How do you stay positive when all seems so unfair?

I had a good run but ended at no4. So I know how that feels. 5 mins after dont know where did I drop to. :smile:

One noteworthy evening last week I took a shower and came back to find myself at 5th global, from 95th when I ran out of flags filling my chest. The folks in the Peer Support chat suggested I go take another shower. :wink:
Next morning I’d lost over 260 cups. Easy come, easy go. It’s more fun IMO to get there by winning on attacks, than by someone else’s bad luck.

My experience is that the frustrating streaks of bad luck eventually end, and good luck streaks happen too. Just got to be patient and wait out the bad stuff until the goodies flow again. Rinse and Repeat.

2 Likes

A very good question. People who feel like they have been treated unfairly, unconsciously trigger the primitive part of our brain that controls ‘‘fear’’ and ‘‘anger’’. We go into fight mode or we simply run away, which results into a sense of anxiety. This reaction to what we perceive as injustice lowers our ability to think rationally.

Let’s review your points of frustration from a rational perspective, where as rational means: “based on or in accordance with reason or logic instead of emotions”.

You know that the odds are low, that it’s a gamble and that the game has to make money. Your rational mind apparantly says that you no longer receive a sufficient value (I wish I did not spend). Instead of feeling frustrated you can also make the decision not to spend (such an amount of) money anymore.

Act based on your maximum acceptability of what you really can expect from your money. For summoning heroes it’s: you can expect a guaranteed 3* hero to appear and with luck a 4* or 5* hero appears. Am I willing to accept this? If the answer for now is no, then you probably should not spend any money on summoning any longer.

Or perhaps, since you do love the game, see it as a donation to express your appreciation towards the developers!

There are so many topics about how raids are ridiculous, unfair or straight up impossible to win. They all lead to the same conclusion; they are not and here you have some threads about how to improve your skills.

Perhaps you have grown into a cup range where it simply becomes more difficult to beat opponents in general. Maybe you lack some crucial heroes for your team to be effective. You might not know something, which could help you raid better. Or perhaps you just had a streak of bad boards and feel like the game turned against you. Try to find what exactly causes your displeasure and find a solution.

Also, your rational mind would tell you that the matchmaking process of the alliance wars is currently undergoing improvements. It needs time to ‘‘be perfect’’ and to be balanced out for everyone. Maybe it is possible to feel satisfied knowing that after some time there won’t be gross mismatches anymore. Doctors often say that when something is healing, it hurts first. :wink:

There are some nice topics about how people keep their mindset positive: What Is Winning? and my own thread The polarities of energy in people about how to deal with negative energy.

Every day, everyone of us, has the opportunity to recognize injustice. Wether it’s on large or small scale or within our own lives or the lives of other people. We always want to change the unfairness in our lives. Sometimes we can, as we are not powerless and we do not have to accept every injustice as unavoidable. However, we also need to accept that how we look at what we perceive as injustice affects our ability to right them.

What can we do to avoid this ability from being influenced?

People who do not experience frustration from unfairness, are not better than others. Let’s make sure this is clear to us. We can also not say that they never experienced utmost unfairness or injustice and never take a stand. They probably will. But in order to deal with unfairness well, you have to:

1. Realize that you are going to give an emotional response before that leads to obsessive thinking.

If you struggle with this, visualize a stop sign in your head when you realize you are going to give an emotional response. Tell yourself it’s not productive and that you can either accept it or try to change it.

1. Think (rationally) before you act. Ay, cliché, but reality.

When we want to think rationally we have to recognize our emotional reaction and consider it as that only, so that after it won’t dictacte our actual reaction. Usually it’s the other way around. Usually we tend to make up for our emotional response, by using our rational brain. For example; your friend stole your food. You hit him and tell yourself he deserved it. But if you use your rational brain first, you might come up with the conclusion that it was not such an unfair situation or big deal.

1. Know what you can control and what you can not control.

We can’t control the past. We can control the pressent. Address unfairness that’s happening now. You can’t change someone’s behaviour if they do not want to change, but you can change how we respond to it. We can’t change the odds of E&P, but we can change how we respond to it.

4 Likes

this is a classic story. almost half of the players always complain about the hero and material they get. some players will experience this, like myself. I always see this game like there are factors of luck and bad luck. when we are lucky we always get the good ones but once bad luck must be unlucky. but this isn’t always bad luck so it’s always spinning. so we just wait for the luck to come :smile::smile:

2 Likes

There are days when the game really sucks, summons give you scraps, your team lost war, you even wasted your flags on lower TP team and score rediculous low points and it would look like tiles are set up against you even as you couldn’t achieve your usual good scores with Titans , you were raided by team with lower TP and higher TP, both cases you lost trophies. These are facts of life, one way or the other I guess players would experience this low point, and it will drive down your mood.

When it happens, it is good to cool off and look for something that would boost up your moods.

There are also days when everything seen to all go positive, your raid log is showing all green, you did just one pull and get extra pull of HotM. You stack colors and bang the Titan score looked unbelievable.
This is all about games, the odds swings either ways.
Someone wrote something about Gacha it helps . So I approach every summon with very low expectation knowing it is a subject of probability ( gamble), and also understand that this is a game like every other game you lose some and win some and there are days you don’t win any. The rest is how you allow it to affect you.
I love this game, so I darn well approach it with attitude to make it fun for me, that is my control and no Dev nor SG has influence on that. So have fun, this is a game.

