How is this normal? Raid / War Loss when I die from Counter Attack BUT all enemies are also dead

It happened to me. Yeah, I know it’s frustrating but it’s normal.

OK, so now you are talking emotion and not fairness. Emotion has nothing to do with fairness. Fair is if the same thing happens to both sides under the same condition.

So I would rephrased this a bit and say that to improve the game play experience you feel this should happen. Not hinge your argument on fairness.

1 Like

Look, I’ve been through this all day… I’ll say again, for the last time I hope, an injustice that happens to everyone is still an injustice… doesn’t make it fair… I understand your point of view, “oh, chances are slim this will ever happen to me… who cares, let it happen”. But think a bit out of the box. Don’t relate it to the game. Both teams died! Hurray!! Let’s give the cups to the one that didn’t lift a finger for them… WTF is that?!

you should look up the word injustice I think. and maybe fairness.

1 Like

Moderator post

This topic seems to be wrapping around itself. Please only post if you have something genuinely new to add. Every comment does not need a reply.

2 Likes

How about this one?! This is not right!

If that isn’t right and no one is left then should it be center?

2 Likes

Sorry about going off topic, but this is too much…

So, if we both get robbed on our way home tonight, that is fair because it happened to the both of us? Or should we rob the robber in return, to make it fair?

I think you are a bit confused about what fair means and should keep your opinions to yourself as long as they are not related to the topic at hand. You brought nothing of interest to the thread, just repeated what others said before, and now you are giving me lessons on words meanings… cool…

That wouldn’t be two sides of the same equation. You present two different equations.

I actually agree with you that game play would be improved, I’m just suggesting your argument isn’t the best approach to convincing people. I’m moving on now.

YOU challenged them, you picked them out. They didn’t have a say in it. You agreed to the terms of the challenge, you risk your 15 cups for a chance to go to their castle and take their 50 cups. YOU take your 15 cups to THEIR castle. You died. Where are your cups? Laying on the ground at their front door. The castle janitors pick them up and put them with their other cups.

You’re upset because it happened to you 3 times, but what you don’t know is that maybe 5 times it has happened to someone else against you. You might have 250 cups from other players attacking you and leaving cups at your front door because all 10 heroes died. Look at it from both sides.

This is not “injustice” this is just bad luck. Improve your team and kill it fast and there will be “justice” for you. Period

1 Like

Come on! I bet you know that no matter how strong your team is you will still lose some raids, don’t you?! That’s not the point…

Yes. Of course! Don’t do raid when u win under 30 Trophies. It happened to me also,but if u change something in ur team to be stronger,then you can avoid those frustrating moments when he dies,you die right before him.

Oh! I usually pick trophy odds over 45 / 16. So we agree on that. Anyway, I just had a great raid, it came down to my Sabina against their Vivica and I won with just a few seconds left on the clock. 51 cups too! So my morale is back on track now :grinning:

War is won by the survivors. If there are no survivors there is no victory.

Raids invoke the concept of attacking strongholds to take cups loot and victory. Everyone dies? Nothing is gained.

The enemy gains a victory, however pyrrhic, by repelling the enemy force in the service of their sovereign.

Yes it is normal. Yes it makes sense in the narrative. Yes it is fair.

Please keep in mind that in this gane, unlike in reality, only the military ( heroes ) die.
The non combatants are still there and the castle is still functioning.

So you decided to attack a castle and invested resources to attack but your army was killed.
I am sure the defenders see this as a win even if their army was destroyed too.

And this classifies as a victory because you didnt reach your objective but they reached theirs. :smile:

How many people are left on the battlefield is irrelevant.

Wish you best of luck with your Raids.

Elayanith

1 Like

Hi there!

As NPNKY said ages ago, it works like this:

Certain conditions have to be met for the offending (attacking) party to win:

• you have to kill all defenders
  • you have to still have time on the clock
  • you have to have at least 1 hit point left on one attacker*

I know this last one because I’ve done it and I’ve seen it. These aren’t rules written down any where, these are “The game as it reveals itself to you every time you play”.

If you will accept the word of a player with 18+ months experience here (which either I or NPNKY have), then accept that this is the way it is.

You can either accept and keep on playing…or refuse, throw down the board, and leave the community.

I’d prefer you did the first. :wink:

3 Likes

Quit? No, not me sir! I enjoy this game to much. Anyway, you got me wrong. I know the rules very well, I just don’t like this one. Unlike some, I understand and enjoy the raiding system and I think it is almost perfect the way it is. I just think that two teams obliterating each other on the battlefield should be a draw, not the object of some arbitrary ruling based on… on what exactly? On some squishy mushy story about not being able to enter some imaginary castle or not being able to carry loot home, like some other members tried to explain to me?! That’s bul…hit, sir… We all play the same game and it is not played in a field in front of some castle, it is played on the board, and on the board the two teams were perfectly equal. I understand this is the way the game works, it’s not a bug or something like that, but I still think this is a stupid rule that should be changed… Anyway, I started this thread hoping to get some support in order to ask the devs to consider changing it… I see now that most people don’t seem to care at all about this, and saw it as a chance to antagonize someone with a different opinion… left me with a bit of a bitter taste, but this is the way things are unfortunately…

P.S. There is something about those cat’s eyes that makes me wonder… I apologize if I presumed wrong about your gender by calling you “sir”…

1 Like

Heh…I’m a girl.

If it makes it easier, think this way: Are you still alive? Is there still time on the clock? No? Then you lost. Sucks. :wink:

1 Like

Wait wait wait. So are you saying that if the wording at the end was changed to draw instead of defeat and you lost your cups you would be ok with that?