How To Not Ruin A War Chat

Someone with a differing opinion really bothers you that much? Come on, man! Agree to disagree and move on!

3 Likes

I’ve always said that participating in war chats has probably been the most fun I’ve had playing this game. I’ve never seen sh*t completely hit the fan but I can see how it could get annoying real quick. Worst I’ve seen is when somebody fails to get a one shot/has their D get one shot and they decide to go on a mini rant about how their opponent got soooooo lucky. I also remember one alliance that was a sore loser but they just kinda stormed off. And there was also this one specific weirdo that somehow managed to respond to everything with a sexual innuendo which is usually cool but he dominated the chat so it got old.

I wish there were more opportunities to get war chats going.

5 Likes

Wasn’t an opinion until it was pointed out he was full of crap lol

Here:

Read that and then think real hard how you guys come across…

I watched my team get hit three times without a video. I should probably stay in chat then, hope something happens. Lol

Not surprised you screen shot it, sounds like you do that often.

You can’t even use your game name in the forum when takin shots lol

You obviously know i left the chat. But i definitely snagged grabs of the “lucky” comment, the “i don’t wanna watch…sigh” comment, etc before i left in case somethin came up and people wondered why i left

Anyways sucks that the OP applied to you guys, hopefully it’s a lesson learned and you move on

Or dwell on it, idc either way

Like i said i was keepin it anonymous and not singling blazing dawn out but you threw yourself and your teammates in the fire all on your own

1 Like

In-game is Kntmare, come find me anytime. My reputation doesn’t seem to be quite like yours. I’ve gotta give you credit, you sure seem to care a lot more about meaningless things than me.

8 Likes

Lol then why are you still in the chat and why did you even respond in this thread?

1 Like

Gents, if the war chat went foul then move on. No need to take it public. instead agree on how to improve it for the next time you face off and settle your differences on the battlefield.

If that doesn’t work then spam with Monty python & allo allo memes

6 Likes

Thanks

Was the point of the original post and went well…for awhile :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Sent to a few friends to show what sucks about 3-2 vs mono conversations, which by the way happened a fair amount of time before starting this thread…and wasn’t to shine a negative light. That’s a big difference from goin public and/or naming and shaming lol

3 Likes

let’s just compromise and agree that 4-1 is the way to go :smiley:

Too many people take themselves too seriously.

4 Likes

Idc what anyone uses

Honestly truly don’t

It’s the way the discussions are conducted and how people convey their points and make up crap to back up their point that’s irking

A simple “i prefer 3-2” or “i prefer whateverstylehere” is plenty without

“Well 3-2 has a higher success % than mono, it’s in the numbers that i haven’t run myself or even bothered collecting data on, if you just look at the imaginary explanation i pulled out of my a**, you’d see that it’s true because so n so from allianceX said it is”

Lol

2 Likes

11 Likes

You need more suggestive pics of coming mod action…

9 Likes

There have obviously been issues with other war chats… I know of a few leads that I’ve approached in the past who have declined the request because of bad experiences with other teams… whether it was unnecessary ridicule or blantant disrespect. It’s a shame that something that can bring groups together for some added fun has been used to accomplish the exact opposite.

14 Likes

If you can’t congratulate the other team, laugh off your poor performance, and keep from telling people how your strategy is much better and they just got lucky, maybe war chat isn’t for you.

Also, mono rulez (see, I put a z on it because I’m hip and young.)

3 Likes

I don’t join war chats anymore. I’ve never enjoyed one. In my experience they are always one sided. I post all my hits, even my fails in good faith. Watch my team get hit 6 times and the only video I receive my team dies after 2 tile moves and specials fired. Pointless. I wish war chats were fun, I’ve been excited for them in the past but at this point my optimism isn’t the same it used to be :cry::sob:

1 Like

Back to the OP, At Helios’ level (130/160 alliance rank) I have generally found war chats to been exceedingly pleasant.

Helios had a very rough war when we fought @Rook and @JonahTheBard as we were going through some growing pains as an alliance. Even as rough losses happened, most shared their videos, the chat was so packed with memes and joking that the outcome was almost secondary…almost. I personally still hate that I :poop: the bed in a war with friends.

Earlier this week we war’ed with @Razor 's Batman DK. there was fantastic back and forth, an appropriate amount of :poop: talk and generally a great time was had by all.

We had one chat that got a touch awkward as Helios was matched with a friendly alliance (withholding the name). I would guess that this war was on the outside bounds of war matching. Helios was dramatically OP for them and by the halfway point the outcome was obvious. despite that, the other group kept having fun with us and helios was humble in our defeat.

I guess the most common thread to all of Helios’ successful war chats is that it was light-hearted. Lots of memes, jokes, banter, and honest complements on team setups, victories, etc.

Maybe the top 100 is dramatically different from 101-200… I love war chats. we always have fun. I;ll be bummed if they start sucking.

4 Likes

Did they actually say that or is it possible that you creeped em out with your overzealous forwardeness?

Was it a:

“Would you guys like to have a war chat?”

Or a

“Omg omg omg, you guys speak english! We would soooo love a war chat with you guys, i can make it happen now if you’d like! I’ve already made the room, sent the invites, chose a wallpaper and thumbnail and everything! It’ll be absolutely fabulous!!”

5 Likes