How to help our volunteer moderators

So if when a post of ours is flagged we could get a “ ping” on our record? So, who holds the record for most Pings? I think we should start a poll to vote on who’s in the top 10 and then release the data!! Maybe, start some categories for the forumns with yearly rewards; MVP- most likes from posts, Ironman-for the guy who spends most time on the forumns that calendar year, “King Ping”- well for the flag gatherers… might make the forumns more fun

1 Like

Most of this, apart from flags, is publicly available on the ‘users’ tab.

All I’ll say is @zephyr1 might as well collect the trophy now! :trophy:

4 Likes

I’m just outside the top 20 for likes received in 2019 (the race is on) but I’m higher than @Petri.

Who me? Competitive? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Does this line of discussion belong in the “How to help our volunteer moderators?” - I think NOT! Flag pending for being off topic :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

You’re third for reading.

So, well done :smirk::+1:

5 Likes

Thoughts on this :thinking:

1 Like

Good thinking :thinking:

That’s why we pay you the big bucks :moneybag:

1 Like

Been here for a few months and haven’t flagged anyone yet. Once I do figure out how to do it I’ll probably just save my allotment for Rigs. He seems to get a kick out of collecting them, kinda like hero cards.

2 Likes

I keep trying to flag him but most of the time I’m either agreeing with him or laughing too hard.

4 Likes

He does make it difficult to disagree

1 Like

Only fair to tag him into the conversation @Rigs - lol. :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

The most poetic of justice would be if you could flag @Rigs into the conversation

2 Likes

Then when he replies we flag him as being “Off Topic”?

2 Likes

Congrats @JonahTheBard on the reinstatement of moderator. Wondering if I should make a separate post :thinking:

Edit: yeah… Why not!

3 Likes

Often when players are looking for a new alliance they don’t indicate that they’ve found a new home and the “now dead” topic gets revived by alliances answering them.

I’ve often wanted to ask the OP if they’ve found a new home and if so, should their thread be closed. I’ve hesitated because I didn’t know if it was my place to do so.

QUESTION would it be helpful if I (and other regulars and/or members), were to follow up with the OP, or would mods prefer to do it themselves?

@zephyr1 @littleKAF @Rook @JonahTheBard

2 Likes

It is helpful, and some people do it pretty often.

If the OP subsequently confirms they’d like the thread closed, then you can flag their post with the “Something Else” option to let us know to close it. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I use flags regularly in Alliance Recruitment, I confess. More often when I’m recruiting, oddly enough :thinking:.

3 Likes

Just today I got one of these. In December, I asked about closing a thread. Don’t know why - could have stumbled upon it myself or could have been flagged. Just today they replied and said it could be closed. I closed it and also unlisted it (so it doesn’t clatter up the category - I’ll do this for personal alliance recruitment threads when done as they don’t help others over the long term).

So yes, it helps.

4 Likes

Moderator Translation - Guvnor
Hello,
If this message can serve as a petition then I absolutely agree that, what is characteristic of man is not moderation and that you all deserve moderators, a remuneration for the efforts and the time that you go to do it in place of many and thus rotate the box, if you were not there, there would not be as many shares on this forum and it would decrease the number of players on SG.
I would like to thank you, it is thanks to your dedication that I can share and receive :+1:

Bonjour,
Si ce message peut faire office de pétition alors je suis absolument d’accord sur le fait que, le propre de l’homme n’est pas la modération et que vous méritez vous tous modérateurs, une rémunération pour les efforts et le temps que vous passez a le faire à la place de beaucoup et ainsi faire tourner la boite, si vous n’étiez pas la, il n’y aurait pas autant de partages sur ce forum et cela baisserait le nombre de joueur sur SG.
Je profite pour vous remercier, c’est grace à votre dévouement que je peux partager et recevoir :+1:

7 Likes

Reading through this thread I like the “flags not tags” mentality.

Lately I’ve been flagging duplicate threads by posting the existing topic as well as the padlocks thread. Am I being too much of a jerk? Too passive aggressive?

Cookie Settings