How to add a forum link to desktop (android)- Solution in replies

When the forum is first opened and logged into, it offers an add to desktop option. If you accidentally miss the opportunity, is there another place to do this? Silly question but my son recently joined and opted not to do this.

Thanks.

If you mean Desktop Notifications, the setting is available in Settings > Notifications, under this section:

1 Like

I added the forum as a bookmark. When it is open it does send you notifications and a little “ding”. I know you can add the forum on an android as its own app. Not sure about an apple.

2 Likes

Hi zephyr, I want to add it as a bookmark/app so it’s not in browser mode. When you first log in on a new device it offers the option, then it runs like it’s own app, though I believe it’s still using the browser. Will just try to add as a bookmark, as Hrairoo mentioned, and comment if it works. Thanks for the reply. It’s on my son’s phone so not sure when I can try.

1 Like

Thanks will try that ASAP.

2 Likes

Both use the browser.

I prefer mobile version on iPhone because it is optimized for iPhone

(Uploading (Downloading) pics and videos to the Forum - #11 by Gryphonknight)

But if you are running mobile Chrome, you can request the desktop version

([iOS, iPhone] Switching between mobile forum and desktop forum on mobile Chrome)

1 Like

Guess it depends on your phone type and browser you use…

2 Likes

On iOS you can add a link to the home screen so it looks like an app, but this takes up valuable screen real estate.

I have a lot of forum links.

For example.
I stalk, er, follow the Devs
( [Forum tip] How to stalk, er, follow the Devs)

Using/ searching forum bookmarks
([Tip] Searching your forum bookmarks, pinned topics, categories, other users, etc. OR Useful search modifiers- Updated)

I set notifications for updates
([Subscribe] Subscribing to the #news-announcements section - update with Beta applications)

See what Garanwyn liked recently
(Profile - Garanwyn - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

Or Petri

(Profile - Petri - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

What is popular in voting
(https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/c/ideas-feature-requests/l/votes)

I have an ego links ( substitute your forum user name ). Also useful when returning from vacation or a forum break.

(Profile - Gryphonknight - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

There are more, but those are the most general

3 Likes

I am using android. Just logged in to the forum, switched to mobile view from the forum menu and it asked to add it to the desktop. Problem solved. Thanks for all the input. :smiley:

2 Likes