As we approach the last week of the first Path of Valor, and everyone likely has a fairly good sense of whether they’ll reach Milestone 50 or not, I’m wondering how people feel about the possibility of Valor Points being available for purchase.
To be clear, I have no specific reason to believe they will be, as we never saw such a mechanism in Beta — but offers also aren’t normally tested in Beta, so it’s not unimaginable either.
And some other games with similar events also sell points, so it’s possible Small Giant may follow in their footsteps.
Would you consider buying Valor Points if they were offered for sale?
- Yes, I would buy them if I thought the price were reasonable and I needed them to reach Milestone 50, or another Milestone I wanted the rewards from
- Yes, but only because I bought the Valor Pass before realizing I won’t be able to reach Milestone 50 and now I feel stuck
- No, because I won’t need Valor Points to reach Milestone 50 or the Milestone I want to get to, but might consider them in a future Path of Valor if needed
- No, I would never buy them no matter what, even if it meant missing out on rewards I wanted, because I’m opposed to the idea, or opposed to paying for them
Regardless of whether you would personally buy them, do you think Valor Points being available for sale is a good idea?
- Yes, I think Valor Points should be able to be purchased by players who want to buy them
- No, I think selling Valor Points is inappropriate
- I’m not sure, or I’m indifferent
If you were to consider buying Valor Points, how many would you potentially want to buy, assuming the price were worth it?
- Under 1500
- Over 6500
- Zero: I just want to reiterate that I would never buy Valor Points no matter what
Assuming Valor Points were available for purchase, how many do you think should be the maximum number offered?
- As many as desired, with no limit
- As many as needed, but only if the player is forced to buy exactly the number they need to reach Milestone 50; choosing to buy up to a lower Milestone shouldn’t be allowed
- Enough to make up for multiple missed Tiers of Valor Challenges, and/or multiple missed Daily Challenges, but not an unlimited amount
- Only enough to make up for missing a single Tier of a single Valor Challenge, with everything else completed
- Only enough to make up some missed Daily Challenges, but not enough to make up any Tier of any Valor Challenge
- I reject the premise of the question, and will reiterate that no Valor Points should be available for purchase
Is your opinion about buying Valor Points at all affected by whether you think that would be a valorous act? In other words, is the name relevant to your thinking, and would a different name possibly have made you think differently about it?
- Yes, the name strongly impacts my thinking about whether Valor Points should be available for purchase, and I would likely think differently if they were called somewhat else
- Yes, the name somewhat impacts my thinking
- No, the name doesn’t impact my thinking, I’d have the same opinion no matter what they were called
- I don’t know, or I hadn’t thought about it