How to set-up your team for the atlantis boss (hard)

Is your Grimm on the attack emblem path or the defense emblem path? He’s awfully squishy, and on hard, Ursena’s regular attack is no joke. It also fires every turn unless you can stun her. I think I’d stay with Drake, although I don’t have him for comparison.

Also, if tiles miss due to Wu’s special, do they still count for a stun? If not, I don’t think he’s worth the gamble. He’s already a bit squishy, is yellow (weak to Ursena’s special), and if he’s potentially costing you chances to stun her and keep her from using her regular/special attack, that’s a negative trifecta.

2 Likes

Yup, went defensive for Grimm but he’s still not a stud in terms of taking a hit haha. I could go Kiril-King Arhtur-Aegir-Rigard-Wu if I want more durability. Grimm’s defense down is tempting, maybe if I bring a Miracle Scroll.

For Wu, ghost tiles all count as hits but missed tiles (if you have that color on your team) won’t cause a stun. That’s why I was thinking of going 3/1/1 with blue because then I have more chances to stun with red and green. I like @zephyr1’s 3/2 formation but don’t have Viv to replicate that success.

Ended up going with Aegir instead of Grimm and it was a good choice. His healing and shared damage saved Wu a couple times and the elemental heal kept my blues in solid shape.

I totally forgot there weren’t mobs before the boss in this stage, that was a pleasant surprise. It took about a half hour to wear her down in “titan mode”, definitely a game of attrition. This is when I finally relaxed and knew it was going to be fine:

I think I spent more time worrying about who to use and whether I would survive than actually fighting Ursena :laughing::blush: had a lot of fun playing S2 though, well done SG

3 Likes

Congrats mate. Great team selection and with Wu getting prrotection from Aegir I imagine it was a breeze. My initial thought were leaving Wu out and taking Wilbur instead. With him inside you wouldn’t have to take a second healer but going blue is a faster way to victory with King Arthur.
I might even try going mono-blue just for the fun.

2 Likes

Boy, I’m really starting to feel snakebitten here. Three tries tonight. First try, Ursena and one of her minions both target Melendor with their first attack, taking him to critical and setting a tone of having to use items way too early. I still got her into the 45K range before Melendor died and I fled, hoping my next attempt would go better.

Next attempt, I had her at 55K or so and my Internet connection crapped out, wasting the WE.

Used a WE flask to fill a monster chest and take one more shot. Too late at night; probably should have just let it ride until morning. Couldn’t find enough green tiles to keep Skittleskull’s attack down active or Melendor ready to heal. Also had really rotten luck finding stun matches. Used too many items too early, but the attempt really never had a chance, and when Skittleskull died, I gave it up.

Like I said, I think this strategy will work, but I’m beginning to doubt my ability to pull it off. Really discouraged, and ready for bed. It’s not like I have a ton else to do with my world energy, so I’m sure I’ll keep trying, but I’ve all but given up hope of pulling it off before Thursday. Really appreciate your insight; it’s a strategy I wouldn’t have thought of. If Skittleskull and Melendor were just a bit heartier, it would help, but then again, if elephants had wings, more people would carry umbrellas. Good night all.

1 Like

Bring a rainbow of healers, revive scrolls, some mana, turtle banners, arrows and an hour of time…

2 Likes

Well from the way you analyse things I am sure that you can handle well enough the board. What others heroes do you have that may be not fully leveled yet?

Don’t think I wouldn’t have already done this if I had Boldtusk and Kiril (and had them leveled). I would take whatever time it takes if I could just keep everyone alive. Unfortunately, my only other healers are the Rigard I’m working on (not sure two purples is a winning strategy) and unleveled duplicates of Melendor and Sabina.

My current leveling projects are:

• Red: Kelile 4^64, with only another Kelile at 3^60 as a potential next project. Would love to pull Wilbur on Thursday. Not giving blades to another Kelile.
  • Blue: Boril 2^23, with Thorne 1^1 next in line. Boril will get emblems (up to maybe +6 or +7) when maxed. Also have two additional Grimms at 1^1.
  • Green: Caedmon 3^20, with a second Melendor at 1^1 or second Caedmon at 1^1 as best next options
  • Purple: Rigard 2^1, with Domitia 1^20 next in line. Also have Cyprian at 1^1, another Sabina at 1^1, and two Tiburtuses at 1^1.
  • Yellow: Poseidon 3^53, with probably Wu Kong at 1^1 (pulled this weekend) next in line. Also have Leonidas at 1^1 (pulled this weekend), two Li Xius at 1^1, and two Danzaburos at 1^1. Wu or Li Xiu could get emblems (up to about +6) if maxed.

