How Many Troops to keep?

Lvl 33 been playing since March.

I have saved one each of all 3 of the 3* troops of each color but put most of my feeders to the one with the most attack.

I also have 2 2* of each color but not necessarily of each type, discovered later that I should have more than one 2* troop for events when avoiding the reflecting color.

I have 1 of each 4* of all colors except the blue 4* which has eluded me.

I’ve fed 3-4* to each other without thinking I may want more down the line.

Should I be hanging on to more 3-4* or continue the seemingly endless lvling of what I have?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I would keep all 4* and focus solely on training them. Keep your 3 3* of each color. Keep 3 2* of each color. This is in case you want to triple any given color during events. beyond the 3 3* of each color, it’s fine to feed any additional 3*. If you ended up with more than 5 4* in a color, I’d say it’s fine to feed those as well.

3 Likes

my question is any one troop in each color better than the other? or are they purely just based on what you want defensive/offensively? i guess the best thing to do would be look at what the pros are using, eh?

1 Like

For 2* and 3* troops, the primary use is for events, which emphasize low completion times and thus high attack. So I’d say the attack troops are better there. For 4*, I think whether you use mana or crit troops depends on the hero and whether it’s offense or defense.

Situations where I’d prefer to use mana troops:

• Heroes with very fast or very slow mana (since the mana boost can shave off a tile of charge time at low troop level for them)
  • Heroes with HP-draining moves like Elkanen and Leonidas (since higher attack plus higher healing means better recovery using these moves)
  • For most heroes on defense teams unless it’s a fast defense-heavy tank or you already have a higher-leveled crit troop.
  • When you don’t have the 4* crit troop for that color.

For everything else, I’d focus on crit troops.

5 Likes

Do the troops power decline if you use them on more than one team? I have a 4 star troop and use them on teams 1-4, does it dilute the power doing that?

No it does not affect if you place them in multiple teams