How (un)lucky can you possibly get?

That is incredibly lucky! So many great heroes in just 1 year of play? My last (and only) special 5* is Aegir from october 2018. I don’t think you realize how insanely lucky you got :stuck_out_tongue:

Gravemaker in just 8 months of play is also reeeaaaly lucky. 2.3% 5* heroes is definetly above average!

Now that is a story I love. That is some incredible luck, good for you!

Try running 3 I guess? That’s what I did and I only need Justice and Azlar to complete my season 1 roster. But I agree, no green 5* in more than a year while getting 1 5* pull a day seems pretty mediocre

1 Like

My best luck actually struck at the beginning of May in the Atlantis portal.

I did a total of 62 pulls, and I got Gravemaker, Kage, Ranvir, and three of Clarissa.

I haven’t done the math on that, but I think it’s pretty extreme, and I was obviously glad to get GM & Kage after all this time; and Ranvir 3-70 has replaced my 4-70 Wu Kong on Titans now and I’m seeing better results. I chose to ascend Kage first, and so I don’t have enough Tabards for even ONE of Clarissa right now.

And then… just using my couple of free pulls on Tavern of Legends recently, I landed Seshat. :slight_smile: So I’ve had a pretty good run of luck. Of course, I piled up a lot of Purple heroes that I won’t be able to max for quite a while, but it’s better than just getting more feeders!

Good gaming!

He was my first too. Hadn’t realized exactly how the Bonus Draw worked until then or that saving EHT for Seasonal events was a thing and still remember where I was at the time. My wife and I were on a pier in Texas doing some birding and I pulled an EHT and immediately tried it in the portal. Saw I was getting a Bonus Draw, and then Aegir :slight_smile:

On the down-side of my HOTM luck, my four HOTMs are Aegir, Neith, Grimble, and Margaret; not exactly top tier HOTM. Fortunately Aegir and Margaret have been buffed to make them more useful and the forums are always buzzing about the need for Neith and Grimble buffs, so keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

I consider myself c2p (spend about $20 to $30 a month) and have playing for over three years. RNG can be crazy, last year the only HOTM I pulled was anzough and I managed to get missandra and gm from Atlantis portal, that’s all I got for 2019 for non season 1 hero’s. By comparison this year I’ve managed to get every HOTM with exception of jf, black night, ursena, queen of hearts, costumed horghal and boss wolf. Obviously my odds of getting good hero’s is a lot better than f2p, but my point is if you play long enough eventually you should get a good luck streak.

1 Like

Native Americans have a saying that everyone is born with a certain amount of luck. Guess you just have to decide on where you want your luck to be. On a game or in real life.

2 Likes

Just so you know, I’m a “she”… :wink:

As for luck:

• 1 HOTM in 3 years (yay, at last!)
  • 1st Green 5* in 2-3 years = Liana (yay, at last!)
  • 1st 5* off 1 coin at 10 months = Magni (yay, at last!)

Hmm, maybe I don’t have bad luck, it just depends how I look at it? Because I now have two Magnis, Elenas, Domitias, Thornes, Obakans, Khagans, Quintuses, never mind how many doubles and triple 4*s, plus a Cheshire Cat to complete my persona… :grin:

13 Likes

I think we need some defining of terms here! I now define bad luck as pulling a 5 star. Any 5 star!

It took about 14 months before I got a HOTM or any 5 star from the gate. I got Vela, who will remain languishing at 2:60 while her special is restricted to “throws a bucket of wet noodles at all; irritates Fire heroes”. Followed up by Quintus and then Master Lepus. I’m done with 5 stars.

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea.

I guess kind of similar to this

I used to believe I was just unlucky at everything.
While financial success and awesome E&P hero summons continue to elude me, I’ve been fairly lucky lately in other more important aspects of my life. :smiley:

4 Likes

Started in june 2019, I guess Ranvir was HOTM back then. I got it along with Vivica and Grimm.

What was I as a noob (like level 5) to do with these high level characters and no ascension materials at all, no leveled buildings, no clue what to do :rofl: Luckily I did not feed them. I did feed bane though to Ranvir :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

My lucky story.

I started playing end Feb 2018. In April of that year I got an EHT from a chest. Did a pull and got some unremarkable 3*. Then there was a second blur and another hero popped out – Aeron, the HOTM. At first I thought the game had glitched. I had been playing totally solo up to then (non-alliance) and I had no idea what a HOTM even was. All of a sudden I had this extra second hero that WAS A 5*!!! OMG!!!

Two months later in July the same thing happened with another EHT and I found myself with a Gregorion.

My unlucky story.

1. Look at the two HOTM between Aeron and Gregorion. Who would you rather have?
  2. Next HOTM was almost two years later.
3 Likes

Have you seen the percentage of 5* in your tc20? That’s good luck. Compare with mine below.

TC20 Total Results
543 pulls (duplicates indicated)
5* = 22 (4.1%)

1 Like

In theory you could play your entire life and never get a 5*…

(God forbid!)

3 Likes

My TC20, thats where i suffer the most.
Since very first day i have upgraded my TC into lvl 20, i havent got single 5* so far.
Atm 130 pulls and counting.

3 Likes

Lucky - Joon as my first pull from TC20.

Also Lucky - every HotM from Dec 19 through April 20.

Not lucky — yeah… that tc20? Currently at 4.10% in 122 pulls

Not lucky — chased Clarissa. Hard. I did 170 pulls in May and got only 2 5* - Ariel and Atomos. Both from the first 30 pull. No Clarissa.

Really not lucky — by my estimate I’ve done 170+ pulls since my last 5*.

The last 4* ascension mat I got from any chest - raid/monster/Titan/war/special - was a scope on June 23rd, 2019

I’m level 69, Skip all the waits I can, open 3-4 chests each day and play every day.

5 Likes

Ouch :confounded:

Now that… is bad.

Does that include Mystic Visions as well?

1 Like

No, fortunately Mystic Visions have been carrying me through with just enough of a dribble of blades and tomes to keep me leveling something