How is Coronavirus impacting you

When people trust more facebook posts then doctors and virologists, then they are idiots.
Can’t call them in any other way.

They literally search and spread only those once-in-a-fifty articles showing how much this is all a lie/toxic vaccination/insert here any kind of government cospiration.

It doesn’t matter how many doctors try to explain facts to them, because you just need one single mechanic with a uncle friend who knows everything and all of that disappear.

3 Likes

People have been conditioned by media and certain politicians to not trust the science. They’re not necessarily idiots (that word has a specific scientific meaning) but they do need to learn to be more critical in their thinking.

3 Likes

My hubby got the vaccine yesterday with no side effects. Arm is tender if touched but nowhere near the pain we both had with the pneumonia shot. I do understand how people are having reluctance to get the vaccine. Sadly with so many getting inoculated, the rare cases of adverse side effects are being overly reported, in my opinion.

I still believe that getting covid would be much worse than getting the vaccine but I do respect that people have the right to choose.

As stated above- my reference to “idiots” are those gathering indoors without masks, in pure violation of the restrictions.

2 Likes

As soon as I am eligible for Pfizer or Moderna I am getting in line. I just have concerns about the AstraZeneca one with all the negative publicity around it.

2 Likes

Is that the one that only has like a 75% success rate? I don’t even think that one has been approved for use in the U.S.

The AstraZeneca? It’s the one with reported blood clotting issues in Europe that has been withdrawn now in most countries there. We have four currently approved here: the original two Pfizer and Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson (of which we don’t have any volume yet). The Astra-Zeneca is also called Oxford. I think it and the Johnson & Johnson have the lowest efficacy. The Johnson & Johnson one is a different type of vaccine from the other three though, more like the normal flu vaccine.

1 Like

Yeah, the only ones authorized in the U.S. currently are Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna.

2 Likes

Hmm, just checking and the Astra-Zeneca is also more like standard flu vaccine. Those use non-replicating virus cells to get your body to develop antivirus cells. The others use the virus RNA piggybacked on inert cells.

1 Like

Hubby and I had the AZ-Oxford a few weeks ago just about the time Europe started to get jittery about it. Here in the UK it’s been that or Pfizer so far and the opinion here is that it is still far a bigger health issue to get Covid. 30 in 18 million (today’s figures) still makes it possible to be something people would have suffered from anyway.

We had no concerns then or now and although I did experience the typical side-effects of a sore arm, shivers and tiredness I was 100% expecting it because I have the sort of body that always overreacts to things. So I was prepared and scheduled it when I had nothing much on for a couple of days. Hubby, typically, had absolutely no issues at all - not even a tender arm! :roll_eyes:

Expecting to get called up for our second in May and our parents in their 80s have now had both doses (Pfizer) which makes me feel so much better and hopeful for a more open spring and summer here.

2 Likes

It was suspended a few days in Spain as well, just a few days later that I got the vaccine. I had to avoid watching news as I was turning mad listening to the secondary effects. I suffer from migraines, so I didn’t give importance to the secondary effects regarding headaches. However, I found out a bruise on the left side of my belly (and I couldn’t understand why) and I almost passed out while I was waiting for the bus a week later.

2 Likes

I trust it was nothing serious.

2 Likes

After three weeks, I’m still alive. :sweat_smile::rofl:

It was a bit worrying, but nothing serious luckily.

4 Likes

They have now lowered the age limit to my level where I am so I am scheduled to get the vaccine on Wednesday. Second shot scheduled for July 28 (yes, 16 weeks later). Government wants as many as possible to get the first shot ASAP.

It will be either Pfizer or Moderna.

Congratulations!

I’m now technically eligible myself, but my girlfriend and I were originally wanting to get our vaccines together at the same time. Her doctor has been trying to set up an appointment for us, but that’s through the clinics, and they have incredibly long wait lists.

My best bet is likely to try to schedule an appointment at a local pharmacy instead.

2 Likes

I get my vaccine tomorrow im hoping i dont have that tired feeling after

1 Like

Good luck!

I’m not particularly worried about the side effects myself, since I don’t currently have anything important to attend to anyway. I just hope I’m one of the lucky few who is able to get the single dose vaccine, so that I don’t have to worry about going in again later. The sooner I get vaccinated, the sooner I can sort of return to normal life (will still wear masks and socially distance, but I’ll feel much more comfortable leaving the house in general).

3 Likes

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

2 Likes

Side note it ultimately was fine (the next day was aweful but then the day after that I was back to normal)

2 Likes

My vaccine was fine too. I had a bit of pressure build-up in my head later that evening like a headache was about to start but I took a couple Tylenol and felt fine next day. That may also have been from having a stiff neck from sleeping wrong. I got the Pfizer.

I was told the second shot is worse, but by doctors who had it 30 days after the first. Mine is 16 weeks after so maybe not so bad. I may just book the next day off just in case :laughing:

2 Likes

I was diagnosed positive last Sunday … I was 2 days in bed with a lot of dizziness … but I feel better now, only with fatigue and lack of smell and taste in meals, I have 9 days of isolation.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings