Hurroo @Garanwyn is gone again 🙁

Welcome back from hols/court/maze running G.

It’s been a nightmare.

38rsss

Zephy has been chopping up threads like a psychopath with a master sword

Kerridoc ran out of moustache oil

And Rook got into a fight with the dirty cats from behind the lockups and had to have a tetanus shot

source

Worst of all, Petri fell asleep on his keyboard and every tile was green for two days.

22 Likes

It was a combination of a bad flu followed by massive amounts of work once I recovered. But I am indeed back. Thanks for the warm welcome home! :smile:

21 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better…

22 Likes

When I completely blanked a titan and wasn’t on for 24h, my alliance was trying to figure out who would be giving the eulogy.

9 Likes

Welcome back, glad you’re recovered.

4 Likes

Understandable, hehe. Glad you’re alright now and back in business! This years flu was really bad.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I have to ask. Did you get the flu shot? Anytime someone tells me they got the flu I need to ask that.

I get the shot every year and (touch wood) have never gotten the flu since. But, is it coincidence or does it actually work?

I’m waiting for people to tell me that they got the shot but still got a bad case of the flu.

I didn’t get a flu shot, or the flu, if that’s a useful data point :yum:

4 Likes

The last 3 times I got the flu shot, I missed at least 2 days of work because of the flu. I might be the outlier though

3 Likes

Welcome back @Garanwyn
With you gone there was no one around to like anything I say. And I say a lot of likeable things, that’s the weird part!

3 Likes

I didn’t get the flu shot, but single data points wouldn’t tell you much anyway.

The flu shot is an educated guess by the medical community as to which flu strains will be problematic in the upcoming season. Sometimes they get it right, and sometimes they get it wrong. There are many strains at any given time which could cause problems, and they can’t immunize against all of them.

People definitely do get the flu despite getting the flu shot. But that’s not evidence that the flu shot doesn’t work. It does indeed protect against the strains they select. But people come down with the flu from different strains than the ones they got immunized for.

9 Likes

Welcome back @Garanwyn! Not that we weren’t in good hands. Just missed you. :beers:

4 Likes

Nope, just part of the club that gets the flu after the flu shot. I haven’t gotten it since 1996 and haven’t had the flu since. It always seemed to affect me that way for whatever reason. :bouquet:

1 Like

We had such a great time without you on “count to 15…” But it wasn’t really fair…a pyrrhic victory…empty actually. We really missed you and I’m so glad you’re back!!! (Was your alliance going to do a eulogy because of natural causes or because you missed the Titan & there were consequences?). Please take care of yourself, dear @Garanwyn !!! :bouquet:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear @Garanwyn! I assumed fun vacation far, far away from internet. Some secret island in the South Pacific maybe? (Innsmouth folks know where it is)

Glad to see you back and well!!

3 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better @Garanwyn. Welcome back.

4 Likes

@Garanwyn are you ok? We miss you :bouquet:

5 Likes

Anybody know how @Garanwyn is? He hasn’t posted in a while.
@zephyr1 @Rook @JonahTheBard

5 Likes

I haven’t heard from him in a week and a half, unfortunately. He was dealing with a lot of real-life stuff then.

8 Likes

I hope everything is ok with him.

I miss him correcting my half-baked statistics.

11 Likes

Cookie Settings