Hulda needs to be beaten with the nerf stick

…then she’d be a slower, worse version of Freya… without the minion buff, attack stat on minions, and possibly fewer minions in general, while taking two more tiles to charge :sweat_smile:

Now tell me: how on earth does that make any sense?!

No. No. No. No. No.

6 Likes

Why people always asking for nerfing a Hero? Learn how to beat them not to nerf them. It’s sound not fair when people spend money for chasing that ability, then just because you don’t have that hero or you can’t facing that hero and then asking for nerfing his ability. I don’t have Hulda, but I enjoy when I facing her on Raid or War. Not always win and it’s Okay.

4 Likes

LMFAO, Hulda is the only counter to multiple fast hit all defense down units. Nerf those, then you can nerf Hulda…

I typically get by those with either my Grazul, JF or Gazelle. Lots of other ailment blockers available, or just a cleanser. There are lots of options out there.

Back on the topic of Hulda, she can be a pain, especially for smaller rosters or those that don’t spend as much. Getting hold of the best counter ( in this case Grimble) can be quite difficult if you are not willing to overcommit to the ToL portal.

So you need to work with what you may have. Which means typically for less time/ low spend 4* options and committing the needed resources to one of them, yes an un emblemed, not LB 4* will not survive long against maxed 5s normally, especially the weakest of the counters being the gobbler. So you need to devote the required emblems and aethers if you are facing Hulda all the time to best negate her.

Costume Gormek would be the best bet, but as need costume portal may not be lucky. Next up Captain of Diamonds, now available from HA8 if you are patient. If you aren’t lucky enough to have any other option there is always gobbler.

I think though if my option was Gobbler, I’d be looking at mana control instead to stop her firing in the first place. Lists of options out there for this even in the F2P arena. Some of them people laugh at you for considering as they aren’t the latest and greatest, but even an older hero like Merlin or Chao can be great for delaying her until you can kill her off.

Outside of mana control, you could just go for big snipe, which will typically fire before her and normally a double snipe will leave most heroes just about dead.

There are always options to everyone. It’s just a case of looking at your roster and working it out. Of course some have better options than others but that’s the game.

4 Likes

Release and Nerf, no i don’t think so. I break out my yellows out and get to work. Hulda isnt that scary. Nerfing heros will ruin e&p… balance before release … people have called for nerfs against heros they struggle to beat since the get go… from Hel to Finley.

4 Likes

These cries for help are becoming tiresome. Work on your counters!! Hulda is not a big deal at all! Learn your rosters and countters. Been there…done that.

5 Likes

So Eloise is one of those new fancy heroes I never expect to get so went back had a read of her card. Yep, good card and equally good counter, think for my playstyle I’d still prefer Grimble because of the mana gain myself but thats just personal preference. As far as it fits into my post though, just like I didn’t go into detail on Grimble I wouldn’t for her as not a likely hero for the majority to have for using as a counter

1 Like

I’m a huge advocate for hero balance and I have always maintained that, regardless if I have the hero or not. Hulda, in my opinion is well balanced and has quite a few counters that completely overwhelm her. She does nothing but summon minions, that’s all she does. She isn’t that hard to beat and isn’t a game ender like Milena. I’m not sure how you believe she is OP next to some of the ninjas, magic heroes or some of the new event heroes, but I’d get off of the subject. Hulda is fine as she is.

5 Likes

I have zero issues with her. Topaz and guan yu are just licking their lips as she’s summoning minions. By the time they’re charged, all those minions she summoned are a liability for her team and the team is going to get smoked.

The nerfs need to stop. You have absolutely no idea what hero they’re going to put out next week as a possible counter to her. It’s funny because I remember lion roar saying in an old video, why dies small giant make all these minion hate heroes, minions aren’t a problem. Well, they weren’t a problem per say, but SG already knew they were going to go heavy with minions. They put out the solution before they put out problem.

This has been happening so much, C Finley or C Master Lepus, etc. everyone saying to nerf them. I’ve never had an issue fighting them. but people were calling for the nerf before anyone even saw them used. Portal opens, yep, too strong, get rid of him. Wtf?!

Huldas minions are nasty and as someone already mentioned, you cannot brute force your way through her. If you don’t have a counter to her, then I’d say reroll or pass if you see her in war. But there are counters to her that are somewhat easily available. So I don’t get it, the game should be evolving, heroes should be getting stronger, but people push back against it?

6 Likes

No nerf needed for Hulda. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m a lvl 70 player and take a +20 and LB Captain of Diamonds against maxed emblem and LB 5* all the time. He is literally there just to take care of minions, and the rest of my team is built to deal with killing off enemies. I use Gobbler in the same way.

In order to do this in my typical 3-2 setup, I have to take 2 healers, which makes for a drawn out fight, but I feel I succeed more often than not.

2 Likes

These nerf threads need to be merged to oblivion.

6 Likes

Jeez, topics like this really hurts.
Seriously cry out about hero, which having literally tons of counters?
I can understand that ppl gets mad with heroes like Ludwig, Xnolp, Milena, c Kadilen, Pengi etc…
But seriously bloody Hulda???

2 Likes

Why not create a thread asking for help killing Hulda before calling for a nerf? Request full team load outs. Ask for videos demonstrations.

We need to call for nerfs as an absolute last result. And we can do it together, as a community.

If yours is one of only a handful of voices calling for a nerf, the problem isn’t with the hero…

Happy gaming!:call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

The problem - as I’ve mentioned on the Hulda thread elsewhere - is that while specific counters exist, they are very nearly required, and the ones that are most easily accessible to players (e.g. cGormek, Captain of Diamonds) mean you’re bringing a 4* knife to a 5* gunfight.

What happens if your single-point-of-failure hero, generally weaker and more vulnerable than your other heroes, drops before Hulda does (and you’re not either right about to either win or at least drop Hulda in response)?

It’s a lot easier to dismiss Hulda as “not that bad” if you have a 5* anti-minion hero, but… many people don’t.

It seems like problematic “one trick pony” design for the difficulty of facing Hulda to depend so strongly on the presence or absence of a particular ability.

I might argue that…maybe…what Hulda needs is not a straight nerf per se, but that some of her defensive buffs are directly cast while others are minion effects, so that people attacking her don’t strictly need One Kind Of Hero to face her at all, and also so that people using her don’t feel like she’s useless against anti-minion enemies, perhaps.

So? The point is to bring the right tool for the right job. Are you going to counter Hulda with Boss Wolf who is a 5* just because he’ll survive over cGormek?

When it comes to raids, I’ll always have at least 1 4* hero who is my healer as I find Vivica and Mother North too slow. Against Hulda, I will have Devana with her minion killing ability, but if I didn’t have her, I’ll go with what I do have and it depends on the color matching I want to use: so cGormek, CoD, or Gobbler.

And don’t underestimate 4* heroes. In the last war, my last flag was against a minion heavy defense (don’t remember, though I recall LotL was one of them, probably Freya, and Frosth as well). My last 2 heroes standing were cGormek and Proteus (I think) against 3 of the defense (2 minion generators + another). I ended up winning as cGormek just provided the healing.

4 Likes

Isn’t it the same thing if your dispeller dies before you can use him against a taunter?

More counters will become available as new heroes are released. That’s the nature of the game.

Meanwhile, we need to try to be creative and play with what we have. No more nerfs please.

5 Likes

Let me LMFAO back at you… Grazul or Emilio or Garnet are are all you need against any defense down ailment. And against hit all… bring a taunter.

I use Guan Yu helps break thru Minions

Right, so you just proved the point. There’s a counter for everything…so no nerf needed. Stupid thread…

1 Like