How to avoid future Nerfs

I am game for reverse engineering nerfs. We should never talk about great heros in our roster and more focus on 3 and 4 stars for now on. Never discuss stellar 5s and hush the forum, mute the vocal ranters and the amazing Jade, Mok-Arr and Salmon Loki from now on! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The main things saving certain heroā€™s from Nerf

1. SG still want to make a lot of money on that hero.
  2. Not too many people have that hero.
  3. The hero is not dominating the top 100 and diversity is maintained.

Points 1 and 2 can be affected by 3 with regards to SG decision making process.
If a hero is owning, and people start complaining about leaving the game because of a certain OP Hero, then it can put their head on the chopping block.

So i just thinkā€¦ If you want to avoid Nerf and protect your hero, keep an eye on the top 100 defence, if you see every one starting to put the same Hero and people start to complain about that heroā€¦simply remove it.
We have the power to avoid Nerf. We also have the power to create a Nerf.

I believe Frigg and Odin nerf was of our own making.
Remember when everyone out TGMā€¦ What happened
Everyone put Xmas family. What happened.

How many times have SG stated a Nerf is to maintain diversity in top 100 raid defense teams.

Some of these Nerfs are of our own making.

1 Like

Rolling a bunch of blue against Ferant maybe is your problem. Seems like a death wish.

Try to roll all green next time you face a Ferant tank. Make sure to bring a dispeller. Then just blast him over and over with green tiles. The damage dealt is so low that the bounce back damage doesnā€™t kill you like when you roll blue. He is a total tile dump then. Then fire off your dispeller (typically Melly in 4*/5* tourney and war) right before you blow all your specials. Youā€™ve now probably taken out half the formation and maybe even the tank. Stacking Blue is a bad idea.

Btw, i just want to make it clear this topic is not about Ferantā€¦ Although that was good advice above.

There is a certain new deadly combination involving xnolphod, and i knew what was going to happen, hence the topic.

Just know , yes itā€™s deadly combination, and yes if the combination of these two heroes starts to dominate the top 100 then someone is up for the chop!
Itā€™s pointless me trying to keep it quiet as iā€™m seeing people have already worked out the synergy pretty fast.
Just a shame people canā€™t learn as fast about what leads to a nerf.

Milena is more rare and Iā€™m sure they are wanting to make a lot of money from herā€¦ So it will be interesting to see which hero gets the chop.

Orā€¦hopefully people learn how to try and avoid nerfs.

What gets me is, SG didnā€™t think about this synergy? Seriously? Iā€™m starting to think they are now doing it on purpose.!!

Xmas heroes & Ferant were nerfed because dominance spread to mid tier. Not sure about lower tier.

Unless Xnolphod starts becoming dominant in mid tier, and in regular raid defence, I donā€™t see SGG nerfing Xnolphod or Milena.

Both are pay-walled.

SGG are probably rubbing their hands in glee hoping that more will try to get at least 1 Xnolphod and Milena.

1 Like

It appears they are already starting to look at Xnolphod. Taken from the V47 notes.

BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS]

• Added a mana regeneration penalty to Absolute Resolve (Stage Property)
    • Absolute Resolve is applied in Tower events from Impossible Floor 30 onwards
    • This change prevents certain Xnolphod setups from unfairly auto-clearing Floors

Yes, but there is the other scenario, i.e. if the xnolphod / milena combination starts to be too dominant in the top 100 and players in top alliances that donā€™t have that combination start complaining to SG threatening to leave the game.
Or more people do get that combination and it gets nerfed anyway, due to lack of diversity.

Hence better to keep low profile.

How to avoid nerfs? There is a pretty easy solution. Donā€™t release broken op heroes into the game without listening to the beta testersā€™ feedback saying it is OP as hell just to make a metric ton of cash. That way the game wont be overruled by a selected few heroes so no nerf needed. Easy.

3 Likes

Yes, but we know they are going to keep releasing OP heroes into the game, because it does make them tons of cash.
The subject is about stopping them from then nerfing the hero you spent tons of cash on!