1 Like

I was playing SimCity Buildit forever. It finally got so cumbersome and they force you to do every new thing they add even if all you wanted to do was build. It got expensive and unrewarding to try and stay competitive. I switched to this game with the limited cash I spend and really appreciate that you can go as fast as you want or as slow as you want. You can war or not. You can fight titans or not. It is just a game and if you are so stressed about a game, you should consider finding something else to spend your money and time on.

Wow! I am rather surprised that this thread took off. Honestly, I vented. Better then throwing the pad. Everyone has been very supportive, love the humor! Thank you all! Good gaming luck to you All!

2 Likes

I feel the same way about being cheated you can’t seem to get a 5 Star hero whenever people are attacking your castle and they’ve got 3 and 4 4 and 5 Star heroes how do you get them for 5 Star heroes I’ve been playing this game for about a year and I just get the same two and three star people it’s not fair and I’m going to find me a new game to play I would rate y’all as a -1
We

1 Like

The best way to get 4* and 5* heroes is to upgrade a training camp to level 20. It takes a lot of patience (or luck), but you can get good heroes without spending any gems that way.

1 Like

Bad luck is the expected outcome, given low odds for success.

So everytime you get bad luck, you are allowed to be satisfied, because the game gave you just what was expected. Be satisfied with that 3*. It won’t stop you from being super happy about that 5*.

Also get your 5*'s from the TC 20. Much easier to be satisfied with the TC20 outcome than with the summon gate outcome.

The summon gate outcome is the road to frustration. There are only two ways to journey on that road that have a happy ending:
way 1: only take the free steps. you’ll not get a HOTM, but who cares, and if you do, well that’s just the cherry on your cake.
way 2: what road? you just bought a personal jetplane to fasttrack you to the finish and you’ve got 3 Guineveres, 4 Gravemakers and a bunch of other 5*'s to show for it.

Anything in between lands you halfway down the road in noman’s land, in the purgatory of “No HOTM/5* but I spent all I have to spent”, as the expected outcome. It’s okay if you’re a sadomasochist, but for anyone else it just sucks.

Thank you all! I hope you all have good luck in Getting those heroes you want. I will continue to play, and I really hope you all do too. Especially with the new changes in 2019. Good luck to all, Happy Holidays and I hope this is it for this thread…:smile:

Just focusing to build what I can with what I already have, never compere with other, stick to the budget, and when all pull or rewards is not exactly like what u wish, just move on. And keep believing that one day is my turn to becomes very lucky . without being complusive to spend more than the budget available.

Have fun with friend in ally and make a joke with our bad luck pull, is funny things to do, better than complain.

1 Like

Hi Taj, I am a f2p player who use to feel the same.I am level 48 and and only have 2 five star heroes that are waiting on final ascension. The rest are mostly leveled four stars. When I stopped caring about trophies and competing with other players, I enjoyed the game so much. There will always be more powerful players than yourself, but there are also a lot that are weaker. A good alliance that is ego free is also a plus. I just wanted to say, I have felt the same and wish you the best.:grin:

Amanda, so happy for you and the ability to plan so well all aspects of your hectic life. But, really, did you just slide an ad into this thread? Lol. im good with my life, both the hectic and the slow times. While I appreciate your need to buy an expensive special extra planner/organizer, I do pretty well with my brain and calendar. Good luck selling them tho, plenty of folks must need the extra help…

I’m extremely negative so it’s not a question of something that works out for me :smile: when I get 3 * from the pull I’m not frustrated, the frustration is in case you compare yourself with the lucky ones and the people who put their HOTM
here in the forum for each of them there is 10000 like me so much, and of course some unique heroes of certain event heroes and mana speeds bother me a little compared to what I can do with ct20 but that’s how the game works and it’s
an entertainment when it becomes something dull meeting other entertainment, simple to solve that’s how I got to E&P and that’s how I’m going to get out if the time comes for me.

I just love this game, wonderful people, forum -diversity, very active developers and of course business conscious company multiple options for players. Most times I don’t like to wait and as such I don’t mind spending money to get me what I want when I can afford it, especially if it gives me pleasure or satisfaction, I don’t mind if I lose at times but most times I win something , indeed I have spent to get me some good heroes, what does that make me? A P2W I guess, I will do it again , but wait! You still have to go through the grinding to level them heroes, you can’t beat the game but you can have fun, let keep the fun rolling in 2019.

1 Like

If I get frustrated I play Mitsuko and ROFL at AOE blue bosses committing one-shot suicide

3 Likes

@Slingbow I do a similar thing. When I get frustrated I replay earlier map levels that were very difficult before. Now I laugh at how much of an easier time my team wins. take that, stupid yellow rock creature and blue crystal bosses!

perspective also helps. I now realize that even if i’m not the luckiest, i still got lucky with some summon pulls earlier considering how low the odds are.

finally i reflect on the progress i have made. from the beginning where I only had Bane and Jahangir and Carver as 3s and above, I now have many good 3s and two fully ascended 4*s. not bad for 4 months of playing. it could be much worse

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Summons are ridiculous