How long in alliance?

About the baby titans in a new alliance:
We had the same thing. And … in a new alliance… with, say, 13 “original members” and the rest recruited members, baby titans provide valuable insights:

You will have 3500+ team strength members holding back … moving a few jewels and then stopping … so that all members can get a hit in. And get loot.

And you will have greedy selfish people yelling: If you do not free the titan for the kill NOW, then I will leave!

( uhm … goodbye and good riddance … )

Do not dismiss these valuable insights into the character of your members…

Oh, in the meantime, we have 7 and 8 * titans. AND wonderful people … a great team that knows the meaning of teamwork and friendship.

2 Likes

I wanted to second AnjaValkyrie’s advice about using line or some other secondary communication tool. Once someone is booted from the alliance, there is no way to contact them again unless they reapply and you accept.

We’ve had many instances where someone was booted and then a discussion took place on line. Once it was a terrible misunderstanding and we were able to make things right through that.

4 Likes

Bonjour, je joue depuis le mois d’Aout.
Au depart j’ai integré une alliance puis cette dernière à disparu.
Du coup, j’ai crée ma propre alliance. maintenant tout va bien cependant, il a fallut du temps à faire le trie pour obtenir de bon joueurs assidue.

Translation:

Hello, I play since the month of August.

Initially I joined an alliance and the latter has disappeared.

So, I created my own alliance. Now everything is fine though, it took time to sort out to get good players.

1 Like

295 days… one of my members…

1 Like

227 days in Project Mayhem alliance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice longevity! I wish it would also show how long you’ve actually been playing the game, too.

1 Like

I joined King of the North 151 days ago, 3 days after it started.
In that period we went all the way from 1* titans to get our first 10* 2 days ago and are now in top 30.
But the best thing about joining the right alliance is all the nice, funny and helpful people you get to know.

2 Likes

I’m a member of knights Honor, I’ve been there about 40 days. Was my first alliance and I got lucky. Leader is all about helping each player learn the game and never kills the titan, though he could easily everyday.

My fellow members are fun and love to cut up and have a great time. I’ve already made many friends that I’m sure I will keep in touch with for life.

2 Likes

I will third this. I use line and, if I had not had the line ID of a few of my Alliance friends, I would have lost contact with them for good when I moved on to another alliance. Now two of them have joined me in my new alliance and the others…well…we’ll see.

2 Likes

Thank you! And yes, absolutely! One little story to illustrate the point:

When 10 of us left our first alliance in 1 day, we lost contact with 1 wonderful guy who did not have line. We were looking for him like crazy in community chat. And he was looking for us like crazy. But never at the same time :frowning:

We made a little text … with my line id … and posted it every time we looked for him.

Finally, my buddy and the guy were online in the chat at the same time. And now, we have the guy in line. YEAH!!! It took us 2 months … and we were lucky! Very lucky.

And maybe our lost and found buddy will come and join us when a place opens at our lovely alliance.

This is a true story, dears. Do get your buddies’ line id’s!

2 Likes

If you’re on android and have e&p connected to a google play account, it will show you the day you completed the tutorial which should be a pretty close approximation. Also I think there are utilities that will tell you when an app was installed (on android).

Thanks for the info sopclod

Hi folks i started our alliance just on a year ago and we have had varying results. Five of us came from a broken alliance of which four still play since then we have kept 15 core members and are currently back at 30. When recruiting we dont have stipulations on cups or levels but on personality and tenacity. To stay you must attack eac titan. If real life gets in the way just say so, we not only dont kick you out but offer whatever support we can. Were a family as much as an alliance. Respectful of each other do not cross boundaries and remember its a game not a dating site.

You have to strike a balance.
For myself, I have stayed in my alliance since I joined it, since it fits me. I am an international citizen.
They almost all speak french while in chat, but always make the effort to talk to me, and provide guidance when a question is asked.
They use translators (which makes for some very funny “huh?” moments), but we make it work, and have a good laugh.
I’m relying on my french lessons from 40 yrs ago, without using a translator.
Just find an active group that fits your needs/wants, language is never an issue.

Just my 20 characters :wink:

Today is my one year anniversary in my alliance

Congrats :slight_smile:
That’s all it takes

Great stuff stick with it😊

I’ve been playing over three months. And 92 days in my first alliance (Paisley Power)

A few days in, the game had been encouraging me to find an alliance after I hit the level where I could, and soon after that I started looking for an alliance that would take me, knowing that the “top” alliances would have no use for such a new player, and not sure who would.

I stumbled onto the leader in global chat, and they were happy to take me. (Turns out they were taking anybody; I didn’t know that at the time 'tho) There was a group of about 10 who had left another alliance whose leader was mostly AWOL, and they were tired of watching 4* and 5* titans get away. And hard to kick members for not showing up and hitting he titan when the leader doesn’t! (Also turned out that starting a new alliance means accepting a bunch of people, knowing that some of them will work out, and some won’t. That first month our leader did a LOT of recruiting to keep us full!)

I went through the very rapid growth from 1* titans to 4* titans, at which point we slowed down and are now killing 8* titans, including our first rare titan yesterday. It worked really well–I grew with our alliance nicely, and somehow ended up being a co-leader too; still dunno how that happened! :rofl:

But I’ve found a great chatty, friendly bunch of people, with several who like teaching newer players/members how to play more effectively (I’ve gone from mostly learning to more teaching). And just having fun, horsing around a bit in chat too.

We’re not top-100, but I’m not ready for that either. I kinda expect we will get closer to that, given more time. Growing with the alliance has been a great experience, and I’m looking forward to more of that too. It is nice to be more stable now. We’ve got a bunch of 80~90 day members, a couple that just joined, and some in the middle.

And as somebody said earlier, I think I’ll probably be taken out feet first, assuming the game lasts that long!

2 Likes

Today will be the 154th day I am in my alliance, the first and only alliance I’ve signed up for since started playing.

From the interactions I’ve had with some of our members, it seems like we are in various age groups. A few of the longer standing veterans appear to be working adults or parents like myself and they have no issues pulling their weight or at least will not go absent for long. Our leader was probably still pretty young, and I am not sure why, I was made Elder approximately 5 days into the alliance, to this day I still think it’s because I am chatty and probably talk “old” in the alliance chat. In another thread talking about alliances, I’ve discussed how our young leader went absent to deal with real life issues he seems to be having and his last activity was almost 3 months ago. One of the older Co-Leader followed shortly after, not really sure if they are coming back.

Our alliance seemed to have come to a taking 1 step forward, and 2 steps back on the Titans (we all know 1 step forward does not necessarily equal a step back in terms of Titan strength). So approximately a month ago, I exercised my other right as an Elder, I did a culling of inactive members and things seemed to be getting better, the alliance wasn’t full, but everyone chipped in for a while.

Then, Summer is here (at least for us here in the northern hemisphere) and I started seeing our Titan hitting attempts dropped by about half. I am thinking the ones missing are the young lads/lasses who has gone on vacation (or there is a massive rage quit or lost of interest). Our only other Co-leader and Elder seem to be in this particular group and unfortunately this left me as the only member with any sort of managerial function who is still active and not being able to delegate duties to any other members.

So my current plan will to see how things go when autumn hits, the small optimist in me still hopes for the lost flock of sheep, er players to return to action, but if things don’t pick up, I am probably going to see if any of the currently still active members are willing to leave with me and form another alliance.

I’m in Dutch Dragonslayers for 286 days now. Seen the alliance grow from having trouble against 7 star titans to defeating their first 9 star titans.

I like it: an active alliance without the pressure of being truly hardcore.