Maybe try not dumping cash to chase those heroes? Its not obligatory to break your piggy bank and its not obligatory to have those heroes. What happens if you dont get them? Maybe you cant get into the top 10 alliance (im in a top 100 clan myself without having key defensive heroes). Thats it, you wont get to the top on a virtual leaderboard. And yes there will always be other people who still keep paying until they get the hero they want, that does not mean you have to do the same just to keep up with them. Do what you feel fun, play your game not othersā€™. You cant hide if a certain hero is OP because others will use them regardless and that will show in the statistics. But you cant overuse a certain OP hero if you didnt break the bank pulling for it or got insanely lucky.

Thatā€™s just 1 event, or maybe Two. ToM n NT.

Thatā€™s not a real nerf per se.

A real nerf happens when that hero is rendered less usable permanently.

Xnolphod will still be fully useful outside of those events.

Yes, of course. They are a business. Their primary objective is to make more and more money.

Whether their strategy makes sense long term or shorter term, itā€™s their decision.

They just do whatever they want to do, in accordance with their business strategy.

Players have little say in their decisions.

Now that it is apparent SGGā€™s latest direction is a monthly balancing exercise, for some obvious reasons, itā€™s anybodyā€™s guess who will get nerfed next.

Best, as @Mr.Sabaton has mentioned, not to spend crazy chasing a hero since itā€™s possible that that very hero may get nerfed.

Who said i did? In fact i didnā€™t and i donā€™t.
But a lot of people do.
Thatā€™s why SG are doing this more and more , i.e. bringing out OP heroes and then nerfing.

Itā€™s not by accident anymore.

You are preaching to the converted, i am always telling people not to spend a fortune trying to l chase heroes, thatā€™s exactly why SG are doing this practice more and more oftenā€¦

Oops is not an excuse anymore, thatā€™s what beta testing is for SG. ! They are now releasing more and more buffs and bypassing the beta testers.

Remember TGV incident, all those getting nerfed when they donā€™t have that combination of heroes.
Iā€™m taking about combinations of heroes ,not individual heroes, i donā€™t have xnolphod, but other heroes may get nerfed because of their synergy with xnolphod.
That is the purpose of beta testing!

When i mention people spending a ton of cash i was agreeing with your statement.
I donā€™t be spend a ton of cash on this game, you made an incorrect assumption and went with it.
You are the one that mentioned SG do it to make people spend a ton of cash. I agree with youā€¦ That why they do it to make a ton of cashā€¦ But not from meā€¦!
And thats why i always tell people to not spend a ton of cash going after an OP hero.

No i didnt make any kind of assumption. Where did i say that you specifically are dumping cash into the game? I didnt say that anywhere, you just took it personally. Its a tendency generally in the player base and until this doesnt change, SG will keep doing the bait and switch.

Iirc, some beta testers apologized for GTV because they hadnā€™t tested that. I donā€™t blame the beta testers because it isnā€™t their game. I do recall some beta testers enjoying the adulation for posting screenshots of yet to be released heroes. And a culture there that focused on mini beta wars. There was also the time a player got accepted that didnā€™t know def drop and elemental def drop stacked while a leader of a top 5 alliance was denied during the same admission period. There was also the ability to farm a board in beta, flee and have it appear as the next board in game. Are beta players improving the heroes prior to drop? Yup. But they arenā€™t responsible for game balance.
As long as players accept this (by paying and playing), it is unlikely to change.

I avoid future nerfs by never being able to get any heroes in danger of them.

5 Likes

Any and all nerf has nothing to do with game balance. Nerf is first and foremost to create demand for better, newer heroes released by SGG. Whatever ā€œbetterment to the gameā€ SGG sold to you is just packaging.

2 Likes

I understand. I am not suggesting that this a nerf of Xnolphod. Only implying that they are watching the character because players figured out a loophole in tower gameplay. Once a character is under the microscope in one area, it is not unfathomable to believe they will be paying attention to how it is used in other areas.

Thatā€™s why they inserted that extra difficulty in both towers.

SGG is trying very hard not to have to nerf Xnolphod on account of his profitability.

I donā€™t understand why they couldnā€™t have foreseen this happening.

And why penalise players who spent good money for >1 Xnolphod ?

1 Like