How many 4* do you keep in your bench?

Sorry for the lengthy post… Been on the game for about 3 months. I have a decent rainbow team which i use to push the map as well as hit titans.

This is my rainbow team
Sabina 4/40
Magni 3/50
Boldtusk +4
Caedmon 4/40
Wu kong 3/60

On the bench are my other 4s
Sonya
Kashrek
Colen
Scarlett
Chao
Grazul 5
on lucky pull

I have about 4 3*s per color that i am also leveling up.

When I drew grazul, i thought to myself, i will eventually be able to field a 5rainbow team, and leave 4 to the 2nd-6th team (for alliance wars)-- and feed my 3*s? I guess.

My question is, for advanced players, how many 5*/4*/3* do you end up keeping in your roster?

1 Like

I keep about 30 best of 3* and all 4* and 5*…you never know😊

4 Likes

I have 12 maxed 5s and 5 at 3.70, 20 maxed 4s and a bunch on the way, 0 maxed 3s yet as I started all wrong and haven’t bothered to do them when I no longer needed them (have placed top 5% in 3* tourneys with unleveled feeders…).

I still keep all 5s I get but many will remain 1.1 or go to the academy, depending on what that turns out to be. Plan to level at least 30 4s and all new 5s I like.

2 Likes

I have 35 maxed 3*s lol, counting duplicates. That’s probably waaay too many over what I’d advice (which is around 15, 3 of each color or so).

25 is a good number too if you like color stacking mono for Challenge Events and raid tournaments

I have that many for challenge events and raid tournaments myself. Which is probably even excessive considering them. I’ll probably end up at 40 3*s maxed by the end of 2019

2 Likes

You will likely find that your needs will change as you play. If you have any interest in joining an alliance and fighting in wars, you will want a bare minimum of 6 fully leveled 4*s and 5*s of each color. Long-term (very long term, unless you’re willing to drop mega $$€€££$$) you’ll want 16 of each color. For now, I’d keep at least one copy of each 4* and 5* you pull, until you get a feel for how they fit into your playing style. And, for the love of all you hold sacred, don’t do like I did, early on, and feed away an extra copy of a HOTM. :confounded:

Edit: I don’t know why I replied to Kitten. This reply was meant for OP. Sorry if it caused any confusion, Kitten. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I have been playing the game for just under 2 years now
I got 29 maxed 4* and the 30th at their last ascend
With changes in challenge events and raid tournaments restrictions i can fight mono with any color i like
Same goes for the 3*
For the 4* currently am leveling no duplicates but for 3* i do

2 Likes

My main has grimm, Proteus, Sumitomo, Colen, Sonya (x2), Li Xiu, Hu Tao, Chao, Ameonna, Danzaburo, and Kelile. My alt has Tibs, BT, Kashhrek, Sabina, Sonya, Jabbar, and Scarlett.

2 Likes

I’ve been in for a year now if you want to compare.

The rest are 3*/4* and dupes to level and 5* that I will wait and see what the hero academy has for me.

2 Likes

I was C2p, now F2p, playing for a bit more than 1.5 year.

I have 33x 4*, all the vanilla are maxed and 31x 3* maxed, a mix of vanilla and Atlantis heroes essentially.

I have 9x 5* maxed + 2 others on their way, but still have 10x5* wich I don’t plan leveling because 4* mats are difficult to get so I keep them for a safe usage.

I have some dupes 4* maxed , Kiril, Grimm or 3*, Namahage, Gato…
I am still leveling some 4* (2nd Tibs, Rigard), some 3* (Bauchan recently) and even some 2* for the raid tournament.

I like variety and for wars, it is interesting to have choices.

3 Likes

4* are the backbone of the game imo. Yes 5* are great don’t get me wrong, but even though I now have 2 maxed 5* in each colour I still use nearly all my many maxed 4* regularly. A team with a good balance of skills and appropriately stacked for whatever situation is way more important than always using maxed 5*.

I have nearly every vanilla 4* maxed.

With tourneys, challenge events and class quests, depth of bench is a huge advantage, and 4* are easier to get and easier to level than 5* and emblemed are up to anything you throw them at :slight_smile:

9 Likes

8 maxed 5* (and 3 in their last ascension)
33 maxed 4* (and counting)
20 maxed 3*

And a whole bunch of partials at 3-60, 3-70.

Choice (bench depth) is super important, as DBC says.

4 Likes

1 of each 4*., and a couples of dups. Like tins, grimm, gormek,

1 Like

For war depth I have almost 30 fully leveled 4* half with emblems and have dupes of Jackal, Wilbur and BT, I have two 3* emblemed teams of the best hero’s and a few others fully leveled, when I start leveling my fives when done with all the fours I’ll pull the emblems off the threes and give to the fives.

3 Likes

I would save only 2 3* hero per color for special quests. The rest feed up to bigger heroes. Keep all 4* with no duplicates (feed these as well to 5* or more important 4*) and keep all 5*. Do not ever feed these!

1 Like

As many as you can max. Roster space is cheap and judging by the level of your heroes after only 3 month of game play, you are a pretty big spender, so buying roster space isn’t going to be a problem. I remember, after three month of game play I was getting close to maxing my first rainbow 3* team, only had a couple of 4* heroes and nowhere near enough ascension mats to ascend any of them. Of course, I’m f2p and that was a long time ago…You already ascended 3 x 4* and one 5* which seems amazing to me after only 3 month…

2 Likes

I keep at least 5 3* of every color for stacking up to mono. Last event I went rare with 3 yellow and 2 green, worked very well, so for me it’s necessary.

4*: I keep every 4* I get and some dupes/triples.
Maxed are 23
Triples: Kiril, and if I get another, Rigard
Dupes: Wilbur, Rigard, Melendor, Sabina, Sonya, Grimm, Agwe at 3/60 (had no other blue at that moment), Wu Kong <= those I will keep - and Hu Tao at 3/60 and some more unleveled, where I’m not sure if I keep them or not (greens, reds, yellow)
I’d double Boldie and Proteus for sure.

5*: keep every

Thanks. Im actually only c2p. Ive only spent on the monthly vip 2x. I guess i have just been pretty lucky so far.

I think this sounds like good advise. By extension, i should probably aim for 5 sets of 4* in every color then right?

Thanks for all your inputs. It really helps me set my goals. :grinning:

Yes, I think so, but on the other hand, 4* almost collect themselves in the roster, 'cause normally you don’t feed them often to other heroes :smiley:

But when I look at my heroes: a duplicate Agwe is nonsense, real nonsense. I like him with Wilbur and Wu Kong, so he deals some damage, but alone without them, he’s too crappy…should have fed him away, he sits at 3/60 and isn’t useful. So sometimes it might be better not to keep the dupes for the sake of having 5 of each color, if the hero is not good or doesn’t fit to your playstyle (for example, I’m really bad with slow heroes, I think I’ll never use a dupe of Little John, but I keep one maxed for mana slow down, sometimes it’s useful).

1 Like

Cookie Settings