How many Rigards are too many? / How many Rigards should I keep?

I think that as time passed you will get 5* heroes and you will focus levelling those 5* and forget about third and more copies of Rigard …

My recommendation is start as soon as possible with two TC20 to get all 4* and many 5*

Feel free to throw me in the stocks, but should it not be “How many Rigards are too many?”

Personally, I survive with one, but I’m holding a dupe in case I get his fantastic costume.

3 Likes

as f2p, if you have space for them, I don’t see any issue to keep them. They might be useful for wars if you don’t have a short stock of healers.
If you don’t have anything else to level up, that’s the same do it. But reevaluate this as soon as you get any 5* or if you get a new 4* healer

2 Likes

Haven’t got 1 yet :disappointed: But see a few people on YT videos who always use him in there war team! These are good players too def worth keeping a few as healers are kinda important plus the cleanse ain’t many around in 4* level

1 Like

How long do you think it takes to get all the required mats for a 5* hero, based on your experience?

Wow! Great feedback all. My main takeaway is that I wasn’t wrongheaded to consider more than 2, so that makes me feel better.

Good thought, and I agree. I’m usually rockin’ the Melendor/Rigard duo advocated by @Gryphonknight here:

Part of that is my lack of a green legendary, though.

Agree. I swapped out my usual Melendor for Kiril during Santa’s Challenge Advanced to counter Santa/Buddy’s debuffs. Worked pretty well. Kiril was another late-comer to my roster, but I love him.

:laughing: Are you sure? :laughing: Maybe my favorite response. I did ask “how many is too many”!

This is my thought. I’m in a very small friends and family alliance, and as the most senior member with the best roster, it’s my job to take out the best enemy team as many times as I can, so I can see needing a bunch of cleansing.

Ouch! I think I’d have quit before then. Congrats on finally pulling him. So glad the only classic four-star I’m missing is Kashrek, who is very much non-essential.

I’m with you on this, but I’m about out of unique options. See later in this response.

It’s getting a little tight, but I could definitely spend gems for a bit more space if it becomes an issue. It almost certainly will once I burn through all the summons I’ve been saving for Christmas (EHTs), Guardians (challenge coins), and January Atlantis (gems and Atlantis coins).

This is kind of the crux of the biscuit. I’m very deep in purple already with:

• Domitia +9
  • Sartana 3^70 (short 2 tabards)
  • Rigard +20
  • Sabina +20
  • Tiburtus +20
  • Ameonna +9
  • Cyprian 3^60
  • Tyrum 3^50
  • Balthazar 3^50
  • Gill-Ra 3^50

EDIT: Guess I should have mentioned my other duplicate candidates: Sabina, Cyprian, Tiburtus, and Domitia, all at 1^1, but I felt like if I were going to level a dupe, Rigard was the best option out of that group.

I literally finished Tyrum’s costume while typing this post, which is why this is a timely question for me. I do want to max Cyprian, but I only have 5 trap tools, and as I said, I hope to do a lot of pulls (for FTP; ~45 total) in January, so I want to hold on to those in case I get Proteus :crossed_fingers::pray: or Kunchen in Atlantis, or maybe Panther in Guardians. All long shots, I know. If not, I’m still thinking of holding the trap tools for when I get the tabards for Sartana.

Have been running 2 TC 20s constantly for months now. As you can see above, I’ve already got the two biggest purple prizes that come from there (Domitia and Sartana). Quintus or Obakan probably wouldn’t change the calculus very much.

Hmm. As someone with an undergraduate minor in technical writing, I feel like I should know the answer, but I don’t. Also, as someone with an undergraduate minor in technical writing, I am decidedly not offended that you raised the point, and I will be slightly embarrassed to have made the error if you are correct.

6 Likes

I have been playing around 2 years and I have 13 5* maxed and materials to level 9 more.
So I would say that 22 in 25 months.
So on average 6 months for 6 heroes
It means that at the end of 6 months you can level one of each color.

So, patience because it takes 6 months long.

