How do YOU upgrade your troops?

This is not a question on how the process is done.

I’m curious to know where you use your troop resources.

• Do you save all of your 4* troops indefinitely? What about your 3* troops?
  • Do you use all of your troops to level up a single 4* as high as it can possibly get, or do you distribute them so that multiple heroes of a certain element can have a leveled up 4*/3* of their own?
  • Assuming you are a player with 3* and 4* troops, do you level up any of your 2* troops for special events?

I generally use a rainbow team and level up a single 4* for each color as high as I possibly can with a few 3* leveled to only about 4 or 5. Because of events that require the use of lover level troops, and the fact that leveling up gets slower the higher that you go, I have been questioning if this is the best choice as of late. That’s why I want to know what the rest of you do.

2 Likes

I’ve spread my resources across multiple same color 4* troops since I like raiding MONO 4EVA. I am working on getting a rainbow set of 4* mana to lvl 23 though.

3 Likes

I have a rainbow 4* team at an average level of 15
Rainbow 3* team at an average level of 8
I dont level 2* at all

4* - one crit troop and 4 mana troops to level 2 is ideal - how I level them basically is as simple as ‘whichever one I got first I feed 2, 3, and additional 4* copies to and the opposing troop I feed 1* to.’ This means I have between level 16-20 in each color (3 are mana and 2 are crit) and levels 6-7 in the opposing flavor (3 crit and 2 mana). To be clear I don’t have this whole plan completed yet (for example in green, blue, purple I do, in Red & yellow I don’t even have the mana troop yet…) but this is what my plan is.

3* - unless I have an older leveled troop that can match the attack stat of a level 2 attack troop - I feed them away and run 5 attack troops in each 3* color raised to level 2 - solely for events

2* - similar to 3*, all attack troops raised to level 2 - solely for events

3 Likes

I don’t have any 3* troops leveled and only 1 2* troops leveled to 7, which I did as a super noob, rather then the regular noob I am now. And I do fairly well on the events.

My advice, only level 4* troops. That’s it.

5 Likes

Will need to level 3* troops soon as weekly raid events are introduced…

1 Like

Are those in beta? I have no info on those so cannot speak to it

Good question. I thought there was a screenshot that was posted that showed only 3* troops were allowed in an example of a weekly raid challenge.

Found it!

2 Likes

I’m sure those would be similar to event tiers if they happen. I highly doubt troops will make a difference there

I dunno, it might make enough of a difference to have a better score.

For attack, you go with 2 or 3 colour. So you need to up 2 troop. I have 5 times 5 4* troops and up 3 of each colour. For titan neet 4 or 5 troops begorse you go with 4 or 5 same for attack. 3* do you neet for the events.

Way too little information on that though. I have no clue how scoring will work

1 Like

True, true. Guess we’ll have to wait and see!

Troop power levels

Sets

3* lvl 01 and 3* lvl 10

For Epic tier completion bonus on challenge events, I currently have 3x full sets of 3* lvl 01 troops and 1x 3* lvl 10 of my favorite troops.

A full set of troop being one of each type so fifteen for 3* and ten for 4*.

4* lvl 01 and 4* lvl 17

Eventually I hope to have 3x full set of 4* lvl 01 troops and 1x full set of 4* lvl X troops.

I am considering leveling my 4* troops only to level 17 since that seems to be the half way point for the prime stat.

Example
If the prime stat is Defense, a 4* lvl 1 troop has a +16% Defense and a 4* lvl 30 troop has a +25% Defense. According to my records, a 4* lvl 17 should be +21% ( based on a lvl 13 being +20% ).

Methology

Instead of leveling my troops when I get new troops, I level my troops when I have enough for a full level.

Example:
I will hoard food and troops until I have enough troops to increase my blue 4* troop +1 level, then I will level it.

This way I can get a better troop, or change my mind about a favorite troop, and I am not stuck with an unused troop at 50% to the next level.

3 Likes

Never thought of using multiple same colored heroes at the same time?
Due to that I even don’t feed 3* troops.

Sadly I don’t have a 4* troop rainbow, but some leveled 3*.

3* are much faster and cheaper to level. They also can be leveled higher at the same leveled troop building.

I’d recommend keeping at least 4 (better 5) troops each color to fire the titan and to stack colors during wars, raids and some events, whrere you can only bring 2 or 3 star troops.

I only level a troop if I have excess food. I go the rainbow 4* route as high as I can go.

I’ll save the 4* until I would have 5 for each tipe and for the 3* troops I’m saving x5 ATK> and x1 CRT> for each element.

I’m also saving x5 ATK> 2* troops for every element.

When I were not thinking about the endgame I were leveling 3* troops, now my goal is to find/level rainbow mana troops at least up to lv23

No, I didn’t even have enough feeders to level my 4* troops of choice.

Blair, I use a similar process as you do. I’ve had success with it although I’m sure there is a better way.

I’m only saving three of each 4* type/color of troop, so 6 total per color. Also saving five Attack versions of each color, both 3* and 2*.

3 Likes