How do you decide "which Hero" to prioritise in this ever changing meta !?

My new age heroes have been hammered half dead / wiped out by Khagan many times.

Whenever I see a Khagan, he is immediately copied by LoLo before he can do anything…. LoL :laughing: you brought lot of painful memories.

I have his costume & do plan to level him up soon.

Other mentioned are good if one uses them, as I meet all of them in defences & lose too !

Thanks for sharing !

1 Like

I am amazed how nicely Justice has taken position as a left flank in some defences I have faced & she does the job to render my new age team blind & soon dead…

I have copied her thru LoLo many times to save my team…

I plan to level her up soon from 2/50…

Man I feel you pr pain. Unless the hero is an obvious A or A+ hero I have a hard time pulling the trigger so I do a lot of waiting. I wait until I have close to 10 or 11 of a certain 4* mat like rings etc so I know if I do pull a great hero they won’t be waiting eons for the materials and even then I wait until after the latest and greatest summon portal to pass before I pull the plug. For example I have my 11 telescopes but will wait until Monday to level my blue 5* hoping I get Morel from the Underwild portal.

2 Likes

Thanks, iv always kinda been told if a hero can fit into your team then use them. (thanks @Wormwood)
Sometimes it may take another hero to get that hero to become useful as they work with the teams you build.

2 Likes

You wrote a detailed PoA of your strategy. I follow lot of the same model.

I’m sure Ariel is fine seeing those 4 Rigards & 2 Kirils do you good. While Ariel was my first 5* healer, I did 2 costume Kirils & 3 costume Rigards.

2 of the Rigards are 4/01 & only the costume is at 4/70, so no emblems till I finish the main hero. I did that as I needed healers for wars & was always stretched for food / feeders… Now, I m doing the main heroes one bye one.

Agree, Knowing appropriate hero mix for the hit is the key !

1 Like

As a free to play player I lacked 5* heroes got a long time. So I started to max every 5* I got.

In June 20 I had only Master Lepus snd Obakan. I finished Atlantis in normal mode and got nothing but Noor then the HotM. I had 18 rings so I ascended Noor. In August my TC20 gave me Azlar and Mariana. I ascended Mariana and in december I used some 20 EHT s chasing MN. I got a second Richard, Reuben and Santa. I ascended the second Richard and Reuben. Using all my scopes and rings. In January and February I finished Valhalla in normal and strong mode. In January TC20 got me Magni. With some 900 valhalla tokens I chased Uraeus, got him and Gefjon. Five free summons in the march costume got me Frosth. I collected another 14 EHT and chased Killhare this Springvale, missed her but got Yang Mai and a second Lepus and a costumed Elena from the latest costume chamber.

Now I have a fully ascended Noor and Reuben and a Gefjon ‚ a Santa a Yang Mai and a costumed Elena waiting for rings.

In blue I have a second Richard and Frosth and second Lepus waiting for scopes.

DonI regret levelling Noor , Reuben and second Richard?
Clearly no ! Noor carried me through Valhalla hard mode, and second Richard helped my blue mono team win many raids.

There will always be s better heroe shorttime after you maxed your best one. So you can wait indefenitely or you play what you have, have fun and excitement maxing a new heroe and chasing new 4* mats. Maybe my strategy
is not the most rational one but a game should be s source of fun not stress.

Happy gaming

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that’s quite an adventurous journey of creating possibilities, chasing, collecting good heroes.

This springvale gave me my 2nd Master Lepus, while first one sits at 3/70, almost forgotten, as I prooritise other ICE heroes. I remember many people chasing ML… such is IRONY of roster reality !

Badly wanted KillHare….

Happy gaminG !

I sometimes find myself amazed how well my 4x S1 defense keeps me in diamond, sometimes to the point I am losing more cups when attacking :rofl:

2 Likes

While post season-1 heroes have been more versatile / powerful… that doesn’t make S1 hero defences bad.
When they are backed by emblems & good troops, they are even better.
The S1 hit-3 or hit all heroes are bad-A** & single handedly wipe out teams / set them up to be killed by simple slash attacks.
So,
I am not surprised… as I have faced all of that many times !

2 Likes

sorry, about the 4-star kalile hero costume why the costumed kalile skill attack doesn’t give a certain amount of impact the attack only gives a fire effect, the costume attack should be superior to the kalile skill attack without the costume,

It’s fast speed DOT already. She used to deal more burn damage before she got nerfed. I don’t use her but fast speed DOT is quite decent

1 Like

Don’t know about a nerf. Pretty sure there was none.

If you mean from beta, I’m not sure if you should call it a nerf, many heroes in the live game were at least once changed during beta.
But calling that a nerf or buff confuses a lot of people who never looked into any beta thread and if they talk about some nerf in their alliance or some other place the rest will think they’re stupid or something, because there was no nerf in the game.

Kelile costume is exactly the same as it was when she was released.

1 Like

Wasn’t her burn uncleansable back then? I maybe wrong

Yes during beta it was definitely uncleansable and around 100 points higher, but I’m pretty sure that was already changed in beta.

Yeah I meant that actually

Some are atrocious. Bane springs to mind (totally useless) as he is my personal Dawa but I keep one costumed version of him despite not being used in a year. I also have a costume Prisca who I have used just 3 times in 2.5 years (never with the costume that confers zero benefit like Bane) and a costume Friar who I have used just twice (who costumed is okay, but not a Grevle and I have a couple of him).

As SG is believed by some (including me) to change things on the fly… These days I go for heavy damage, and a secondary skill.

My advice to just about anyone outside the top 5000 is save your mats until you have a functional hero that you know you can make use of, worthy of them.

I go by synergy to my teams and overall functionality to game play. I try not to select just because they may be good on def as they may get nerfed (Telli). I usually wait untill i have at lease 9 of the elemental epic ascension item before pulling the trigger on a 3/70. I find the game drops more (superstitious I know) if your not waiting on just 1.