How many 3*s have you leveled up?

0 3*. I fed them all away once I decided I wasn’t going to bother with Rare level on the events.
Just before anyone criticises that decision, it’s my game and my choice of how to play it…or not in this case :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How many 3* have I leveled up to max?
None.

I started on 4* early and have a nice roster of 4* and 5*. I have no intention of spending food and time on leveling up 3* heroes.
I do the events only for the completion rewards and I have no use for the 3* event completion rewards.

Currently considering feeding all the 3* away, like @SocialPariah and a friend of mine did, to nourish more valuable eaters.

1 Like

Events are really fun. I’ve prepared 16 3* and get 38 place in rare :wink: What is which is unfeasible in epic and legendary with the current 4* and 5* roster.

1 Like

I’ve got 21 3* heroes taking up space on my roster, all but two are level 50. Some have maxed SS, but most aren’t maxed. I’m wishing there were something more than event challenges where I could use them. If SG would make separate tiers of raiding, similar to how event challenges have 3*, 4*, & 5* max hero tiers, this game would get a lot more interesting. Well, for me at least.

You have to imagine that the developers have put in significant effort into creating a relatively large array of 3* heroes for Atlantis. Considering that in all prior expansions there there were a total of three 3* heroes created (2 Sand heroes and 1 Bunny hero). It will likely end up as largely wasted effort because players focus on the strongest heroes at the top of the power rankings.

If someone put together some ideas for 3* centric events / improvements on the Feature Request board, do you think there would be enough people to upvote it and get developer attention?

2 Likes

To the OP: that’s a great bench of 3*. Now stop and focus on 4*. You have nothing to gain by adds no more 3*.

Similarly you have little to gain by feeding those 3* away. The return is garbage. Hold the 3* for wars and challenge events.

You should prioritize getting TC20 running. While it does pop out the occasional 5*, what’s more important is the fairly regular stream of 4*, which is what you need now to move up the next step.

2 Likes

What you said about the leveling up the training camps is precisely why I decided to build a 3* Army instead of a 4 * or 5 *

3* Heroes are the highest level of soldier you can be guaranteed of producing. Epic 4* & legendary 5* are luck of the draw–lotteries where you use 70 or 120 recruits to maybe get a four or five-star.

I don’t play that game. I don’t do pulls that cost me $ or valuable recruits. I only invest in concrete things like guaranteed Rare (3*).

I built the Army I wanted & used 1* 2* & 3* to train them (level up). I have no regrets.

Squire Wabbit and Melia are my maxed 3*. I have not paid attention to 3 and 4* heroes since i got many legendary heroes in the very beginning. Been ascending them since. Also later on i recieved even more nice 5* event heroes like Red Hood and Yunan. Also got Aeron and Gravemaker. Those along with regular 5* heroes i have not been interrested in ascending 3 or 4 star heroes till now. It’s fun to work with new 3* heroes. Lately i’ve been ascending Gato. Ofcourse there are few important 4* heroes i’ve have maxed like Wu Kong and Merlin. Sonya and Boldtusk are about to be maxed soon.

This doesn’t really make any sense to me. 3* are a dead end. You will leave them behind very quickly. The only way to progress in this game, whether it’s raids, titans, the map, AW is to build out 4s and 5s. The drop rate of 4s on tc20 is 20% (though there is some suspicion that was changed with the release of season 2. We are gathering stats now to see if that’s the case). There is zero reason to spend resources on something you don’t need. If you can farm 8-7, that’s good enough for now IMO. And as I mentioned in 3 weeks on my 2nd account I already have 2 4*. I’d rather invest everything into them and my SH and TCs. 3 star have a limited life span and it’s extremely short.

I’ve been playing this game since May 2017 and have 8 maxed out 5s and 21 maxed 4s. My 3s haven’t been used in about a year. I saved them because I’m a pack rat but on the new account I’m just skipping right past as they were only useful for a few months.

2 Likes

Dark : Renfeld Balthazar
RED : NASHGAR
BLUE : Valen
Hello : Gan ju
Nature : belith berden

How does a formula 1 driver find time to play this? :smile:

1 Like

“Leave him alone, he knows what he’s doing”

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, my plan is to do just as you mention; prioritize getting to TC20 and developing my 4s and 5s. I don’t have many mats for the final ascention of 4s though…

I have 15 3* maxed out. Renfeld is of course one of them. Lol

They were useful when I started out (horrible pull rate of 4’s and 5’s in the start). Some of them were useful in AW color stacking for a few months. They continue to be useful in the rare events. I end up in the top 3000 so that’s an epic troop token, a world energy flask and some crafting materials.

The events can be fun. Going up against hundreds of thousands of other players and ending up in the top 4% without repeating all levels and barely using any items can give you a sense of accomplishment.

2 Likes

I made the same decision you did. I have 1 unlevelled 3* on my roster (Hisan). He seems kind of cool. Maybe one day.

This strategy is akin to Tiger Woods only entering the local golf club’s contests so that he can be sure to win. Sure, it’s a guarantee, but also a trap limiting yourself to low-value outcomes.

You say “spending valuable recruits” but I would argue at this point that using more recruits on 3* is wasteful. You are limiting your ability to succeed against bigger titans with more loot, to move up the raid ladder, and to compete in rare quests and challenge events.

Of course, this is a game, and everyone is entitled to play it in the way they enjoy.

2 Likes

From what I have read, Hisan is one of the best 3s…

3 Likes

Hi,
I have 12 x 3* leveled up so far, the most maxed with Special Skills :
Tyrum Balthazar
Bane
Valen, Graymane, Ulmer, Karil
Belith, Carver, Berden
Azar, Hawkmoon, Jahangir

I’m currently working on Chochin (x2), Nashgar and Gato.
When I’ll finish Delilah and Wu-kong and Gregorion , it will be Melia and Brienne. The last one, I pulled her recently after months of playing.
And one day, Ganju who is sitting at 2x20 something…
I like to play in events with the 3*, it’s another challenge I found interesting. So if I pull some new 3* at the Atlantis Portal, I will go for leveling them up sometime…
I hope SGG will be able to propose us some new events, challenge or raids (or something) only with 3* and below. I think it could be fun…at least for me…

1 Like

Marlenus, don’t you do the monthly challenge events? I’m working on a full roster of 5 3* heroes in each color explicitly so I can use anything up to a monochrome team of any color in the rare category of the challenge events.

I’ve been playing for about three months.

My leveled 3* are

-Gunnar (Team 1)
-Jahangir (Team 2)
-Bane (Team 2)
-Isshtak (Team 2)
-Berden (Team 3)

I’m still working on Belith (currently 3-31), Melia (3-29), Graymane (3-1), Vlad (2-27), and Brienne (2-5).

Others on the bench for possible/eventual leveling are Nashgar, Friar Tuck, Valen, Melia #2, Oberon, Jahangir #2, Berden #2, Renfeld, Gan Ju, Hawkmoon, and Balthazar. I’m at TC 13 now so I’m getting a lot of 3*.

Two of each color for events, not really interested in leveling more than that.