I call BS on this

I’m posting this mostly out of frustration, but I am using the exact same method to level these heroes and started them at the same time… Vivica is already at 8/8 and aeron is level 2/8. This kind of “random” stuff is what frustrates me about the game.

Yeah, those are the two edge cases for leveling, but that doesn’t mean the process isn’t random…

1 Like

Its weird that I always have trouble with dark heroes also. I’ve never hit tier 3 5* hero without being 8/8 except for my two dark heroes. Thought it was just me :wink:

Please describe the method so we can calculate chances.

1 Like

My process is 10 1 and 2* color heroes. The last time I had 30 1 and 2* purple heroes that I used in a row and all 3 failed to increase the level. Yet vivica was leveling up almost every other time. I don’t need a solution or a critique. It is mostly just a post out of frustration that the results can be that skewed. I’ve fully leveled dozens of heroes and have never seen results this bad.

LOL, for me it’s blue heroes that I have a hard time upping the special on. It’s random though. Let’s bear in mind that your odds of increasing the special each time you feed 10 heroes vary between 20-30% on average - statistically not all that favourable.

On a 5* i don’t really bother, sooner or later i max them.

On a 3* is totally a different story.

4 Likes

Well… by my a-bit-approximate calculation, Aeron had 1 in 10 chances, and Vivica 1 in 5.

1 Like

Wow… so you only got the special up in the ascension… If you did about 16 10 hero feeds (50% 1* and 50% 2*) your odd of being so unlucky are about 0.3%. I have leveled 29 4* and 5* heroes to the “Compass” limit and only have Sir Lance stuck at level 3/60 with his special frozen @ 7/8.

Bummer of a hero to get this bad luck, at least you still have a good chance of having a nice special level when you hit 2/60.

edited per @Wharflord’s comments.

1 Like

You’re right that the chance of the special only being at 2/8 is very low. I have to take issue with your graph however, since it is impossible for a hero at 2/60 to have a special at 1/8 since they have ascended once.

2 Likes

For 2.36 he did less than 15 10 hero feeds.

Duh… I feel stupid (in a thankful way). Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I fixed the original presentation.

2 Likes

Per the leveling up data I have: Completing Tier 1 for a 5* hero requires 26,810 xp. Another 22,383 xp is required to level a 5* to 2/36. Since I assumed 5 1* heroes and 5 2* heroes you would net 3,240 xp (at 180, 468 each, respectively) for 10x leveling session. Thus 9 10x feeding would be required to get through the first ascension and ~7 to mid level 36. This is the basis of my numbers.

Sure if he used more 2* heroes than 5 per 10x leveling the total number would go down. Why I spent the time to put a number on it is beyond me.

1 Like

I didn’t know of that Google Docs spreadsheet. What I used are the formulas from here:

They give a bit less exp for some levels, but most importantly I got the last level off by one. I think your spreadsheet is better.

Still, for that 9 10x feeding they’d have to use 10 heroes for the last Tier 1 feeding when 3 might’ve been enough.

Anyhow, whether it’s 0.3% or 0.4%, that Aeron was very unlucky.

I wish i could take credit for the spreadsheet… but it is not mine. I can’t remember who put it together. maybe @Coppersky?

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen that spreadsheet before. I do know someone put together a calculator that would figure out all you need to ascend, including mats…
I’ll look for it if anyone’s interested!

1 Like

Here is some more info. i have completed 3more and still it is stuck at 2/8.

So let’s just say 20 tries at approximately 30% each time and it still hasn’t leveled once? Like I said. It’s BS.

I think I stole all of your luck. The first ascension maxed him.

1 Like

For those especially stubborn heroes that won’t increase their special after 2nd ascension I switch over to single 1 star hero one at a time. It’s been working for me.

2 Likes

I have a Morgan who stuck to 4/8 in her special all the way to 2/60. I haven’t had the resources to prioritise ascending her further yet, but I might start with a fresh one whenever I do get to it…