Hrairoo wants friends [Stalkers Guide to "Friendship"]

First :heart: E&P.

Now, what I’d really like is to be friends! Not in game friends, because whoa, back off dude! BUT FORUM FRIENDS. I want to add the feature of following people on the forum. I find certain people laugh out loud funny. Others have depth of game knowledge that I like to steal and look like I’m smart with. My idea is to follow each other besides the dev’s because I get tired of using that big magnifying glass on the upper right to spy on posts.

I chose general because this isnt really a game request. Mostly it’s a selfish attempt to increase my general laziness.

Cheers,
Hrairoo

16 Likes

So… Would you follow me or is that too personal of a question? :joy::rofl:

Yes I’d like to follow people too but I think our community is smallish enough such that you always see the same familiar jokers around…

And in some cases you can roughly guess what they will say even before they say it :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

A monk, a sweatshop owner, and the creepy guy from the mall that makes kids cry walk into a bar.
Bartender looks up and says “Hey Santa”.

6 Likes

Yup, I’m follow you and your @FrenziedEye

2 Likes

There is a way to do this, although it’s a little more cumbersome than you might like.

Discourse actually provides a RSS feed for every forum user. The feed is located at:

http://forum.smallgiantgames.com/u/<username>/activity.rss

If you have a RSS reader on your phone or PC, pointing a feed at this url will give you a standard rss feed for the user in question. For instance, here’s what happens when you point Feedly at:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/u/hrairoo/activity.rss

So you can now follow all your favorites by creating a “Best of E&P” feed in the RSS reader of your choice.

10 Likes

Mind blown

Like, seriously.

4 Likes

@Garanwyn You’ve just opened Pandora’s stalker box :rofl:

5 Likes

Right!? I guess I need to rename this thread “how to stalk someone on the forum: instructions included”. Classic!

Now I just need to figure out how to download this RSS…lol. But seriously.

4 Likes

In fairness, the information was already available on the user’s profile page in the forum. So I’ve really only saved stalkers the pain and suffering of using multiple tabs and hitting “refresh” on their browser. :wink:

2 Likes

But this enhances:

20 lazy stalkers

4 Likes

Yup

1 Like

How did you do that @Garanwyn

1 Like

What the heck is going on right now? Do the rules not apply to @Garanwyn?

2 Likes

“” ““” “” “” “” “” “” Yup"“” “” “” “” “” “” “”

1 Like

Best. Title. Edit. Ever.

20 friendly characters

5 Likes

The rules apply to everyone. But you’re looking at the problem in the wrong way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Give me a lever and a place to stand and I will move the earth.
–Archimedes

5 Likes

…Still googling…

1 Like

Good luck

I’m just trying to turn the color black…as that is my best guess at this point.

Nope

1 Like