Today, I’m saving iron to start my Stronghold 19 upgrade in the next day or two. I’m laser focused on TC20, and TC19 is a stop along the way, and I’m wondering what to expect when I start using it…long background leading up to my question follows:
I’m using my TCs pretty close to the hoarding play style described here: [Play style] Recruit (RT4/ RT11) & Food (RT13/ RT20) Hoards- Updated 4-14
- Training Camp “Alpha” is my permanent TC11 recruit bank (32 days = 768 recruits & 384k food)
- Training Camp “Baker” is a TC13 food bank (48 days = 5.5M food accessible & 1680 recruits)
- Training Camp “Charlie” was bouncing between 1/3, 2, and 11 based on sword and backpack availability … and now is bouncing between 1/3, 2, and offline for upgrades (currently @15; aiming for 19 soon after SH19); I use up swords and backpacks in batches, instead of letting them build up.
My TC plan after stronghold 20 (in sequence):
- Training Camp “Delta” will be built and leveled to 2 or 4, then start bouncing between 1/3, 2, and 4 using up batches of swords and backpacks as I have them.
- Upgrade “Charlie” from 19 to 20, research 20, then move my food bank queue from TC13 “Baker” to TC20 “Charlie”.
- When “Baker” finishes building my last 3* feeder from TC13, it will go offline for upgrades, straight to 19, where it will bounce between 1-3/2/11/19 depending on stock of swords and backpacks, and whether my heroes need a deluge of 1* feeders from 19
- Upgrade “Delta” to 11 once “Baker” is back online.
At this point, I expect to still have 4* & 5* heroes I’m leveling, so I’ll leave my TCs in this configuration and upgrade other buildings for a while. When I see the end of the line, I’ll bring more TC20s online:
- Upgrade “Baker” from 19 to 20, now running two camps at TC20.
- “Delta” can now go offline and upgrade from 11 to 20, making for three at TC20.
- Now I’m stockpiling swords and backpacks for later.
- Eventually I’ll get some new heroes I want to level up, and I’ll switch one or two camps to 1-3/2/19 to work through sword/backpack inventory, eventually bringing on a second TC11.
My big question: How quickly will I burn through 1723 (and counting) sets of rugged clothes that I’ve been building up since I started playing the game once I CAN run TC19?
I’m somewhere between f2p and p2w; I have paid enough to have a decent roster/bench, and I still have heroes to level up. My growth limit is currently ascension items. I’m stupidly short gloves, 7 more and I could ascend 7 heroes, and I’ve got 6 @60 plus Wu @3/54. Obviously, I’ll be busy leveling them up for a while once I ascend them. Or if the RNG gods hate me, I’ll be getting more and more heroes up to level 60 waiting on gloves! My next limit is that a few of those 7 are worth the items, and too many of them are red compared to my hidden blade count.
I have a lot of food and recruits banked…and they are both still building up…but I’m wondering what limiting factor to expect with TC19 (including food costs to level up heroes), food, recruits, or clothes?
If rugged clothes are going to be the chokepoint, I could shift my three-flag farming from 8-7 to 7-7 now and build up more of them. (Yeah, I lose out on some XP, but I really don’t need more common herbs!)
If rugged clothes aren’t going to be a limiting factor, I’ll probably stick to 8-7 or 6-8 if I’m running low on crude iron.
What have people farther along than me found, especially if you use your TCs in a similar style?