I am up there myself young lady!

You mean like…

Updated events
Updated seasonal events
Season 3
Costumes
New buildings

5 Likes

I think as long as Zynga and Small Giant are willing to invest in it and help it evolve with technology advancements, then it will continue to exist. Candy Crush is going on 8 years in April with the same type of mobile app-oriented simplicity as Empires & Puzzles, but you also have The Legend of Zelda, which turned 34-years-old right at a month ago, and you see how it changed over the years. If Zelda had started as a mobile app game, it’s hard to say where it would be or if E&P started in a 1970s or 1980s gaming system, you might still see it around.

depressing really but if zelda had started out as a premium mobile game, exactly as is, it would have made a couple hundred bucks and been dead on arrival. we are lucky there was an era before microtransactions when games like zelda could launch and be considered successful at that time.

there is a massive graveyard of mobile games without mtx in the premium games section of the appstore… :ghost:

1 Like

This what i mean

1 Like

Empires is here to stay as long as they invest in their company, EXPAND their software team (despite their name), enhance their product, and improve on what they’ve already done.

I would not spend money improving your troops. Do some hero pulls for fun but don’t spend $1000 on troops or something crazy.

Remember, there’s always someone out there better than you, and when you pay $$ to get those heroes and troops, you’re going to get matched up against them.

1 Like

why expand their software team? what does that even mean?

Hire more product planning, hire more engineers, hire for QA, and get more features into the product. I’m in the industry and while they pride themselves on being a small team, THEY NEED TO EXPAND, because they are sitting on truckloads of cash and not enhancing the game fast enough. This game could last a long time, but only if they put significant effort into it, but if it just slowly comes out, it’s going to stagnate eventually and people will walk away.

I say this as someone who was an engineer at a startup and we now have 80 people doing my job. And honestly, even at my place of work, it’s still not enough.

1 Like

In total agreement on Costume Chamber. Great way to give life to base group heroes (and I dig the concept) but I am spending to the point of frustration trying to acquire 5* attire. Just a very few points would make a big difference.

2 Likes

it’s definitely interesting right? the smaller dev studios like supercell, spaceape and small giant are not the dominant forces they used to be. the gigantic studios like timi (tencent) and netease on the other hand are crushing with with loads of content in their games. small giant might be the exception these days.

scaling your workforce massively is pretty difficult though- you run into all sorts of communication, culture and quality issues.

I think SG has done a stunning job on the sheer volume of features that have come out over the past year but I certainly wouldnt complain if even more features came out! :rofl:

3 Likes

It may be time for you to stop spending. If it’s bringing you more frustration than entertainment, are you really getting any value for your money?

5 Likes

I agree, that’s why it needs to be done now, because engineers aren’t productive for months.

My company went from 2 developers, to 5, to 10 for 10 years, now 30. At the time, I didn’t understand the need for more, but now I do and the truth is we probably need another 10-20 engineers and all the support that goes with that.

Anyway, that’s my answer to “How much longer will it last?”. It’s going to be popular for at least another year, we’ll see if it goes another 3-4. It could.

I gaurantee you that this game goes a decade or longer. even if all of the original players were to leave, zynga is probably spending 25-40 million every fiscal quarter on marketing this game- which is why there are always so many new players flowing in.

look at marvel puzzle quest- still shaking and baking since 2013 and it never hit the scale of this game.

but it will be interesting to see if sg grows into a bigger dev studio supporting more titles. they have some pretty talented designers there and dont need to only be doing puzzle rpgs.

Personally I don’t want to see them making other products, that’s only going to thin out their talent base, because what happens (and it happened with my company), they take the super star developers and architects from the main team (Empires) and bring them over to the new team to get them started, and then inject new guys into both teams. It slows everything down.

That’s an even tougher thing to do than expand their current team to enhance their current product more. Long term it’s a good idea, but you have to take care of primary income first.

I can’t help wondering whether certain posters on this forum, nay, on this very thread, actually play the game or just get their kicks making negative comments. I seem to recall there was speculation a while ago as to whether such people were paid by rival companies, but I doubt that. You don’t need to encourage some to rain on others’ parade. It’s a kind of intellectual vandalism, presumably making up for something missing in their own lives. I’m not nice enough to feel sorry for them.

I think they can go ahead as long as the internet is working because everything depends on it,so when the internet shot of then no more game like now for example I heard some rumors like because of the Corona Virus everyone stays home so the internet is on danger zone and can shot of,so who knows

So, pretty much the whole world is staying home now… i guess your saying it’ll be this week then.

Well, I’ve been playing for about 15 months and have noticed there is plenty of people that have played since the beginning and also plenty of new people starting. There is enough daily content to keep a fella busy and there is diversity. The game is pretty solid so I’m sure we will have a steady incoming of new players for years to come. Most people here on the forumns don’t realize how sharp the SG staff really is … buisness wise that is. They have added and diversified their income sources from the player base ( POV , selection of “deals”). They have made it possible to start this game at any giving time and be able to complete after a period of time by implementing “power controls”. A specific player will probably run the life of the game but the game life model will probably last ten times that average because of the model. Buy your troops guy… if your comfortable spending the coin- go for it

One important thing the fact that our spending ability is at the lowest now … business are hurt badly , staying at home with family ads more expenses, allot of pills and no income… and this will not end soon .