How is Coronavirus impacting you

Im no doctor but I have never heard one say that more than one mask is necessary.

Dr. Fauci said 2 is better than one. Trust the science they say

No, one does the job just fine.

Masks protect everyone else from you and are most effective when everyone is wearing one.

1 Like

ā€œIf you have a physical covering with one layer, you put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective and thatā€™s the reason why you see people either double masking or doing a version of an N95,ā€ Fauci said.

the above quote is i think being misinterpreted by people, here he is just explaining the logic behind why someone may decide to wear 2 masks at once

Below is the CDCā€™s continued stance:

ā€œThe CDC does not recommend that you should wear two masks, nor does the CDC recommend that you have to wear an N95 mask. They just say, ā€˜The most important thing is get everybody to wear a mask,ā€™ā€ Fauci said during the town hall.

People must follow the ways of science and common sense.

Two layers of course protect more, but if you scroll it down every 5 minutes because you canā€™t breath, at the end of the day you could be less protected then one layer.

Donā€™t overdo guys, if you donā€™t feel like it, donā€™t do it.

1 Like

I have to admit I have been pretty lucky during the pandemic.
In Feb.2020 I joined a new company with new role just 4 days before the first Covid cases here in Italy. My contract included a three months trial and I was afraid to lost my job but at the end the company confirmed my job before the trial end and paid my entry bonus in advance, I was very happy and honoured for that.
Luckily none of my family member nor my friends was infected. My girlfriend is a MD in one of the biggest hospital in a city heavily hit by Covid and she hasnā€™t Covid while many of her colleagues got it. Last week she also got the second dose fo the vaccine. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

When you wear a mask you are not protected! You are protecting ppl from you transmitting to them.

1 Like

Teacher here! We have been in school full time since August. Students and teachers have to wear masks full time. We spread out the students as much as we can in the classroom. Easy with a class of 13 hard with a class of 28. Students have been in and out of quarantine. Iā€™ve learned how to put every assignment in a Google Classroom. Weā€™ve had no major outbreaks in school but our sports teams have shared COVID a bit. I am looking forward to my vaccine.

2 Likes

Every time I have seen a medical professional doublemask, at least one is a lightweight mask. Havenā€™t yet seen doctors sporting two heavy cotton masks.

P.S. My daughterā€™s test was negative. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I plan on double masking for the rare times I go out shopping now. Not out of necessity really but because I find the disposable masks are really itchy, and the fabric one I have feels flimsy. Iā€™ll just put the disposable one on top of the cloth one.

Well, the first person I actually know firsthand has now died from Covid. Thatā€™s one out of three that I know personally who have had it. And two out of 9 or 10 that I know secondhand.

That hits home pretty hard.

2 Likes

pops confetti I cant imagine being a parent during all this. glad to hear the good news rook. sorry for your loss nevamaor

1 Like

Iā€™m so very sorry @nevarmaor. :confused:

2 Likes

Got my second (and final) dose of vaccine.
No problems or side effects as the first one, just a bit of a pain in the arm the day after.

Officially covid free (i hope).
At least for a year or so.

6 Likes

Fortunatey not a relative or close friend. Unfortunately someone I used to work quite closely with as a customer of ours. A really nice guy who will be missed.

2 Likes

Hope everyone is doing okay (very close to one year since this thread was created)

A friend of mine got it last spring and passed away.

2 Likes

Im sorry for your loss

Unfortunately the rate of COVID-19 infections versus Flu infections is about 100 to 1 or even a 1,000 to 1 right now, so itā€™s much more likely to be COVID-19 than the Flu. Hereā€™s hoping she bucks the odds and only has the Flu.

1 Like