phone while @ work. The tablet has always had that “not optimized” message for many months but today it won’t DL the latest version… (there’s not even the option to do it) but my phone downloaded it just fine

1 Like

That is the message I get. Android phone is updated, but Samsung Android tablet goes into loop: update available, → Open → update available etc.

1 Like