How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis

I have spent around 350$ I got Joon, Delilah, Lyanna and Onatel 8+ times… And yeah 3 Holy 5S do fck me… But with Lyanna I’m happy.

As for 4S, several times BT, Wilbur, Proteus, Tiburtus, Kiril, Wukong, Melendor I’d say most of them…

Amen to that, those .99 cent for 200 gems deals pop up you better snag those up. Or the $1.99 for 400. All day long if I could.

I say spend what ya want, when ya want. Your money, you made it. Do as ya please

I have spent 342 dollars over 10 months with a careful budgeting plan that me and my alliance mates made for all so that we could pitch in together and make sure to have monthly events so ftp players have chances to win google/iTunes cards to do with as they wish.

my roster was so so until Christmas time when i bulked up off those specials. timed my rolls and wow, I now have a decent roster to work with and have not event spent close to my budget since Christmas nor do I see any reason to anytime soon.

I have spent 7000 euro… :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::euro::euro:

Buying Emblems will kill this game

cough cough* What??? What are you doing for living?

That’s just short of 8 grand here in the US…I’m gonna assume you really like this game or have been playing since its inception, then it’s not so bad…I’m usually spending 100-200 per month

I’m sound engineer

Ok. Congratz, then! I definitely don’t have 7000 EUR to spend on a game :joy:

My hobby gaming… so

Thanks small giant team

Maan that’s too much haha but hurrah for Engineers, my hobby hobby is photography and it’s a very expensive hobby which is why when I think on spending so much on a game I think that I can buy a new lens with that money.

I spent around 350-400$ in 2 weeks as new player of E&P but I don’t think it’s the way (cuz of the results) I would keep going like 30 per month maybe.

But it’s definitely up to the payers budget, wheni started working I was making 600-1200$/month and I would have never spent on a game that much but now I’m freelancing field engineer and I charge 65-85$/hour. So whenever I feel bad about spending on games I work overtime haha and since I’m in Controls nobody understand what I do.

Of course my wife doesn’t know I’ve spent that much on a mobile game. :grin:

Respectfully Dante, we don’t really know who is playing this game. In 1972 Into to Cal was the most advanced class you could take. Prior to that it was basic algebra. If they are willing to try to follow you and learn, take it as a complement. I was in all advanced mathematics classes during my time. My son is a mathematics major and know a senior. Upper level theoretical math gives me a headache, so even if you can’t see the praise, respect your elders! :sunglasses:.

Thank you Thank you Thank you :clap:. Last time I was here I did not read the replies. I have now read several and I am disappointed in several. I have been bragging about the players of this game to every one I know and that is a stadium full. This string is not what I would have ever expected. But, that’s on me. It is obviously time for me to get more involved. I have been waiting for a full and comprehensive understanding of the whole game but in maybe better for me to begin earlier then scheduled.

most people are willing to learn, that’s why i still bother with what’s becoming a vitriolic bs forum. however there was a bunch of folks, who even when presented with the logic and math behind the simple concept that the more tries you get, the better your cumulative odds are, still declared “i don’t believe you, you are wrong” without any coherent reasoning. Stupidity and ignorance are not to be respected, regardless of age. if someone is really trying, they deserved to be helped. But that was not these people.

Most people ask and they already have their answer ready (not willing to learn or listen) so unless you tell them they are right, they will keep saying NO to any answer that they dislike.
Fallacy.

How many pull x10 for one HOTM

Somewhere between one and infinity

For each pull, you have 1.3% chance of getting the HOTM as a bonus. That equates to on average one every 77 pulls. However you could just as easily get it with luck in your first 10 pull, or be waiting over 200 pulls.

It is, unfortunately, just luck, or lack thereof, that determines whether you get the HOTM

PS this does not apply to the daily summon, or the troop summon portals. You can’t get the HOTM there

@francismarin66 I moved your question to a thread that can help answer it. :slight_smile:

As @Infinite pointed out, there’s no amount of Summons that will guarantee a HOTM.

For more information on how the Summoning odds play out, I recommend you read the whole of the post at the top of this thread.

As many as it takes, it could be 1 pull or 1000 pulls or somewhere in between and that is a fact

I remember last year when Zeline came around I was so desperate for a green 5 with a debuff I did 25 10 pulls (you do the math…) and didn’t get her. I was pull my own hair out mad over that one. After that I promised I would never chase another hero again, they would either fall to me with what I had or could spare, or I’d just go without. Most Hotm’s using that method I haven’t gotten, but I’m okay with that. I think the things that need to be kept in mind before really getting into this game is 1) remember, it’s just a game. A game is something you should have fun with, and if you’re not having fun well there are literally thousands of other games out there, surely some will offer the fun you are looking for. 2) This is a long haul game. Sure you might get that shiny new hero, but it still might be months before you can fully ascend them and by that time you might not even want to because you may have gotten someone even better. 3) Don’t go nuts. SG would gladly take all your money if you let them, and while they’re driving around in their Ferrari’s, you’ll have a handful of digital characters in a game you might not even want to play a year from now.