I will get one more TC 20 pull tonight after my daughter’s preschool graduation. Right now, I’m running 2 TC 20s, so I get one pull in the morning and one in the afternoon every other day. Will probably do this until I have a potential 5-star rainbow team on my roster.

2 Likes

Leonidas would be a great option but that is for your future fights. I would probably focus on boril; fantastic 4* tank and his counterattacks would be a boon for your team. I would use him instead of skittle to give ursena a taste from her own medicine.
You can also find me in line as Thodoras if you want. After all ursena is still resisting and we have to find a way to overcome her.

Don’t I know it! Would love to start leveling him for class trials also, but the more practical approach is probably to start on Wu Kong between the time I get Poseidon to 3^70 and the time I get the darts to take him to 4^1. I think Leonidas could be pretty brutal in class trials and alliance wars at 3^70.

We are definitely thinking the same thoughts. I was already leveling Boril to replace Danza as my defense team tank totally independent of this fight. I’ve not had a riposte hero before, so I need to use him a little in class trials and alliance wars to get a feel for that, but there is no question he’s going to 4^70, and probably not even drawing Kiril would stop that.

I’m kinda reluctant to replace Skittleskull’s attack down, but she is almost always the first one to die in my failed attempts on Ursena (including last night, but I got lots better boards and got her down around 30K). An uber-hearty Boril should at least help keep me in the fight longer, and if I’m going to be relying on his riposte, the attack down could actually be counter-productive. I’m thinking Sabina and Melendor on the wings, Boril as tank, flanked by Danza and Onatel, since they’ll take (and reflect, with riposte active) the most damage from Ursena’s special.

I’m not on Line, but I intend to give updates here if I make any significant progress or need to kick around any new strategy ideas, at least in the near-term. May have some new options after Atlantis opens tomorrow. Should manage 6-7 summons between coins and gems before it closes. Fingers crossed for Wilbur.

I wrote my notes in another topic, but it could be helpfull who has fully 4* teams.

I’ve just finished the hard mode with fully 4* team in my first try. It was easy than i thought. It took 35-40min.

My team was ;

Melendor, Sabina, Boldtusk, Scarlett, Triton
(Minor Mana Potion, Mana Potion, Time Stop, Revive Scroll)

I didn’t use Revive Scroll, Just 2 Time Stop, 9 Minor Mana potion, and 1 Mana Potion.

It is absolutely doable with 4* team. The key point is you should go with health heavy team. And Scarlett’s attack debuff keeps your heros alive.

As others mentioned above the key point is keep your heros alive by using Melendor, Sabina ( or Rigard) You need minimum 2 healers. In my case i also have Boldtusk and Triton’s health boost is also valuable to keep you alive. You should check Ursena’s debuff (cleanse) counter and try to hit weak point as much as possible to stunn her.
Scarlett’s attack defuff is important too. If she fires you don’t get %100 damage so it keeps you breathing :slight_smile:
Good luck .

1 Like

hard mode with just one 5* so its duable

3 Likes

I would only concern for Scarlett because of her defense but with all those healers I think you had a solid team to compete Ursena

I used Scarlett because of attack debuffer (and very high attack ). She is my only attack debuffer.
Otherwise , if the Ursena fire and your heros’ health not full. Then most probably you will be killed.
But there are lots of option to design your team, the majority is ;
If you don’t have a solid 5* team , then you should go with healer heavy team.

2 Likes

Shes killed me five times… I can’t beat her with fours

Assets: Bold, Kiril, Melendor, Grimm, Rigard, Wu, Li Xu, Colen, Skittleskull all maxed

Wilbur 4-62ish Joon 3-70 Tarlak 4-40ish Dominita 3-70 Magni 4-20ish Elena 3-70

Other options as well that I can’t think of off top of my head… can anybody give me pointers to get her? Super frustrating to be so close to the reward yet so far away!

You could use,

Boldtusk + Melendor + Rigard + Skittleskull + Wilbur

Battle items ( Minor mana potion, Mana potion, Revive Scroll, if you have Time Stop or another mana option) It would be a long story , but it would work :slight_smile:

Thank you!! I will give it a try!!!

Screenshot_20190524-151137_Empires
This is team i used and got it first go

2 Likes

I would go Wilbur-Tarlak-magni-melendor-skittleskull just to have a more exciting battle with 3mana-1heal items but rapcoon’s team is a safer option.

Thank you I will let ya’ll know how it goes