How is Coronavirus impacting you

Be safe out there. We all sincerely appreciate all the hard work the health care workers are putting in during this crisis.

6 Likes

1.5 month old here in Indonesia…

6 Likes

I hope they pull through fine.

7 Likes

Stay safe.

20fistbumpsbecausehugsarentallowed

7 Likes

Online hugs are surely further away than 6 feet, and therefore allowed. :wink:

9 Likes

X-Posting cause the info is awesome & worth a read!

5 Likes

Latest updated numbers as of 4:00 pm TODAY (they don’t usually update the same day…it’s usually as of 4:00 or 5:00 pm the previous day).

3 Likes

and also this for the state of California as a whole:

1 Like

You mentioned this was just for your county. Are all these patients in one hospital? How is the hospital coping?

2 Likes

That first screen cap is just for my county. I haven’t found a breakdown of where they are. It is a fairly large county and we have several hospitals, so am hoping each is able to keep up.

Google is my friend, lol. We have 20 hospitals in this county. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like New Zealand is finally taking it serious.

4 Likes

Every downside has an upside

3 Likes

US lead Spain in cases from yesterday.

I remember the post with a lot of people in a beach :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Confirmed positives are rising fast in Ontario.

214 last Wednesday
257 last Thursday
412 yesterday

I heard on the news of a 9-month old baby tested positive here. That is awful.

3 Likes

Please read @zephyr1’s post earlier.

While all off-topic discussion is prohibited by Forum Rules, we have made a special exception for this topic due to the current situation. Let’s try to focus on keeping this topic civil, so we can keep it open. Additionally, any treatment suggestions/discussion will be considered off-topic and will be deleted.

11 Likes

I hit the grocery store this morning at about 06:30. There was toilet paper and other paper products available, albeit in limited quantities. There are also restricting our purchase quantities which is fine.

Chicken and ground beef were also in stock but restricted. No sanitizer to be found but I suspect that is being prioritized to medical applications.

The roads were definitely quiet with less than a quarter of the traffic as was normal when I was commuting. It really brought out the beauty in our fresh snowfall.

Be well.

ETA: thanks for the 4* mats this morning SG! :grinning:

7 Likes

Our local grocery is also limiting quantities of essential items (eggs, milk, toilet paper, cold remedies, etc) but they have them in stock. They are also opening 1 hour early each morning for the elderly and otherwise vulnerable to be able to shop without risking exposure, and asking the general public to wait until normal hours to do their shopping. One of the perks of being in a small town–so far, people aren’t abusing it. I suppose it’s harder to be a jerk when everyone knows you and can tell your momma.

10 Likes

Well, Ontario’s confirmed positives just jumped 78 overnight. We are fast approaching 500.

And I just heard the province is shutting down all non-essential businesses for two weeks starting after tomorrow.

Edit, sorry, it just TOPPED 500.

7 Likes

Maybe now my bonehead company will say “Ok, let’s put our workers’ health (and everyone else’s) ahead of profits” now that they hopefully have no choice.

5 Likes

Here are where things stand in WA state.

I live across the street from a small senior citizen facility and while it is not unusual to see the fire truck and first responders show up there, it is the first time I’ve seen someone taken out and the responders wearing masks and blue gowns+gloves. Could be just precautionary for both parties’ sake, but makes me wonder if it is here. 0_0

7 Likes