How much money did Telluria bring SG? How many Tellurias out there?

In my allience, nobody have telluria.

A player has an order of 10 summons per month without paying at all. Multiplied by about 1.3% you get that more than 10% of the active player base have it without paying.
The income does not come from those who have it. It comes from the very small portion of the players who MUST have it.

1 Like

How do you get those ten free 10 summons per month? Please I am interested

2 Likes

About two from free gems. About two from Atlantis and Valhalla. At least two from costume summon. About one from the monthly challenge. More than one from EHT.
You get the order of magnitude.

1 Like

Free gems don’t amount to 600 per month.A little less.
Atlantis gives less than 100 free coins/month.
EHT I don’t get more than one per months free, where is that? And remember that EHT were spent at Christmas.
You have to take into account that starting players don’t get good results at tournaments, events, titans etc because they are limited by their roster.

And for some gems are spent trying to finish emblem quests, events, etc. Those 75 gems to try again.

Some of the daily gems come from watching advertorials, these are not free stuff, SG profits from them.

I am clearly getting more than 600 free gems per month.
The rate I get EHT is clearly higher than once per month.
Newer players get a bit less on the monthly challenge but much more Atlantis and Valhalla since they are clearing the map for the first time and these newer players spend their EHT as soon as they get them.

Anyway none of these comments change the order of magnitude of the calculation. Keep in mind that your original 10% assumption is just an order of magnitude by itself. I suggest you try your own pessimistic calculation and see what you get. It will lead to a similar order of magnitude.

By the way I am playing this game for a bit more than four months as a f2p.

Edit: the advertisements indeed yield profit to the designers, but these profits are not tied to Telluria. It happens regardless of Telluria.

By the way I am playing this game for a bit more than four months as a f2p.
Good for you, I will do it from now on.

Read carefuly the first post and see that it already has taken into account free summons.

Let’s see: if everybody used it’s tokens to draw Telluria, that would amount to 5-6% of player base that got it free, that’s right. So that leaves 4% out of 10% Tellurias that are paid in full, that is 40 000 Tellurias . 25k gems/Telluria means let’s say 250 euro/Telluria. 250euro * 40 000 = 20 000 000 euro. Exactly what I said in the first post.

Sure there is a monthly revenue, but those months were special because Neith and Grimble are lackluster heroes and people waited and spent for the good heroes. Like vela and especially Telluria. Well, how good they would be in a month or so?

Now, just imagine you have a customer that gets you up to 20 millions euros. With minimal effort. How would you treat him? Ignore his opinions, replacing his product with the inferior one, appealing to the contract fine print? Would you ask him for more money the month after and expect to get it?

Consider this…

That SG makes noise about this while Clarissa - the other potential Paladin Tank extraordinaire - is ripe for the pulling. You can hedge your bets by laying down even more money in case the nerf ruins Telly.

This is tactical, timing it at about a month later. Aegir took ages to get fixed. Also noticed the abundance of expensive Tabard deals to coincide with Clarissa.

Sad money grab by SG.

4 Likes

Here is an eye-opening indicator:

4 Likes

I see that you are very convinced that an order of 10% of the player base is willing to pay 100 euro for Telluria.
It seems to me that you have an objective in this post and that I am interfering with this objective. I apologize for this. The stage is yours.

Our alliance of 14 averages 50/week per person. I can tell you that we have 5 Tellurias and we spent heavy to get the hero. (We are ranked in the 40000 range as an alliance)

I think many people are astonished at how much money is made in micro transaction games especially when compared to console or standard PC games.

IMO, I actually think the top 1% of players pay 500/mo,top 10% pay 100/mo the next 50% pay 10/mo…and the rest are f2p.

These numbers by OP seem okay as a “judgment”.

SGG got their huge payout by putting out these heroes and can spend now all their time rebuilding game balance and get ready to do it again…there are more payouts coming.

Follow the $$$$$$.

I did the math explaining twice.

Gems cost of one Telluria is 250 euro. I put 100 euro as an average because some gems and summons are taken free, as you said and as the first post mentioned. This does not mean that 10% of the players paid 100 euro each, please don’t put words into my mouth. I’m sure that you know how average and percent are calculated.
If Telluria has a 1.3% summon rate, that doesn’t mean that each player that got it made 76 summons.That means that for each Telluria received there were on average 76 summons. Some spent one summon and got her, some spent 10 summons and didn’t get her, some spent $400 to get her.

If you see some wrong calculus, please do tell me what is wrong.

I think they should give free 5* hero or two for everyone that has Vela and/or Telluria. I am taking Alfrike. Thanks a lot!

10 Likes

That’s absurd… there are around 170k players in diamond league. Out of these, I supose a few hundreds, or doesens, more likely, might have chased Telluria in march, but no more. 200k Tellurias would mean every diamond player has her and also 30k players who are not diamond. I don’t believe that for a moment. I think maybe 20 k players have Telluria, not one more, out of which a great number got her without chasing her, just as any other HOTM. So, except for a few addicted players that do this every other month, I don’t think anyone in their right mind spent 100 € to get her.

1 Like

There aren’t any Telly’s in my alliance, I don’t think anyone particularly chased her (or would any HotM).

For context, we are an active CTP/FTP mid-level alliance fighting 7/8* Titans - I’m the only one who uses the forum - I imagine there are (tens of) thousands of alliances like ours out there.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know. @Petri maybe you have the data

Alfrike, for those with Telluria and Telluria / Vela. Dawa, for those with Vela only… You don’t see anyone complaining about the nerfing of Vela or how much they spent to get her :wink:

To make your calculation even more convincing you might also show how to calculate the rate of free summons. Don’t forget to add costume summons and coins that come from first cleaning Atlantis and Valhalla and people who spend their EHT especially for Telluria.
Afterwards the calculation would be even more convincing if you provide sensitivity analysis. I.e. show how your conclusions changes if it is not 10% of players have Telluria but say 7%. Alternatively you can show how 10% is a good assumption but 7% isn’t.

Anyway, no need for such an effort for me. I already understand that you are convinced. You might wish to provide such calculation to convince others.

2 Likes

Not here, but trust me, in nerf thread it’s different. But those are dangerous waters (pun intended)…

probably because: you gain 2 or 3 gold coins per month, you can acheive easy more 2 or 3 pulls in the month event. You can gain easy more 1 or 2 gold coins in event. You can gain some 100 to 200 valhala coins per month, just playng normal and more 2 to 3 pulls in the costumes…in all of those pulls you have % to pull HOTM. (sorry any mistake, not english)