How is the game trolling you?

I have (had… A few went into last Soul Exchange) all S1 5*, with most coming from TC20 or HA10.
Costume: Vivica (2x, both from CC), Thorne (CC), quintus (HA10)
S2: ursena, mok-arr 2
S3: Skadi
S4: 0
S5: 0
Towers/knights/Wot3K: 0
Seasonal events: 0
Challenge events: lady locke (HA10), Chameleon (SE)
HotM: telluria, reuben, Devana, Balbar.

I really feel I’m below the odds in every portal (but I don’t keep track of my pulls, and the odds being so low…).
The one I’m sure I’m behind on the odds is HA10 with only Lady Locke and quintus costume to show for a year in retrainings…

For this I make only 3 pools (only to feel my chest) just to not get second of him.

You should save some eht to pull on one of 4 seasonal portal.

Believe me, if my luck is always that good, I would love to have my problems too.

As I F2P, don’t keep dupes, and try not to spend much gems on roster increases, I like to have unique heroes that I don’t already have, regardless of of the rarity, as long as they are new to my roster. So I don’t mind having me beat the odds occasionally with my summoning attempts, it’s who I get out of them that mattered. I think you occasionally read my forum blog post on my roster, so I think you understand where I am coming from.

Being a non-spender means I will have to be a little more picky where I would summon from and I always use the in-game currencies before I use the gems (most valuable resource, after all), and means I won’t get too many chances each unique portals unless I previously started saving/hoarding the respective coins.

4 years into the game and with TC20 running for the majority of them (I still am actually), I think it’s kind of past time I get very excited with TC20 heroes, especially if they don’t always come with costumes.

So I always liked to use a little anecdote, each summoning attempt is like be given a ticket to an event where you get to spend time with celebrities (in this case, the heroes / heroines). So for each of the scenarios I described above (and those are really just small sample sizes of the small amount of attempts I do), each of them had me beating the usual odds of spending time with S1 3* and 4*, but someone unique I don’t already have. So beating those usual odds is like being handed a shiny golden ticket to get one pumped. Being led to the VIP lounge where all the new and cool heroes hang out, you look around and find new faces that you’d like to meet, but the attendant leading way leads you to a small jacuzzi where normal Thorne sits in there, saw you, waved and smiled warmly.

You ask the attendant, um the pool is kind of small, and I know Thorne, he’s a nice guy and I see him at the gym every Tuesday, but isn’t there a bigger pool these other new fellows are hanging out? No no, I see Cathal and Saoirse are there sitting in an even smaller jacuzzi, be cool if I can hang out with them too, but I am not asking much, couldn’t you put me in that much bigger pool where those other new faces are hanging out? Maeve saw you gesturing in her direction, did a wink and a smile, at least you assumed it’s a smile under that mask.

The attendant looked at you with a blank stare, muttered something inaudible into the intercom on his shoulders, shook his head and directed you again to where Thorne was sitting in, who was all but too happy to see you because he didn’t think you were coming over. Nevermind that he didn’t hear you mutter under your own breath that you’d have felt better if you got to hang out with Valen, at least that was to be expected.

Is there any wonder why some people got angry over getting trainer heroes (especially 4*) and wanted to be gone from the portals?

Sure, now that there is the Soul Exchange to take some of these dupe 5*, but for a long while, because of my no dupe and no roster space purchase, I had been feeding my 5* dupes.

So I love it when the game “occasionally” showed me some love and gave me HoTM, but it’s when I beat the odds (especially on the non-HoTM heroes first releases) and they send me to the S1 5* or Trainer Hero pool that has me thinking that I’ve been trolled.

2 Likes

Guess who used 35 EHT for the last Christmas event with nothing to show for? :rofl:

1 Like

I had 50+ but I have not received any Legendary hero. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club!
Since I have summoned since Christmas event was introduced and still dont have a legendary Christmas hero I might top you. :wink:

Mine 60+, for 1 penguin and 4 hanitra

Could I please borrow your trolls!!! :heart_eyes:

180 pulls without an hotm… Which is probably balance… But i really wanted kara…

Not many can beat me.

I used 80 ETTs over the last two tower of magic events and got: 0 magic troops and 3 4* dupes. That’s 0% chance of magic troops and 3% chance of other 4* troops. To get 0 magic troops after 80 attempts puts me into the lowest 1.7 percent of players.

Not only that but I have been training HA10 since Nov 2020 and got: 2x Captain Kestrels,1X Natalya, costumed Lianna and costumed Sartana. That’s 3.7% chance of non-S1 hero and 3.8% chance of costume.

I have used my tokens from finishing S2 and S3 as well as C2P and got: Tarlak and Freya.

I think my luck is so bad that I should stop playing.

1 Like

Your luck on tower heros and troops is really bad.

If Tarlak and Freya are not dupes where is the problem.
I got Mokk-Arr and Alfrike. I was really happy with Alfrike because I needed a replacement for my Quintus as war tank ! :rofl:

HA10 gave you costumed Lianna and Sartana, the 2x Kestrels and Nataly compensated for that but at least you got heros you did not have yet.

Ahem. Training since Feb 2021 and got: Onatel, dup Malosi, and costume Magni. That’s 2.8% chance of non-S1 hero and 1.4% of costume.

Mind you my magic troops are better as I just got 2 purple magic troops, but probably spent about the same amount of ETTs as you did over the last 2 tower of magic. Only S2/3/4/5 legendary I got was Lord Loki… from the soul exchange, nothing from coins.

1 Like

No S2/3/4/5 legendary is really poor. Were you F2P or C2P?

Tarlak was not a dupe but I pulled Miki in an early AR, so he was not really useful. I actually use my costumes a fair bit for Titans and events. Kestrel too (2nd Kestrel fed to Soul Exchange and not ascended Nataly).

I probably had more pulls than you because I was a C2P - cut down even on that because of poor summon results and power creep (can never keep up without spending).

F2P, but yeah, altogether with the free coins you are looking at over 100 summons (probably 40 free summons per season when you complete them) and nada. I certainly didn’t pull much compared to people who pay for gems so I can’t complain that much. However, I would think getting at least 1 wouldn’t be out of the question.
Generally speaking I’m on the left hand side of the bell curve, as you can see with my luck with HA10.

This.

4 Likes

Lately by giving me 3 and 4* heros i already have and either dont use or dont want dupes of.

Haha, that made me laugh out loud :rofl:

After my first month of receiving 2 HOTM (Bai Yeong) E&P thought I had enough HOTM for an 18 month drought, the next one I received was Zagrog. At the end of February this year half my time playing was a single streak of not receiving a HOTM.