How is Team power calculated?

I have no clue :rofl:

However, since that’s number that’s irrelevant for everything except for the recruiting, I doubt anyone will be bothered to reverse engineer it :rofl:

Team Power of an individual hero seems to track/include a weighted average of attack, defense, and health, with health being worth a bit less than the other two.

At least for a 3* hero, each 1/8 of special is worth 5 points of team power. I watched my maxed Bane go from 5/8 to 8/8, and each time it went up, he gained 5 points.

It is also clear that a 5* is worth more TP than a 4* which is worth more TP than a 3* even if they have the same attack/defense/health and special fraction stats.

I haven’t tried to check if each ascension rank is worth an extra bump in TP. beyond what is due for the stats increase / skill increase.

@JonahTheBard, I really don’t know, but my GUESS is that the relative usefulness / uselessness of a special skill is not included in any way.

That would explain why some Heroes are unpopular for the same team-power, even if the stats are very similar

Mana speed is another x-factor and provoked a lot of debate around Hansel and Gretel for instance

When I was curious about it, I did a bit of nominal fitting in a spreadsheet, and came up with…
TP ~= att/3 + def/3 + hp/6 + special*5

If I had proper curve fitting tools, more data, and cared to spend the time, I could do better.

I didn’t include hero stars in which I am certain plays into it (and messes up by making unmaxed 5* heroes appear much stronger than they are in practice!)

I also didn’t try to figure out if ascension tier contributes besides the associated stat increases.

As far as I can see team power is simply a sum of all heros and troops.

With one hero in my team and a 1* troop I have a team power of hero power + 11. With two hero’s and two 1* troops I have a team power of hero’s power + 22.

@Eries how do you see your troops power?

Edit:
I assume OP is talking about team power and not how to calculate the power of a hero.

All of the other responses are very well written and go into a lot of detail but I have my own theory on how team power is calculated…

Magic.

3 Likes

Its not a simple sum them all up … when looking at Hero power + troops is doesnt give younthe team total.

It does when I add them up. How are you seeing the troop power?

Let me give some examples:

With only Colen on team. Colen power is 556 (not fully leveled). Team power with a 1* troop is 567.
With only Natalya on team. Natalya power 777. Team power is 788 with a 1 * troop.
With 3 heroes that have a sum power of 1843 and with 3 1* troops I get team power 1876.

In all 3 examples it fits with a 1* troop having a power of 11.

Ahaaaa got it!!!

Okay so this is it:
Hero power + (Troop power x 10) + Troop level

So have a Hero with 780, 4* troop on level 20:
780 + 40 + 20 = 840 total add to Team Total.

3 Likes

What do you consider is a troop power? I can’t recall that I ever saw that number anywhere :thinking:

Troop star level I think

I’ve tested it with several heroes and different troops, you’re right! :tada:

And I thought they were doing some proper calculation :rofl:

Now we’re just left with ‘how they got the hero power in the first place’

Edit: it seems that we have that as well…

@BarryWuzHere check this :wink:

3 Likes

@RedPython thanks for digging that out. It was quite a while ago, but I’m guessing that plugging newer heroes into that data set isn’t going to change much.

Interesting to see how much the stars are “worth” (a lot, apparently too much) and also how much being a HotM or event hero is worth. (a minor bump)

Yeah, this with stars is what creates an illusion that unlevelled 5 star is better than maxed 3 star just because it says ‘more power’… and leads to weird matches in wars, as we talked earlier.

1 Like

troop power = 10 + 1 for each attribute, exampe 4 stars troop at max lvl 30, would be 79 team power

5 of 5*-heroes (assuming each heroe 760 power) would equal 3800 team power without the power of troops.
Troop power is calculated like this :
11 points of team power + summary of the attribute stats.
Ex. 4*-troop lvl 30 would have a summary of 69 from 4 attributes, now add here another 11 team power points and it will equal to 80 team power.
So 4*-troop lvl 30 = 80 team power
80x5 = 400 team power from all troops
5 Heroe team power(3800) + 5 Troops team power(400) = 4200

Talent gives 5 points of team power for every 1 level.

hey that’s very accurate. Have you found out how they get individual hero power as well? thanks!

There is a way … I would need to go look for it.

1 Like
2 Likes