How do you think a 6th hero element type would change the game?

I want black colour, every colour deals for black 1/2 normal dmg, black deals for every another colour normal dmg
But this colour should be only for enemies (maybe S3), definetly not for players and not on board

1 Like

I like the idea of non-elemental titans/enemies (sort of a ‘sixth element’). However, I’m not sure how it’d work for heroes. Maybe 20% damage from any tile played?

1 Like

There is a sixth element, it’s called frustration. Everytime I open a board it is flooded with it.

:joy:

2 Likes

Are you a dataminer?
20 buckets of tears

1 Like

6th element…Sounds like a sequel, would Milla Jovovich be involved?

4 Likes

Dark matter
It could be invisible and not actually add another color, but secretly be attached to existing tiles, you only know you’ve fired it once you gain the the mana for it. Solves the mathematical issues brought up earlier.

*i suppose this would mean there would be dark matter heroes that are gaining that mana

I think it’d be neat to have a Black and White elemental type.

White: Could use ALL elements for tile damage/SS, but be VERY VERY slow

Black: Could use NO elements, but an X number of them (say 25 tiles?) Or some other type of mana building effort…if White is to build by all Black could be the opposite. Almost a “Good vs. Evil”.

1 Like

Boards would have to be totally redesigned with a sixth element :thinking:

Now, possibly this sixth element could be related only to heroes. And this sixth element hero would be feed from all tiles but at a smaller quantity. Something like a very very very slow mana generation. Of course, some limitations should be implemented, like you can only bring one sixth element hero to the battlefield. A rainbow team with a sixth element would still receive mana from all tiles.

The sixth element heroes could be special ones, or it could be possible to “temporaly upgrade” a hero to the sixth element, so that hero will have boosted stats, skill and have this special way to gain mana from the tiles.

And this way, you don’t alter the boards, which would be risky and could break the game.

2 Likes

In Marvel:Avengers Alliance there were 5 main classes (each being weak against one and strong against other; kinda like in E&P, except the weakneses formed a cycle instead of 2 kinda cycles) and then there was a Generalist class, which had no strengths or weaknesses. In E&P it could be Grey or White and essentially a Non-Elemental. It could have a properties such as absorbing an element of attacked hero, cycling through elements (like Thor does with his special skill, but it would affect element instead of special skill) etc.

1 Like

That would be frustrating as all get out but I would love it! So many possibilities in strategic tactics that blows my mind!
I think it should be added in the Advanced stage though. Reason or Con: New players or 1st time players may find it overwhelming. (Learning this game was a bit frustrating until creating an Alliance where everyone shared new things they learned or gave tips to the group so we became addicted to the game.)

2 Likes

Ha. Funny man…

1 Like

I’m confused, I thought we had six elements.
I get brown tiles all the time.

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

4 Likes

Well, we saw enough BS this year.

Another one would not change much :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

My man and were talking about the 6th element… There really isn’t another element to use but, Mother nature or Father sky minions would be kewl. Then we thought, what about a Titan class for a 6th hero?

1 Like

A 6th element would ruin the whole game as many players spent thousands of dollars to build their rosters on the 5 element basis. But there is something that would be interesting. I play Bl2 a lot lately and there are elements there too. There are quite some similarities in the system too, 5 elements, being fire, shock, corrosion, explosive and slag. But there is a 6th category of weapons, non-elemental ones. They dont have bonus dmg against any enemies but they dont have any weaknesses either, they also usually have higher critical dmg bonus. So what about a non-elemental hero? Not strong against anything but not weak either, also it could have better crit chance and crit dmg or some other built in special stat.

3 Likes

In a certain different game I sometimes visit, there is an extra “neutral” element that is strong against everything offensively and weak against everything defensively (i.e. both does and receives increased damage against all colours). But that game operates on a direct character attack basis without tile matching, so I don’t see it working well here. Either these would do 20% damage with all tiles (which will result in extremely underwhelming numbers), or you would need to bind them to a specific element.

Dual colour heroes on the other hand would be a fun concept, as long as they would be properly balanced.

They will likely spend a few extra thousand to get the best heroes in the 6th colour too. Much like they would if an amazing new hero of any existing colour got added. I don’t think that’s an argument, the game will have to change something up to avoid becoming stale to everyone including the whales.

2 Likes

There’s already too many threads about bad boards as it is. Diluting the board with a sixth color would push some over the edge

3 Likes

I don’t know if it has already been suggested, but I would love to have a type of hero that gains mana from every type of match, but the charge takes 2x as long.

So if it was a very fast hero instead it would take 13 tiles to charge, but they could be any 13 tiles. Average speed would take 20 instead of 10. Etc…

Make their tile damage deal 1/3 as much as other heroes too.

On defense they would gain a bonus portion of mana each turn for every match the attacking team made. Values would have to be carefully calculated.

I would love a set of heroes where the board didn’t define whether I won or lost.

They wouldn’t be weak or strong against any element. So even if you brought 5 of them, your tile damage would be 1/3 of a typical mono team.

2 Likes

What about a Rainbow Hero…?

Balanced stats, average mana, hit one and minor damage to adjacent enemies…

“This hero gets the color of the firts three match made in the game…”

Red: Burn
Green: Dispell
Blue: Def down
Purple: Poison
Yellow: Mana Cut

So even if you go against it (as a def team) your first match would determine what you face…

But if you attack, the first three tiles would determine what you have…

3 Likes

Just had this Idea and I don’t know if it’s even possible but I would like it to be discussed…

You could add an extra color (I would suggest it to be black) that it would make strong damage against every other and receive weak damage against others. It only has to be adjusted accordingly with lower stats, not make the game unbalanced.

This option may add tactical issues to the game as there will always be a missing color on defense !

What do you think ???