How is this normal? Raid / War Loss when I die from Counter Attack BUT all enemies are also dead

From raiding and watching what causes a win or a loss. Simple observation

1 Like

I thought so…

How many times have you been in this situation?

You Know? It doesn’t make it right…

The raiding rules are what they are. Not liking them doesn’t make them unfair. I fight by the same rules when I attack as you do when you attack.

And I’ve had plenty of losses like that. It’s frustrating as all get out to think you’re going to win, and have counterattack or DoT kill your last hero in the same turn you kill the last defender. It’s frustrating to have a winning move set up and lose because time runs out. But that’s how the game is played.

2 Likes

Well, this is a very stupid rule…

@NPNKY just summarised what everyone has been saying.

Are you suddenly changing your position just because someone can summarise it authoritatively?

What do you mean changing my position? I’m not changing anything. I’m well aware of the game rules, I just say this one is flawed.

You know who else thought rules they didn’t like were stupid?
My kids. When they were 3 or 4 years old.

2 Likes

That is a pretty offensive statement… some might get upset for such words and return them… not the case here… you just become offensive because I express my opinion… that is what? 3 - 4 yo? Don’t like the thread? Ignore it. No need to get all cocky about it.

1 Like

Alright I see your edited post now, apologies.

At the end of the day someone made a call to side with the defence on a tie, and we just have to live with it.

@NPNKY has provided an excellent summary why and so have others, so I think that’s all we can say. Can’t really say much more.

Best wishes for your raids and hoping you don’t tie often.

Thanks! Same to you!

1 Like

The only time I wont wish you luck is if you raid me :joy::joy::joy:

Quick! How many cups you got?! :grinning:

1 Like

My apologies. I just get very frustrated when people who don’t understand how a particular game mechanic works insist that it is unfair. If the same mechanics are applied to all players, that’s fair. That doesn’t mean that the rule in question is necessarily the best one for the situation, though.

5 Likes

Ok I get your point. Just saying that an injustice applied to everybody is still an injustice.

I guess here is where we will have to disagree. I don’t see the victory conditions as an injustice. The developers who created the game can set up PvP victory conditions however they choose, as long as they apply to everyone equally. I do think they should be more explicitly spelled out, though.

1 Like

Yes, it’s their game, they can do as they please, but I still think a draw should be in order here. The way I see it, I did my part. Not my fault they added counterattack and DOT to the game. Nobody should be rewarded for getting killed.

Although I don’t agree with @Ian487, reasonable minds can differ and I respect @Ian487 holding ground despite everyone else’s opinion. It’s not easy taking a position when everyone is against you.

I do understand what you’re trying to say. You’re saying no trophies should go to anyone if both sets of heroes die. That does have a degree of sense about it.

On the other hand, we’re saying, as a matter of a value judgment, a defence team has done its job if the attacker is killed in a raid. No matter what. Even if the defence also dies! That’s the rule or value judgement or principle that’s been chosen I would guess.

I’d be interested in hearing SG’s rationale (@Petri) for rewarding the defence in the case of a tie, and I do agree rules could be clearer as @NPNKY says.

5 Likes

Summary:

There is a castle. To take the castle you have to defeat the enemy.

So you defeat the enemy and take over the … hang on … who is taking over the castle … they are all dead. So there is an empty castle out there owned by no one.

So you DIDNT take the castle …

Castle analogy again… It was said before. It is not about the castle, it’s about the battlefield. I never said I should have won. I just shouldn’t have lost. It should have been a draw.

2 Likes

You lost … and that is the bottom line.

100% fair … you didnt survive the attack.

There is loot from a victory, yes you won the loot but it is stuck lying on the battlefield.

Also is there no one to come back and tell your king about your glorius victory. The king assumes since no one came back … you lost.