How war matching system works exactly

The thing with war is that the algorithm matches up alliances based on their potential. Although the team power usage to match up with 30 heroes, weight on top 5, top 5 troops, and past performance = war scores. This system is not exactly perfect but it is what we have right now. Two alliances that are “even” can have a very close war or a complete blowout depending on their situation.

If an alliance is more organized and coordinated they will still be able to dominate a similar strength but less organized alliance. It all comes down to how you run your alliance and the strategy. Are you using same color tanks? Is that color the most optimum for your alliance? Are you coordinating attack times or using a schedule so that everyone is on the same page and you can get a reset and priority targets down together? Are your players blowing all their strong heroes in the first half? Are your players splitting up their strength to have more balanced attacks? Do you have clean up hitters? If the other alliance is using same color tanks who do you prioritize and when do you use the strong color? Are your players hitting willy nilly without regard for timing or spawn timers or not leaving clean ups for weaker players?

These are questions you should go over with your alliance before looking at war scores or anything else. In the end though sometimes you can still have a bad war and your opponent has a good war and you get destroyed or vice versa.

Okay, I answer this in way, how we do it.

• Yes, we use same color tanks.

• Yes, we have choose that color based on our alliance heroes.

• No, we don’t attack strong teams first

• Yes, we time our attacks

So we are doing everything and almost every alliance does those things, when you are high enough. And still we lost last war 1000 points, which is just too much. This time, I think we got pretty equal opponent, so l’m hoping fun war! :wink: Win or lose! Those last hours with equal matched wars are so fun!

Problem for me it’s that those war losing and winning can be manibulated. And when someone does that, it ruins the war from opponent.

I gave up trying. The problem stems from the fact that that score WAS used for first two or three updates, then it was changed. People don’t change their learning curve very quickly.

I wasn’t blaming the devs. I was pointing out that they used to use that score as a matching system and since they’ve changed it, a lot of players can’t seem to wrap their head around that fact.

They ARE numbers people and all they see is a number difference that tells them the opponent is too strong.

I’ve given up trying to convince them. Luckily we’ve had fair match ups since the last update and now that we have a war score, they can obsess over that number.

No offense taken over the word ignorant - it simply means they don’t understand and that’s a fair assessment.

1 Like

Hi! I will try to explain this in english. After the last updated, our enemies in aliance wars are too strong for my aliance!

I dont know whats going on :frowning: but the difference in power ia too much

That is just totally wrong… Player’s level says nothing about his war capabilities… there are players who invest lots of money and advance a lot quicker than those who don’t spend a dime. So a PTW player at level 20 will almost certain have much better heroes than a FTP at level 30. Matching them just wouldn’t be fair… War is about matching balanced forces, even if that is almost impossible.

2 Likes

I hear you! Same here this time! Anyway, last time we got an opponent a lot weaker than us… Some you win some you lose, I guess…

1 Like

Hahahahaha I dont have that lucky xD yet. Well I suposse that I need to breathe and hope for the better hahahaha :slight_smile: thanks for the replied!

Couple of things about alliance points. I know those aren’t use as matchmaking. But those still do tell lot about the alliance. I look those everytime, when wars start. Why?

• Trophies score
    If it is lower than ours, I check, if they have cup droppers in that alliance. Those are usually easy to spot. :wink:
    If it is much higher than ours, I know we are facing strong enemy. Since we only have one player doing that, which I really don’t like.

• Titan score
    Then there are titan score, which can make huge difference to overall score. So if we are facing opponent with lower overall score and they titan score is much lower. It usually tells, that they have got new members, they are hopping between alliances or just don’t care of those.

And yeah, I love wars and spent too much time with checking everything up… :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Hahahaha Im just saying because, for example, Im the lider and the top warrior in my aliance ( I have a power of 2800, 1400 trophies. But the most people in my aliance have a power of 1500 and 400 trophies). Our two last enemies had more than 2000 trophies and have more than 3000 power. These are the last one:

low titan scores can also mean a newer alliance and sometimes those are formed by a group of strong veteran players, just another tidbit to keep in mind when going through your analysis

And these is my aliance ( really sorry for my bad english xD ):

thats why I dont understand. Our first wars was very funny, because we had the same level, so… Thats the reason that im strugling with my english trying to explain myself hahahaha

You might be able to tell cup droppers, but I have seen players that I assumed were dropping cups because they were 5 to 7 levels higher than me, but had a weaker defense team. Based on who they attacked and the results during the war, it became clear they were not dropping cups.

This has happened a few times. Either they spend less, or have worse luck - but their level would indicate they put in more time than me on the game.

It’s worth noting that player level is not an absolute guarantee of actual skill at the game. You can gain levels and experience quite nicely by auto-farming, and spending world flasks or gems for refills on the energy.
I’m pretty high level, 57 closing in on 58, with good heroes as well, but while I don’t think I’m a bad player, I still don’t rate my skill at playing as being on the same level as the top names in the game. Give them my heroes and they’d curbstomp me on equal terms.

Usually those, who cup drop much are high level well over 40 and still with 3* heroes in defence teams or unleveled 4*. I’m in alliance, where almost everyone has over 2000 trophies(2 players under that) and so have usually also our opponents.

Before upgrade my alliance win 5 times n open chest.
After upgrade new ver my alliance loose 2 times with huge margin (1000++ and 800++ the opponent not all fight).
I think this matchmaking still not working

Closing this old thread. Please focus further discussion on war matching here: Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER