How Long to Wait Before Working on 5* Heroes?

I feel your pain though and I mean it! Took me a month to get Boldtusk ascended waiting on a Compass back in the day.

But it gets better believe me…

1 Like

Im lvl 45 Dont for me I only have 3 compasses (that’s buying the offer the other day for another 1) at the moment to be fair I did lose 3 months of play due to account in limbo and no Internet for a month. Plus didn’t complete sands as I had some stuff come up which took my time away from playing, but Compass always I lack.

For op I didn’t start to level my first 5* till about 9 months of playing I only have 7 maxed in a year and 3-4 months of play. As stated least have 3 of each 3* about 4 of 4* so complete events and farhomle etc… Also handy to have at least 2-2* at level 5 and 2-3* at level ten

I have been playing for just over a year, and when I first started, I was F2P. Progress was really slow, since I only had one builder, and I could barely get any 3*, much less any 4* or 5*. Because my roster was quite weak, I ended up training a few 5* (HotMs from Atlantis Rising) when I ran out of 3* to train, but levelling them was really slow (because my training camps were far behind), and I did not have any 4* ascension materials to ascend them anyway.

Anyway, I turned P2P about five months in, after deciding investing a bit of money to enjoy the game was worth it for me. I was then able to speed up base development and levelling up of TCs. But I decided to focus on building a deep 3* and 4* bench so that I could progressively complete Challenge Events, Seasonal Events, Rare Quests, and fight Titans. Now, I still don’t have any fully levelled 5* heroes (after 13 months of playing), with three early 5* still stuck at 3.70 by choice (they were Miki, Alberich, and Zimkitha) because they weren’t exactly necessary in my current pursuits.

But my 3* and 4* bench is quite satisfying now, with 33 fully levelled 4* heroes, and 46 fully levelled 3* heroes (some with Costumes), and I can now comfortably complete all tiers of all the Challenge Events without using a single 5* hero, albeit with the use of some battle items. I get to play all sorts of quests and events, though less competitively in 5* raid tournaments, and do quite well against Titans in my alliance. I honestly doubt I can do so if I had stuck to trying to finish levelling 5* heroes when starting out in this game. I am only beginning to seriously level up my 5* now (and I now have 47 5* heroes to choose from, and enough 4* mats for 12 such heroes after slowly collecting them over a year).

So, I think slowly building up the roster, progressing from 3* to 4* then to 5* is a good strategy, and certainly allows for more satisfying playing of the extensive E&P content.

2 Likes

General a 5* 4.80 equals 22.17x 3* 3.50 .

So 4.4x war attacks.

see links

Rainbow teams

(Wu Kong - Best Practices - #37 by Gryphonknight)

Trophies

(Trying to get my trophies above 1000 - #12 by Gryphonknight)

Depends on Roster

(Who to emblem? Kelile or Scarlett - #29 by Gryphonknight)

Old post, includes starter information

([Guide] “Rage Quit and back again” or How I learned to stop worrying (about 5* s) and Love the 4* s ( told in links )[ 1- 16 months, Manual, Road map])

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who weighed in! I really appreciate all of your input.

I always tell newbies in my alliance network the following facts:

• The game is designed for slow progress, short cut can be done, but it does not guarantee that you will be successful in building good hero rosters or that you will not get stuck somewhere along
  • Focus on acquired 4-5* heroes ascension is the start of disaster and frustration since you will have to sacrifice everything you can easily earn from 3* activities. Challenges, TOL and many more.
  • Stop ascension 4-5* heroes until you have 30+ of max 3* heroes before proceeding onto 4-5*
  • Use your 3* army to earn ascension materials from any activity available for 3*

Last but not least, ask your friends in your alliance which researches are useless and follow the advice to save food for something else.

4 Likes

Had to give you the like so you get the gong! Totally agree. I’m a 4 star player (a 5 star is like a practical joke to me), I have made my peace with it.

1 Like

I just got my Proteus recently and he has only had a couple of runs at +4 but I like his work. I just need to learn to work him but he is so much lower maintenance than Mist

It depends on the level of the tc you want to run. With 1 tc 2 running 24hs and 2 tc or 1 tc 11 should be enough to max the hero. The adventage of having 4 tc is that allows you to have more versatility to pick the levels that fit better to your context/ gameplay.

100% agree here, and even if you can finish the hero not all the 5* are worth the mats. At least not vs top 4* picks that are easier and cheaper to max.

I think that theres not a limit in the amount of 3* and 4*
You cannot be satisfied , im not and i have at least 30 3* and 30+ 4* maxed. My advise here is not let your roster idle, theres a world outside the 5* stars and while you keep growing your roster you realise you can perform better in events, tournaments and wars(yes , you dont need a full roster of 5* to perform well in wars, unless you play in a top 100/10 alliance , some of them i see that ask new members to have a mature 5* roster anyways).

So be patient an enjoy every step in the game , dont rush to the end game content

1 Like

1st year - 1*
2nd year - 2*
3rd year - 3*

:wink:

2 Likes

Not sure about that? How many people keep a Friar around? :joy:

Seriously though, you are right. There really are not that many 3 and 4 stars you don’t want to keep.

Friar costume actually looks pretty good. Never did really like the base version tho.

1 Like