1 Like

I don’t know what other healers you have, but I think 2 of each of the 4* healers are good (Kashhrek is the exception only 1 is fine), esp if you get any 5* healers to add to that. Vivica (TC20) and Ariel (if you get lucky through Atlantis coin pulls) also cleanse.

If you don’t have the other healers then keep several of the Rigards but hold off on maxing more than 2 or 3 at most in the meantime

Yeah I been playing about 9 months and have enough now to level all 5 colours. With a few 4* mats in change.
Plus the other mats iv used to level 15 4* and my 3 5* I’m working on.
Plus as you get stronger you can completely the events witch gives said mats required :+1:

1. There is no such thing as “overvalue” Rigard.
  2. I’d say 6 of him is enough, it gives you the chance to use him in all your war attacks if necessary.
  3. If you want to run 2 healers, I recommend bringing Sabina, Melendor or the likes, so you have a cleanser and a debuffer in your team (of course, nothing against 2 Rigards).

Just a thought.

3 Likes

So it would take about three years to have 6 maxed 5* purple (dark) heroes. How would that dissuade someone from ascending a third copy of Rigard for war purposes?

I’m curious, what do you do those 4-5 months in between getting all the mats?

1 Like

I have:
2 Rigards
3 Kirils
2 Bloodtusks
1 Melendor
1 Sabina

2 Likes

You know Rigard is a 4*, right?

20 wondering characters.

Edit, I saw you were just replying, so my question changes to @R0BlN.

I personally have 3 maxed Rigards with maxed costumes and use them in every war (even against purple tanks). I have a 4th one at 1/1. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, purple looks good! I like Cyprian a lot and he was actually really valuable in finishing the hard mode of Atlantis and still occasionally shines in a war where I feel someone made an exploitable mistake in their defense. But I agree with your plan - no harm in waiting and seeing for a little while.

By the time you get two more Tabards you’ll very likely have gotten 3 more trap tools (you’re at 5 now, so you can finish her and one other), so I wouldn’t worry about that much.

By the way, if you luck into the Rigard costume, this is a slam dunk to crank out more of him. The stats boost alone are probably roughly equivalent to a couple of nodes along the talent grid.

Lastly, on the is / are question, I wondered that too. I was okay with it, as it seems similar to saying, “I have 31 Rigards. Is that too many?” But I’m not a grammarian. I’d guess that it’s one of those things where one is correct (or maybe even both), but both are widespread in their usage and acceptance.

1 Like

He came to me after I already had way better purples, but I trotted him out in a paladin trial or two at 3^60, since my paladin stable isn’t very deep, and I was surprised by how much I liked him, even in a not-so-ideal pairing with Gunnar. Need to max him for that to be a long-term thing, though.

Would love to pull the trigger, but sure as I do, MV will turn up a tabard, and then I’ll be sitting one Morlovia quest away from maxing another legendary. If a couple of trap tools were in the completion rewards for Guardians, though… @zephyr1, any progress on getting those posted?

No doubt. Already liking what it did for Gunnar, making him more usable in class trials.

Maybe also a US/British English thing? I’m in the US, while Bard is “across the pond”, I believe.

3 Likes

my opinion is 1 is too many to have. they are only food on my roster

I am working on my 3rd Rigard.

Kiril I have 2 maxed and 1 at 60

Melandor I have 3 maxed

BT I have 2 maxed and 1 at 60

Healers are important and a bench is a great thing to have.

3 Likes

Currently working on my third Rigard (and my second costumed Sonya as my only other cleanser option for AW).

In my opinion, it depends on which other heroes / duplicates you have. If you already have three Rigards and get Proteus a second time, I’d prioritze Proteus as a second or third Proteus is almost equally useful in AW. If you already have lots of duplicates of all good purple 4* heroes and no 5*, then a fourth or fifth Rigard might be a good idea.

3 Likes

I don’t understand your question.
Yes, I know Rigard is 4*.
I have all 4* and 5* heroes you can get from training camps, except lianna…