How is Coronavirus impacting you

Take care of yourself!

1 Like

I only have a cough and a stuffed up nose but im just anxious about timing. I dont have an exact idea of when my day zero isā€¦ So I just had to contact like 25+ people and warn them that they should probably get tested but idkā€¦

3 Likes

I hope youā€™re not in a high risk categoryā€¦ :worried:

Iā€™m probably about medium risk myself, so I might be fine if I caught it, but I donā€™t want to find out! And plus, my girlfriend is high risk, so Iā€™d have to quarantine myself from her, and that would be awful.

ā€¦ and plus, by the time I found out that I had it, Iā€™d have already passed it on to her tooā€¦

1 Like

I grew out of my asthma but I have put on a few pounds recently. Nevertheless im not worried for my self its more close friends that I have who are high risk (diabetic and one with lung issues).

3 Likes

Yep, I understand.

Personally, I am a tad bit overweight (not excessively so, but not exactly the picture of perfect health)ā€¦ and I have high blood pressure. I donā€™t usually get sick very often, and when I do, it doesnā€™t hit me very hard. But COVID is a different beast entirelyā€¦ itā€™s quite a bit more potent than the usual cold or flu that Iā€™m able to easily deal with.

And in the case of higher risk peopleā€¦ a regular cold or flu that makes me a little bit sick for a few days, usually ends up making my girlfriend very sick for weeks. So, I really have to be extra careful for her sake.

1 Like

Risk assessment module

Remember, safety first.

MC: Low risk for COVID, high risk for projectile injuries. (Halloween COVID-19: Safest Trick-or-Treat Alternatives, Per Health Experts - Eater)

2 Likes

England is to go into a second full lockdown to try and get thing right before Christmas.
This COVID thing just will not go away.
Stay safe and healthy everyone

3 Likes

Thankfully, kids donā€™t trick-or-treat where I live anyway. Apartment complexā€¦ for some reason they donā€™t bother coming here. Probably because they assume that most of us who live here canā€™t afford to give away free candy (a safe and fairly accurate assumption). :laughing:

As absurd as it may seemā€¦ my girlfriend and I have been staying home, rarely ever going out, having most of our groceries and stuff delivered to us, and weā€™ve both recently come down with cold-like symptoms.

How the hell? I donā€™t know. Mustā€™ve been one of the damn delivery drivers who wasnā€™t wearing a mask.

Hopefully itā€™s just the common coldā€¦ I suppose weā€™ll just have to wait and see if either one of us starts to experience more severe symptoms. :confused:

3 Likes

We figured we could control things to our liking. No one in our house. No grabbing - we give to the people.

That said, kids had Halloween evening with mom who took them to a party. Why do we try? :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Tomorrow here in Germany will start sth like a 2nd lock down.

3 Likes

We continue our family plan of reduced people on all sides. We mask our way through stores; this is the most Humanity we see, otherwise itā€™s just us.

We wonder what people would do in a worse emergency, with no garbage trucks, no 18-wheelers bringing in groceries, no electricity?

Some folks in the path of the recent Hurricane have that, though only for a few days yet. Hope it is not longer for them, and hope it never becomes a reality for usā€¦

7 Likes

Itā€™s ridiculous to me. How my girlfriend and I have spent months in near total isolation from the rest of the world (outside of phone calls and internet conversations). I only leave my apartment now a few times a month, wearing my mask and trying to distance myself from other people the entire time. Weā€™ve been having most of our groceries and such delivered to us, most of the delivery drivers also wearing masks and having very limited close contact with them.

And yetā€¦ in spite of all thatā€¦ somehow we recently contracted something. Probably not Coronavirus, the symptoms so far seem to be more like those of a common coldā€¦ but still. We have gone well out of our way to avoid catching anything from anyone, and we still caught something? How???

All I can think is that one of our delivery drivers must have sneezed or coughed or something before showing up at our door, and we exposed ourselves the second we opened the door and brought in the groceries (even though we were wearing masks and washed our hands after).

One person. One single carrier is all it takes. And Iā€™m guessing in at least 50% of the cases, the person doesnā€™t even know that theyā€™re carrying it and spreading it around.

I suppose at this point, I should probably just accept that it is inevitable that everyone in the U.S. will eventually catch it. Too few precautions taken in the beginning, too late to stop the spread now. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Or a virus has always been on earth, active millions of years ago only to be buried. As humans continue exploring more and digging deeper the virus reappeared. Human immune system having never encountering a like virus has no antibodies and who knows whatā€™s nextā€¦

1 Like

Or donā€™t cover their noses.:lying_face:

That is probably where most of them originated from. But then on top of that, once a virus finds an appropriate host organism, it begins to mutate. The longer it is allowed to survive within other living organisms, the more times it is able to replicate itself, increasing the chances for further mutation.

While the primary focus so far has been on searching for a vaccine, the more this thing spreads, the less likely it is that a vaccine will be effective. It needs to be stopped from spreading further, first and foremost. Full stop.

1 Like

While the ā€œhotā€ weather didnā€™t get rid of it, it does seem to enjoy this colder weather. That and the fact that more and more people are letting their guard down and itā€™s had the opportunity to spread even further into smaller and smaller communities. With all the travel and get-togethers that are expected to happen in the US during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the new year as well as the continued cold weather, I expect the biggest daily new case numbers to be in January - right around the inauguration ceremony.

If herd immunity works against this virus, weā€™re getting there much quicker than I would like.

1 Like

Get well soon. Given my health, my biggest fear has not been getting the virus myself (as I think nearly everyone will contract it eventually), but being a patient zero at some spreading event. With that in mind, Iā€™m doing everything I can do to stay COVID-free; not so much for myself, but for others.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually feeling about 90% recovered already, after just picking this cold or whatever it is a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend who has pre-existing conditions, is showing symptoms of bronchitis. Not unusual for herā€¦ happens almost every time we catch a minor cold. I recover within 3-7 days, she ends up coughing like crazy for weeks. And thatā€™s just from an ordinary ā€œcommon coldā€. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Please let this work!

6 Likes

10 Likes